Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542884 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9105 on: March 02, 2014, 05:36:06 pm »

~Oh shit.~
Kevin then remembers that nobody can hear his thoughts right now.
Look for a weapon.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: March 02, 2014, 05:44:16 pm »

Use magic sight powers to filter-out polarised light.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: March 02, 2014, 05:56:24 pm »

Now would have been nice o be tied to that tower. Damn. Well, at least he could look for some place where his friends would gather in such a distressing situation like this. And the only place that could fit that criteria was the Second Shank.

Try to find the Second Shank. Always near stone walls and looking at the sky, just in case.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: March 02, 2014, 07:28:22 pm »

Mark tells the master about Erin's instructions... through interpretive dance.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: March 02, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »

Morton was indeed feeling increasingly more uncomfortable wet floors and large holes. Enough so that, you know, perhaps the deck is actually a nice place to be. The desk is rather sad at the absence of adequate parts however, panels are nice but he's not so sure it would be a good idea to attach one to himself. They would, however, be useful in blocking the holes!

But how could he attach them, he has nothing possibly useful that could cause them to stick... Hm. Perhaps enchanting can help here? It's worth a shot, he supposes, as the tea apostle sadly can't think of any other way to help.

The desk gathers and inspects the panels in full detail, looking at one side than the other, mainly as to if there is an obvious distinction between the two, and procures spare cloth if possible. Perhaps good tailor Craig's room? If either side of the panels aren't distinctive, make one side distinctive by making an obvious mark on it in some way, shape, or form. Perhaps the hate stick, or a nearby sharp object?

If Morton can make the panels adhere to the spots where the holes are, then he can patch the holes perhaps! But the desk isn't sure if he can only make one side adhere without accidentally sticking himself to it or making the hole thing adhere to whatever it touches, a rather dreadful possibility. Hence the spare cloth, if he only touches it with the cloth, then he should be fine.

Once the above is done, if still in the listening chant mode then recite the single thought chant with the main idea of the panel with the distinctive side being incredibly adhesive and sticky, able to attach to something and be very hard to let go. If not in listening chant mode, get into such.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:35:37 pm by Xanmyral »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: March 02, 2014, 08:23:16 pm »

Bail. Go back to the whole indebted to a god thing.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: March 03, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »

In the library of the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas is amazed by what you can learn from just reading a book once in a while, and thus continues in his intellectual pursuits.

Unfortunately, though, this is where the book gets a tad technical, deciding to introduce a series of strange symbols to stand in for various metamagical effects - though the book advises to get used to them, as they will be immensely useful in the creation of foci. The symbols are pretty complex, Niklas thinks, though he certainly can see how a nonlinear system of writing could help the perception of the idea of the text rather than the mere words.

And then the book starts talking about chants without properly explaining what they might be (although the author does make recommendations on what books to find chants and tips on using them in), which is where Niklas starts to feel a little lost. Hm. Maybe he should do some additional reading before tackling the rest of this.

At the docks of Mothdale...

Kevin starts to remember why he left this place not too long ago - all the damn danger from unlikely and inexplicable sources. Realizing that mystifying danger is something you don't face without at least a stout face-beating stick, he looks for a weapon - and he does find a rather nice board lying around nearby. He guesses that's kind of a weapon.

Now to check if you can beat faces in with it properly!

In a place of blinding white...

Not in the mood for conversation with the strange person in front of him, Scott tries to adjust his ghost-o-vision to filter out polarized light.

[Scott's will roll: 3-2]

Midway through, he recalls that he doesn't actually know what polarized light is, let alone how it works or how it might be relevant to his current situation. He, very much like the eminent scholars of his time, knows that light is actually made up of particles. Why, if it was actually a wave, how would shadows with solid edges be possible? So polarized light is obviously just some ludicrous gobbledygook he came up with just to try and cheat his way out of his blindness, and he suddenly feels ashamed at even considering the idea he had.

"Jeremy! Listen up! You're going to be the valiant test subject for my experiment, Jeremy. And I just want you to know that, if a hole appears, you are most definitely obligated to go through it. Understand, Jeremy? This is very important!" the soft voice tells him insistently. "Okay, then! Here goes!" it says, and Scott hears a distinct wobble followed by silence. How interestingly perilous!

In the streets of Mothdale...

