Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540871 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9225 on: March 12, 2014, 09:27:53 am »

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Kevin, seeing how the dolphin is quite distracted, attempts a skewering to make it get with the program and die like it's supposed to.

[Kevin vs. McStrange: 2+1 vs. 2]

The shape of the sword is not too conducive to such an approach, however, and the dolphin is merely poked instead. What a dreadful performance, truly.

Morton, feeling like he should contribute a bit more, also tries to help out a bit by shuffling up to the dolphin and attempting to disarm it.

[Morton vs. McStrange: 4-1 vs. 4]

Sadly, he is not tall enough for his hand to reach the dolphin's mouth, and thus the creature remains completely undisturbed. However, there is hope yet in Mark, who attempts a skewering of his own.

[Mark vs. McStrange: 3+2 vs. 3]

The dolphin, sadly, insistently continues in its complete ignorance of any and all stabbings inflicted on it, and focuses on beating Sigmund as deeply into the ground as possible.

[McStrange vs. Sigmund: 1+3 vs. 5-1+1]

It doesn't seem to be doing much except liquefying some choice bits of anatomy, however - the orb, though in a perilous location, is nonetheless quite safe within an as of yet untouched fold of the worm's flesh.

In the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas tries to find something to eat once more - fortunately, somebody has left an unattended pie on a nearby bench - before its owner can return, Niklas grabs it and vacates the area, eating the pie in a dark corner - it doesn't taste very poisoned, at least not going in, so Niklas thinks he might be in the clear. That hit the spot rather nicely, actually. Time to get to business.

He takes out the book on metamagic, and tries to read it once again. However, it seems that he clearly has not progressed far enough through multidimensional thought - the book starts to get downright arcane after devoting a chapter to nonlinear symbolism and its applications in metamagic - seems like you need a solid grasp of these principles to actually practice efficient metamagic to begin with. How very saddening.

In a blindingly lit area of Mothdale...

Scott decides to follow his new friend despite its very unfortunate fluorescence, floating upwards along with it.

"Well, there were these neat guys I've been hanging around with, if they are anyway competent they should be looking for the ship, probably located at the harbor. Would you like to say hello?"

The voice seems surprised.

"Wait, what guys? There was nobody in that pocket dimension! Nobody but you and me, Jeremy! I think that was just your imagination acting up again, buddy!"

They float upward for a moment, and Scott realizes that, while he faces away from the voice, he can actually sort of see. Everything he can see looks really dark, of course, but at least he can see what he thinks is the city below. They're pretty high up, actually.

Outside a ruined tavinn in Blynn...

Timothy just continues bawling with all his might, letting it all out. His cries and sobs echo into the empty streets of Blynn, and it feels like he has been at this for hours when Timothy suddenly becomes aware of somebody next to him.

"There, there, big fella. It'll be alright," the person, a fellow dressed as one of the guards of Blynn says. He's one of the mage-types, it looks like, and has a very significant LM stitched on the fabric covering his armor. "I'm sure you'll get through this. At least you weren't liquefied, you know? Being liquid really sucks, I hear."

Looking around, Timothy notices two other guards, non-magical ones this time, checking out the pink puddles on the ground. He also notices that he doesn't seem to be invisible anymore.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: March 12, 2014, 10:07:00 am »

Head back to the. Fat lady while carrying my various books. She wanted me just to go get the book, didn't she?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:35 am »

Attempt to behead the dolphin

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: March 12, 2014, 01:56:59 pm »

Turn around, hopefully positioning the orb in a place that is harder to reach, or at least is covered with flesh from the other side of Sigmund's body. Then curl up again.

((I am tanking! As a flesh bag! Wooo! Who needs armor? Haha. I'm going to die))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: March 12, 2014, 04:51:41 pm »

I'll prove it to you. Follow me.
Head towards the docks...at speed....lighting large fires for guidance if necessary.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: March 12, 2014, 04:55:58 pm »

Chop Chop CHop the Dolphin save my friend
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: March 12, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »

If you fail once, try again! Disarm that dolphin!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: March 12, 2014, 08:50:42 pm »

Every time. Every time he'd thought he'd seen the weird stuff, the catacombs had to prove him wrong.
"Well, ah, I'm looking for an artifact, but there's those beetles over there. Do you know what they're looking for?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: March 13, 2014, 01:17:11 am »

Timothy looked up with a start as someone spoke to him. After a moment peering through his tears, he realised it was one of those magic-y types from the inner town! But the fellow didn't seem to be attacking Timothy in any way...
In fact, he seemed rather nice. Timothy felt somewhat cheered up already, as well as a little guilty for being so mistrustful of these people without every having met them. He sucked a long strand of ghostly mucus back up his nose and spoke, his voice muffled by crying.
"...Thangks. Uh, who id you? My nabe id Timovy."

>Cease crying and thank this compassionate guard fellow, then introduce myself.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: March 13, 2014, 02:43:01 am »

At the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, sure that he has fulfilled any and all obligations he might have had in regards to the books, heads out to find the fat lady and ask her what to do now that he's all booked up. Oddly enough, just as he thinks this, he notices the fat lady floating down a nearby hallway calmly. Excellent! He trots over to her and displays the book proudly. The fat lady gives him a glance, then looks at the book.

