Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542579 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9435 on: March 28, 2014, 11:02:29 pm »

"Hi I'm Mark and I thought you were my friend but I just relised that everyone has had bodies switched around onesec

Turning to the dolphin I'm Mark who are you" after they tell me look around for a weapon of any kind
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: March 29, 2014, 06:38:53 am »

Attempt to communicate my name through interpretative dolphin break dancing.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: March 29, 2014, 06:39:49 am »

~Okay, this is odd. Why did you change their bodies? It's not like it was necessary for them?~

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: March 29, 2014, 08:41:20 am »

((I like it when you sometimes fill in the voice for me Harry, it gives the the erratic and chaotic mental nature Scott needs. <3))

"Now now! Unless you seek enslavement to strange and magicl beings?!"

Scott will try mentally pushing him to the nearest door off the terrace that is in the right direction if necessary.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: March 29, 2014, 02:03:19 pm »

"Sir Scott?" Morton didn't remember the poor man being half-melted, a rather disconcerting sight to say the least.

"Sir Scott, it's me, Morton. Why the rush, and good heavens what happened to you? Are you quite alright, do you need aid? Why push good tailor Craig so?" He feels a touch out of the loop, but from what Craig had told him, not nearly as much as the tailor.

"If I could at least have a word with good tailor Craig first? I don't believe he hears good group Gub as the rest of us do, and doesn't quite know all of what's going on as a result."

Morton hopes this stalls the temperamental ghost at least for the moment, turning to Craig and preparing his new body for the exposition about to be dropped on the tailor.

"I do apologize for the confusion over the past few days, although I've--much less the rest of us who can hear good group Gub--had little choice in the matter I'm afraid. The reason many seem so peculiar in this town is because they hear the voice of an entity that names itself Gub, a being who speaks to and I assume can control if wished those within their influence. I convened with them not but a short while ago, to explain my silence. I had assumed you could hear good group Gub, but it seems my presumption was quite off the mark."

"I do hope that explains the rather odd behavior around you, as I said earlier I've not regained my faculties until just earlier today. I don't doubt similar experiences with the others of the group. I don't quite know why you cannot hear good group Gub, but such seems the case. Either way, a belated thank you for staying around, good tailor Craig, and for helping me once more with my wardrobe issues."

Introduce self to Scott, exposition ho!

[Requisite exposition out of the way, I do wonder why Craig cannot hear Gub. His demonic-blessed form perhaps?]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:04:50 pm by Xanmyral »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: March 29, 2014, 02:14:54 pm »

((I think the Gub can either not see (sense?) Craig, or the Gub is afraid of him.))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: March 29, 2014, 02:30:29 pm »

[Gub was trying to get Craig to do something though, so I figured he could talk to Gub, but now I'm wondering if Gub is even aware he's not hearing him. This does support Whip Man being demon/god blessed though, Gub similarly can't commune with him.]

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: March 29, 2014, 02:34:25 pm »

((I'm starting to suspect that the Whip Man is some sort of anti-Bombadil.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: March 29, 2014, 02:46:43 pm »

[Ah, never forget the age old adage: if it has stats, it can die or be defeated. Whip man will need to be dealt with on our terms, together, and in such a way that the word blitzkrieg is an understatement. Problem is, we rarely have such opportunities due being pulled this way and that.]

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: March 29, 2014, 04:10:51 pm »

[Ah, never forget the age old adage: if it has stats, it can die or be defeated. Whip man will need to be dealt with on our terms, together, and in such a way that the word blitzkrieg is an understatement. Problem is, we rarely have such opportunities due being pulled this way and that.]
((I agree with all this. Eventually, we will either kill or recruit him))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: March 29, 2014, 05:04:07 pm »

In the lair of a thieving rat...

Niklas attempts to teach this rat a lesson it is unlikely to remember via a knee to its squishy rodent skull.

[Niklas vs. Rat: 2-2 vs. 1]

He nearly trips over himself as he fails to realize that a roundhouse knee is hardly an actual fighting move - the rat seems equally surprised to find this out, to be honest.

[Rat vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 1]

Not one to leave a perfectly good advantage unexploited, it pounces at Niklas, biting out a sizable portion of his trachea! Blood starts rapidly flowing into the respiratory tract of the chef, and he begins to choke! As this happens, the rat just keeps on going to town on his face and upper torso, removing chunks of flesh with each bite. Niklas hadn't suspected that rats could be this savage, really. Must be all the magical insulation it's probably eaten. Makes creatures huge and loopy, or so Niklas would suspect if he wasn't currently in the middle of yet another steamy makeout session with death itself.

[Niklas' will roll: 5]

Fortunately, death is feeling a bit tired today, and doesn't seem willing to skip to next base just yet. Maybe it needs some extra motivation. Anyway, Niklas picks up right where he left off - stabbing rodents!

[Niklas vs. Rat: 3-2 vs. 2]

He finds out that it's a little difficult to stab something in the throat while it's eating yours. Particularly when the rat starts chewing on Niklas' esophagus. Most displeasing feeling, Niklas must say.