Sigmund, supposing that perhaps he should look for things that are more permanent and less likely to move around and get themselves killed, tries to find the Second Shank, rolling along the streets, keeping an eye on the sky and himself close to a wall.

It takes a short while, but he does eventually reach the harbor - the ship is there, as is Kevin and a whole bunch of walruses that seem to be busily punching holes and ripping out panels from the side of the ship. They appear to be doing disturbingly well at this, in fact, and the ship has begun to lurch and sink in a very unsettling manner.

On the Second Shank...

Mark decides that he should probably tell the Artiste about those instructions he got and, despite his one-legged state, he still attempts to do so through interpretive dance.

[Mark's interpretive dance roll: 5-1]

Luckily, the ducklike shape of Evelyn proves simple to imitate in movements, as is the feeling of urgency and the concept of ships, which all seems to click just fine in the Artiste's mind. He doesn't seem happy, though.

"Dammit, Mark, I know all that already. Those were my instructions!"

The sound of rushing water seems to grow louder, and the ship's floor now has a pronounced incline to it.

"WE are SINKING! MOST UNFORTUNATE, that! Perhaps an EXTERNAL PERSPECTIVE will help!" the Captain says, then floats upward, phasing through the ceiling and disappearing from sight.

"Maybe he's got a point there," the Artiste says, and steps out of sight as well, leaving Mark alone on the slowly sinking vessel.

Meanwhile in the den, Morton drags himself over to one of the panels, inspecting it. Fortunately for him, it doesn't seem like he'll need any tools to mark this thing, as it's already got a yellowish line on the interior side. Filled with joy over this discovery, he moves over to Tailor Craig's room, only to find that there seems to be no cloth at all there. Somebody must have taken it, he guesses as he gets back to the den.

When he notices that the holes in the walls have gotten about twice as large (making the amount of water pouring in several times greater) and now have the mischievous heads of marauding walruses poking in through them, he begins to wonder about whether he has the hour or so necessary for the Single Thought Chant to spare, given how he seems to get the distinct feeling that the ship is now lower than it used to be.

Outside an artifact pet store...

Darren decides that maybe he should stop distracting himself with such things as helping the obviously demented populace of this strange husk of a city, and resolves to get back on track with that god quest or whatever. So he seeks out the engineers' graveyard, as that was where he was last pointed, and he knows that being pointed somewhere is important to act upon after the mandatory distractions have been engaged in with some measure of enthusiasm. Fascinatingly enough, it's not difficult at all to find - it's a rather large, shiny, glowing mausoleum on the far side of town, its perimeter patrolled by very nasty-looking giant insects.

Darren wonders if his questing so far may be of any help here, considering that he didn't really fully accomplish anything in all this time.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: March 03, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

Walk to any known person, then point at the Sun with my weird hat, and then cower in fear. That should tell them that I am a vampire, right? -Sigmund thought.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: March 03, 2014, 02:26:55 pm »

Hm. Perhaps... It is best to flee the ship, yes. The desk just hopes he can make it in time.

The tea apostle flees (read: drags/limps) the ship and onto the harbor! A sinking ship is much more dangerous than being out in the open!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: March 03, 2014, 02:33:39 pm »

Try to bash a walrus while not jumping into the water.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: March 03, 2014, 02:38:46 pm »

First of all, determine if this body needs food.
Second, go rent the books the book recommended to read.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: March 03, 2014, 02:58:48 pm »

Mark gets off the boat and heads back to the city looking for the others
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: March 03, 2014, 04:14:53 pm »

"Enough of this! In the name(s) of whatever demon, devil, god or celestial council in charge of Death and Agony, I curse you, I curse you and condemn you to BURN!"

((Gah, I should have figured that referencing relativley recent scientific knowledge would be heavily penalised without a decent argument. >.<))
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:18:05 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: March 03, 2014, 04:18:12 pm »

"In the name(s) of whatever demon, devil, god or celestial council in charge of Death and Agony, I curse you, I curse you and condemn you to BURN!"
((Cursing directly at Velusius, right? That's always a good idea (see James' story)))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: March 03, 2014, 06:22:50 pm »

"In the name(s) of whatever demon, devil, god or celestial council in charge of Death and Agony, I curse you, I curse you and condemn you to BURN!"
((Cursing directly at Velusius, right? That's always a good idea (see James' story)))
((Huh? Scotts angry and just shouting things at this idiotic blind voice and trying to set its source on fire. The 'cursing' is melodrama.))
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 719