Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542786 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9075 on: February 27, 2014, 04:44:45 pm »

You're not limited to one type of magic? Amazing! Then yes, I will like to learn metamagic first!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9076 on: February 27, 2014, 04:49:09 pm »

You're not limited to one type of magic? Amazing! Then yes, I will like to learn metamagic first!

"Specialization is helpful, but ultimately unnecessary for someone like you, one who is not bound by mortality. Go to the library and obtain the book 'On Metamagic'. A boring title, yes, but the book itself should prove helpful. And then we will speak about where you will find your tutor on obtaining this power."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9077 on: February 27, 2014, 04:55:59 pm »

Okay! How do I get to the library?

Get directions and head to the library. Search for that book!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:15:27 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9078 on: February 27, 2014, 05:14:08 pm »

"Uh... I dunnoes much about doctoring. I means, could try, sure, but prob'ly not ends real well. Could go finds you a doctor, maybes? Or maybes you friend knows sumfin' about dat sort of thing?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9079 on: February 27, 2014, 05:55:38 pm »

Tell the captain through interpretive dance what I was told about gathering everyone also point out the holes in the boat.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9080 on: February 27, 2014, 06:19:17 pm »

"Hello?"

Let there be...sight?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9081 on: February 27, 2014, 11:42:30 pm »

Morton could understand, and perhaps it was unwise to stay above deck. Carefully and surely, the desk will attempt to head below deck safely into the cargo hold. He believes it should be a safe area, or at least safe enough. The apostle of the tea leaf wishes he could do more to help however, but perhaps it might be best to just stand out of the way and not be a bother in his current condition.

Perhaps he could use his listening chant to keep on the 'look out' for anything strange, warning others?

Head down below deck where it's safer! Continue listening for anything that may be bad!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9082 on: February 28, 2014, 03:52:48 am »

~Sort of remembering your childhood, I think.  This really was interesting. Do you remember my childhood?~

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9083 on: February 28, 2014, 11:22:09 am »

~Sort of remembering your childhood, I think.  This really was interesting. Do you remember my childhood?~

~Uh, not really. I don't think I remember mine, either.~

"Uh... I dunnoes much about doctoring. I means, could try, sure, but prob'ly not ends real well. Could go finds you a doctor, maybes? Or maybes you friend knows sumfin' about dat sort of thing?"

"Nah, no doctors, please. And no doctoring from you, then. Guess all I've got left is to hope my girl gets here soon, huh?"

"Hello?"

Let there be...sight?

You still can't see a damn thing.

"Hello! Hello, hello, hello! Hello! Hello-hello! Oh, hell! Hello! He-he-he-he-he-hello! Hel-LO! HELLO! HELLO!" the voice replies, becoming shriller.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:26:07 am by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9084 on: February 28, 2014, 11:35:17 am »

~Weird. If you have selective amnesia, I probably have it too... What do you remember that's probably not your own memories?~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9085 on: February 28, 2014, 11:39:44 am »

~Weird. If you have selective amnesia, I probably have it too... What do you remember that's probably not your own memories?~

~Nothing that comes to mind, to be honest. It's possible that the separation wasn't exactly equal, and if that's the case, you might've gotten more soul-stuff than me... that's a little troubling, I guess.~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9086 on: February 28, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »

~Mhhmm. Don't worry, I don't think I've gotten any magical abilities or so.~
Scour my soul and memories for things that are out of place.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9087 on: February 28, 2014, 05:02:48 pm »

"Please...please don't do that."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9088 on: February 28, 2014, 06:25:41 pm »

Timothy was a little bit unsure about that.
"Is she... do you think she..." he cringed a little as he put the question into words, his voice little more than a squeak, "...Is gon' to be mad wif me?"

He glanced up and down the abandoned street, anxiously searching for any glimpse of the mistrustful woman he'd tried to befriend earlier.
"I's nah think she likes me very much. You is 'splains dat this all justa mis-derstanding, right? An' dat I was just tryna be a helps, right?"

>Wait nervously for the fellow's girlfriend to show up, hovering about and keeping an eye on his condition.

>Be prepared to quickly explain myself and/or fly directly upwards when she does arrive.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9089 on: February 28, 2014, 07:57:53 pm »

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund continues in his rolling, slowly trying to get away from the dog's personal space. After a period of intense uncertainty, though, he does manage to get around the corner, breaking line of sight. This seems to somewhat calm the dog, as the growling quickly stops. Having narrowly escaped a mauling, Sigmund then returns to his previous activity - searching for people he recognizes. He slowly slinks into another street, not having any idea where he's really going due to the way he has closed his eyes in the hopes of navigating these crossroads safely.

Just as he opens his eyes and looks upward again, though, he notices a bird flying his way. Hurtling his way, actually, its body assuming an arrowlike shape, its gigantic, sharp beak leading the way.

[Sigmund's dodge roll: 4-1]

He tries to roll out of the way, but does not quite succeed, the beak of the bird piercing some of his flesh and creating a sizable gash in his side - nothing bothersome, but definitely not a good sign of things to come, either. The bird, jumping away from Sigmund, flies up into the air again rather quickly. Sigmund wonders if these distractions will last much longer, as they really are making his business rather difficult to attend to.

