Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542916 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9120 on: March 03, 2014, 07:50:09 pm »

At least it's not another woman.
Exactly how giant are the giant insects?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: March 04, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »

At the Second Shank...

Sigmund slinks out of cover, approaching the only known person aside from a slowly ascending Captain, Kevin, who seems to be looking down at the ship from the pier, occasionally attempting a menacing swing at the walruses in the water - he looks very disappointed that they are out of reach, to be honest.

He is rather unpleasantly surprised when he notices that some kind of giant worm appears to have moseyed over to his location and has begun wiggling its body-part hair at the sun and making displeased noises while rolling about. The ex-jester, though put off, recognizes the thing as Mark's work, and guesses he's out of the loop a little. Who might this be, anyway?

Just then, he is passed by Mark himself, hopping away on one leg, and then also by Morton. Both of them stop not too far from the ship upon seeing people and things they know.

Mark, however, is not really satisfied, and goes a-wandering again, perhaps to find some of the missing people at last. The one thing he does locate, though, are more dolphins. The same ones as previously, actually. One of them is still wielding Mark's leg in its mouth. The fortunate part is that he sees them in advance. Unfortunately, so do they, considering how little stealth Mark is capable of in his current state.

In the library of the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas suddenly remembers something - he's technically alive right now! That probably means that the lady's body he currently inhabits needs food. Fortunately, that does not seem to be the case right now - in fact, he feels quite full. Maybe he had a sizable lunch beforehand?

Oh well, he guesses he'll just find more books rather than worry about that - fortunately, all of the books he needs and then some seem to be in the library - Chanting: The New Method, volumes 1-6 of the Unified Chant Compendium, Non-Linear Linguistics: Introductory Edition and The One-Stop Guide To Supreme Enunciation. That's a lot of books, Niklas thinks. Wonder where to start.

In a place of blinding white...

Scott feels that there's only one way to make his feelings clear to this silly person next to him.

"Enough of this! In the name(s) of whatever demon, devil, god or celestial council in charge of Death and Agony, I curse you, I curse you and condemn you to BURN!"

[Scott's firestarting roll: 5]

Suddenly, a merry whoosh and crackle issues from Scott's vicinity, and he believes he may have gotten the voice, judging from the burning sounds. However, it doesn't seem all that perturbed.

"Yeesh, that sure stings! Now stop messing around, Jeremy. Go into the light! Or darkness, as the case may be!"

Outside the engineers' graveyard of the City of the Dead...

Darren is glad to finally have obstacles that are easier to deal with than all the ladies he seems to attract.

Granted, these obstacles are cottage-sized metal insects, but they don't really seem that bad. They actually look to be somewhat preoccupied with landscaping, although every last one of them makes sure to visibly and, one can't help but get the feeling, distrustfully glance at Darren every couple of moments.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:52 pm »

Hmm. Best learn to speak all magic like first, I guess.

Read the Supreme Guide to Enunciation!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: March 04, 2014, 12:57:45 pm »

"Good jester Kevin? Surgeon Mark? Oh thank heavens, I was worried something might of happened to the two of you. Surgeon Mark, where is your..."

Morton trailed off as the metal skeleton hopped off, and without skipping a beat moved on to addressing Kevin.

"Good jester Kevin, is everything alright? Do you perhaps know what's going on? And, ah, oh dear. You appear to have a, er, giant worm behind you. I quite hope its rather friendly..." Even with that said, the tea apostle slowly started to reach for the hate stick.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: March 04, 2014, 01:10:09 pm »

Try to explain that I cannot speak through interpretative dance.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: March 04, 2014, 01:53:44 pm »

The giant worm shakes his body in a "no" fashion (because I don't have a well-defined head, right?), then points at a nearby loose piece of coblestone. Then burps facing the walruses.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: March 04, 2014, 04:08:14 pm »

Scott...perhaps coming to the realisation that his new neighbor may not be exactly human starts ranting.
"Darkness? Are you addled? I am not evil...I am disabled! You try staying rational after half the trials I have been through! Try being raised as a shambling abomination by your pervert of a lover! Try being enslaved by some probable half-demon princling thing! Try being slowly maimed and mangled by various evil entities and becoming nothing but an incorporeal head!"
He will cut off with a frustrated growl and start walking away into the light.

((...I may have survived smiting a god?))
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: March 04, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

Mark leads the dolphins back to his friends so they can help him kill them
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: March 04, 2014, 07:51:34 pm »

Mark leads the dolphins back to his friends so they can help him kill them
((The insane +2 dolphins? I'm not able to do anything against that))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: March 04, 2014, 07:59:16 pm »

[Morton's half a desk and has no weapons, not sure what you expect him to be able to do. I suggest booking it.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: March 04, 2014, 08:10:21 pm »

((Our only way to defeat them is through non-traditional combat. This means: special ability-->dodge roll-->endurance roll. Becase we will die in direct combat))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: March 04, 2014, 08:13:51 pm »

[Well, I still got the hate stick. I know its aggressively harmful when used right, but that's the best I got. Kevin can probably pull off standard combat, but he's the only one of the group I'm afraid.

We can probably call to captain for help, they can't do anything to hurt him but he can shove them into walls or hold them still. We made friends, they can help us. But he may want to deal with the walrus problem first however.

You have that metal snake (I think) if things go bad, although I suggest fleeing the moment that happens. If you have that, you may have your scrolls of magic too.]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:15:55 pm by Xanmyral »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: March 04, 2014, 08:17:50 pm »

((Oh, yes, the captain. We have to make him hurl the walruses to the sky in a direction that would make them fall into solid stone accelerated by gravity))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: March 05, 2014, 12:35:58 am »

No, what are you saying, Darren? Preferring the company of monster insects to women? You need to get out of here before it's far too late.
Telekinetically grab some loose objects, resorting last to what the insects are landscaping. Then form it into a golem and breathe life into it. Repeat a few times, if possible.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: March 05, 2014, 04:06:34 am »

((I have no special abilities. I chose to stack normal combat bonuses.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 719