"And you were... the... ex-chair, I believe?"

Niklas nods.

"You've got the book, I see. Took you long enough. I assume you tried to read it, yes? It doesn't really matter, honestly. You'll have to eventually. Your next task is to obtain the blood of a virgin. Have a vial," the fat lady tells him, and a vial floats out of her pocket, landing in Niklas' hand. "Be quick about it, if you will. There's only so long we can spend on the basics."

At the harbor of Mothdale...

Kevin, sick and tired of this crazed dolphin's enduring moxy, tries to slice off its silly head already.

[Kevin vs. McStrange: 6 vs. 3]

The dolphin does not even dodge as Kevin's blade goes straight through its upper body - the head is very neatly severed! Have to love that amazing sharpness, Kevin thinks.

Distressingly, however, the head, even after falling to the ground, does not seem to have let go of the leg in its mouth. Or stopped moving, for that matter. It jumps back toward the worm and keeps trying to destroy it! This distresses Mark as well, who feels he should fix this mess as quickly as he can.

[Mark vs. McStrange: 2+2 vs. 2-1]

He sinks the blade of his halberd right into its skull, causing it to leak out a little bit of its brain, but that doesn't seem to quite work either! Mark gets the sneaking suspicion that this might not be a regular dolphin, as does Morton, who keeps trying to disarm it in order to minimize its threat.

[Disarm: Morton vs. McStrange: 3-1 vs. 3-1]

He manages to actually catch the leg this time around, but the dolphin rips it out of his hand almost immediately, concentrating on his most hated enemy on this earth - Sigmund!

[McStrange vs. Sigmund: 2+2 vs. 1]

And through its bouncing and flailing, it clears off more and more of Sigmund's bits until the orb is well and truly exposed - most of Sigmund's body is torn off and scattered around the area, he notices, finding his movement range even more limited that before, sadly enough. And then the dolphin knocks the orb loose, causing Sigmund's vision to go completely dark suddenly, and his surroundings completely vanish.

In the air above Mothdale...

Scott decides that he can prove he's not some kind of crazy person with a wild imagination! He just needs to find his friends!

"I'll prove it to you. Follow me."

"Oh, all right. But I'm telling you, you won't find anything, Jeremy!"

Scott is unamused by this pessimism, and heads to the docks, followed by the voice. He reaches the place eventually, but there's a bit of trouble - he can't really see anything - slightly darkened shapes of buildings and ships are the best he can do, sadly.

At a forming stalactite...

Darren decides that he'll engage this enchanting pile of misshapen flesh in conversation.

"Well, ah, I'm looking for an artifact, but there's those beetles over there. Do you know what they're looking for?"

The fleshy thing considers it for a moment.

"Well, you're in the right place, cute stuff. That place with the beetles is the big mausoleum where they keep all the artifacts. They don't like visitors very much, though. They let only those who look right in. You have to be someone like me to get in there. Somebody talented, you know?"

Its eye winks at Darren in a conspiratorial fashion at that last bit, and its monstrous lips twist in a grin.

"Why do you wanna go in there, anyway? Place is dangerous, you know. Wouldn't want a cutie pie like you to get hurt or anything."

Outside a ruined tavinn in Blynn...

Timothy, confronted with a reasonable authority figure, feels quite cheered already, and speaks to the man, voice muffled by ectoplasmic tears and mucus.

"...Thangks. Uh, who id you? My nabe id Timovy."

"I'm Lenny, and I'm sorta keeping this town safe - well, what's left of it, anyway. Where'd you come from, Timothy? I don't really recall seeing you in town before. You a new arrival?" he asks, smiling politely.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:34 am »

Mark seeing the orb fall out feels a sense of dread that orb contains the soul of his friend he knows

Leaving the halberd in the dolphins head to encumber it Mark races forward grabs the orb and races away keeping it away from the dolphin

((I feel so stupid for not thinking of that before grab him and get him away from the dolphin instead of trying to kill the dolphin before he killed))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: March 13, 2014, 05:41:44 am »

Mark seeing the orb fall out feels a sense of dread that orb contains the soul of his friend he knows

Leaving the halberd in the dolphins head to encumber it Mark races forward grabs the orb and races away keeping it away from the dolphin

((I feel so stupid for not thinking of that before grab him and get him away from the dolphin instead of trying to kill the dolphin before he killed))

Quick note - the halberd is not still in the creature's skull. Would you like to deposit it there?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: March 13, 2014, 06:16:39 am »

Quick note - the halberd is not still in the creature's skull. Would you like to deposit it there?

Nah go straight for Sigmund's orb. Save him first kill later
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:25:01 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: March 13, 2014, 07:20:34 am »

Mentally scream. I don't want to die!

((Oh, god, undead dolphin hivemind? This is going to be a tough fight))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: March 13, 2014, 07:37:08 am »

Well that's quite distressing, these most certainly aren't regular dolphins. Third time's the charm, he got closer the last time, he's bound to succeed now! Disarm that head!
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 719