At a room in the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas accepts the task laid out before him.

"Okay! How do I get to the library?"

"Figure it out. Spatial awareness is a great skill to practice," the fat lady says, then floats away. Niklas, though a little disappointed in the way people insist on making things difficult, tries his best to find the library anyway - fortunately, it is not too far, and the book in question is still very much available in multiple. And the librarian looks very full of cheer and friendly, too. Not to mention that the place itself is fairly clean and well-furnished, with a very inviting-looking set of reading tables placed on a raised platform just outside the bookshelf area.

On the Second Shank...

Mark decides that these latest dire straits are probably worthy of telling the Captain about, so he hops back upstairs and tries to explain the situation to the ghostly mariner through interpretive dance.

[Mark's interpretive dance roll: 6-1]

Luckily, the spirit of the dance has not left him, and probably never will, and the Captain understands Mark's meaning almost immediately.

"You are TRYING TO SAY that I AM SUPPOSED TO BE HERE? How AMAZING! Truly a SPECTACULAR COINCIDENCE! And yet there is... SOMETHING BOTHERING YOU! WATER! Insidious, TREACHEROUS, hideous water! WHERE IS IT? SHOW ME!"

And Mark does, pointing out a rather sizable hole in one of the side walls that a set of tusks currently seems to be working rather hard on widening. They don't seem to be succeeding, though.

"That IS highly DISTURBING! And I only GOT THIS SHIP less than a WEEK ago!"

The captain taps his chin ponderously.

"The QUESTION, though, is HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM! Brute force seems UNLIKELY TO WORK, SHOCKINGLY ENOUGH!"

Suddenly, the Artiste steps out from nowhere.

"Say, Captain, there seem to be holes in this ship! Big ones!"

"TROUBLING, aren't they?"

"They certainly are!"

As the two undead and one sortademon wonder about how to fix this terrible pickle of a situation, Morton decides that the inside of the ship probably is safer, and presumably possesses nicer acoustics. So he moves inside, stepping downstairs, and giving his surroundings another good listening to.

Luckily, he hears nothing that fills him with any concern. It's great to be so safe in here, he thinks. This ship could probably survive so many hazards, it's not even funny.

In a guest receiving area of Lizzie's mistress...

Kevin tries to reassure Lizzie in his own way.

~Mhhmm. Don't worry, I don't think I've gotten any magical abilities or so.~

~I don't really see how you could. My foci shouldn't become attuned to you no matter how much of my soul you might've gotten.~

Becoming more and more aware of the differences in his mind and identity, Kevin continues to search his memories for things he remembers. One thing that comes to mind is the book. The book of pictures. He had always wanted to track down one of them later on, but either never had the time, or lacked the resources. It was a very inspiring picture from it that he remembers. A man - a wizard, young and healthy, with lively eyes and a lithe, agile form, dancing within a mushroom circle in a forest clearing, looking like he's having the time of his life as skeletal hands appear to be slowly digging their way out of the ground. He had always thought that it would be great if he could get that, or something similar to it, painted somewhere, like on a wall or some canvas.

What's interesting, though, is that all of the memories Kevin can find feel like his own, and none really seem out of place. Somehow, all the events he can remember form a continuum, and one that appears to make perfect sense as well.

In a place of blinding white...

Scott doesn't appreciate it when unidentified entities seem to be trying to mock him.

"Please... please don't do that."

The voice gasps, then goes silent for a moment.

"Okay, but only because I love you, Jeremy."

Outside a ruined tavinn in Blynn...

Timothy isn't sure if the man's girlfriend will be too understanding of the situation and its entirely accidental nature, and makes his concern known.

"Is she... do you think she... Is gon' to be mad wif me?"

"I... dunno, I guess. Probably, maybe. Who knows? You did nearly kill me, after all."

That's the closest answer he's going to get, obviously. Timothy glances around the street, but doesn't see the woman anywhere nearby yet. Hm.

"I's nah think she likes me very much. You is 'splains dat this all justa mis-derstanding, right? An' dat I was just tryna be a helps, right?"

"Yeah... yeah, of course. A misunderstanding. You were trying to help. I'll tell her that."

Now that that's cleared up, Timothy just floats in place, waiting for the woman to arrive - she does not take too long, all in all. Longer than he would have expected, but not too long. She seems somewhat distraught when she spots her boyfriend lying next to a pile of food.

"Oh gods, you're alive! What happened to you?"

The man scratches his chin, presumably thinking on how best to say this.

"Well, I blew up. Sort of. It was an accident."

"An accident? This looks like some kind of natural disaster!"

"It wasn't his fault, is what's important. He was only trying to help, you know."

"Who was?"

"Timothy. He spoke to me a little while ago. The details are a little hazy."

Timothy wonders if now would be a good time to reintroduce himself.
Pages: 1 ... 604 605 [606] 607 608 ... 719