[Rat vs. Niklas: 6 vs. 3]

The rat chews onward bravely, but has to unfortunately stop when it reaches Niklas' spine - damn thing's a little too hard and thick to bite in half just like that. So it instead removes its bloodied maw from Niklas' throat and starts violently and messily nibbling on his shoulder instead, getting to the shoulder joint in no time at all! Before Niklas can even offer some choice words on the matter (or at least try - it's a little hard for him to vocalize in any manner aside from gurgling, actually), his non-knife arm starts to feel terribly loose.

In the middle of a wacky, friendly version of a standoff...

The relatively quiet section of the street is treated to a wonderful show as the people present try to explain their respective identities - Sigmund starts off by shaping his body into a rather large, sadly not upright 'S'. This explains shockingly little, though it might prove as a sufficient indication of sentience. Then again, 'S' could stand for either sapience or stupidity - it probably does not matter, as both either are or immediately will be present in the area.

Kevin, not discouraged by the malleability-assisted performance of the jelly, tries to introduce himself through cetacean interpretive breakdancing. Sadly, possessing no limbs, facial articulation or favorable gravity in the area, he only happens to flop about in place mysteriously, confounding his unknowing friends.

Mark, having gotten most of the good cards in this whole body switching business, decides to get to the bottom of this through the power of articulate speech. He tries to explain himself to Art.

"Hi, I'm Mark and I thought you were my friend, but I just relised that everyone has had bodies switched around, one sec..." he says, turning to the dolphin. "I'm Mark, who are you?" he asks, but the dolphin only keeps perplexingly sloshing around on the cobbled ground. It might be having a seizure, Mark suspects. If only he had a surgical kit of some kind to perform the necessary surgery to check for this kind of thing.

~Okay, this is odd. Why did you change their bodies? It's not like it was necessary for them?~

~every action we perform is perfectly justifiable! the important detail to remember is that this only holds true for a certain period of time! and, now that you mention it, we have a solution!~

[the gub's magic roll: 2]
[the gub's magic roll: 4]

Sigmund is surprised when absolutely fuck-all happens to him. Usually ominous remarks like that are followed by something amazingly terrible happening. The universe must be feeling kind today.

Kevin, on the other hand, is not so lucky. His soul, only freshly adapted to a dolphin body, is once again removed from its housing, zipping across the distance to his good buddy Mark and nestling in the female entertainer's body right next to the disturbingly misshapen soul of the "doctor". This is slightly closer than Kevin has ever wanted to get to the guy, he has to say. Rather interestingly, though, he seems to be able to hear Mark's thoughts, and vice versa.

~it is time for ultimate teamwork!~ the gub say widely enough for all four of the present parties to hear.

"Why don't I like the sound of that?" Art says, then glances at the suddenly prone and lifeless form of what was the short-term body of Kevin. "Wait, what happened to the dolphin? It looks dead!"

~it is! for now, anyway!~

On a rather nice terrace...

Scott keeps trying to persuade Tailor Craig to see things his way.

"Now, now! Unless you seek enslavement to strange and magical beings?!" he shouts, but Tailor Craig doesn't seem convinced.

"Wait, is this some sort of task again? I thought people had stopped offering those a while ago," he says, tapping his claw against what may or may not be a chin. Scott, lacking patience, decides to try and push him away.

[Scott's telekinesis roll: 3]

The tailor is lightly prodded, but doesn't seem very movable. He looks a little confused.

"What beings do you mean, anyway? These 'gub'?"

Morton is more surprised than he probably should be at finding Scott this way.

"Sir Scott? Sir Scott, it's me, Morton. Why the rush, and good heavens what happened to you? Are you quite alright, do you need aid? Why push good tailor Craig so?" he asks of the ghost. "If I could at least have a word with good tailor Craig first? I don't believe he hears good group Gub as the rest of us do, and doesn't quite know all of what's going on as a result."

He then turns to the tailor while Scott feebly tries to push him off in a direction.

"I do apologize for the confusion over the past few days, although I've - much less the rest of us who can hear good group Gub - had little choice in the matter I'm afraid. The reason many seem so peculiar in this town is because they hear the voice of an entity that names itself Gub, a being who speaks to and I assume can control if wished those within their influence. I convened with them not but a short while ago, to explain my silence. I had assumed you could hear good group Gub, but it seems my presumption was quite off the mark. I do hope that explains the rather odd behavior around you, as I said earlier I've not regained my faculties until just earlier today. I don't doubt similar experiences with the others of the group. I don't quite know why you cannot hear good group Gub, but such seems the case. Either way, a belated thank you for staying around, good tailor Craig, and for helping me once more with my wardrobe issues."

"Huh. That's certainly interesting, I suppose," Tailor Craig says. "I am not entirely sure about what to do with that information, though. I suppose we should get to the whole tailoring business, then. It seems that whatever he wants," he points at Scott, "might be somewhat important."

[the gub's magic roll: 1]

At exactly that moment, Scott suddenly feels his soul get yanked in a very unpleasant way, causing a slight eccentricity between it and his current ectoplasmic body.

[Scott's will roll: 6]

Though nauseating, the experience proves harmless as Scott's soul rights itself immediately.

~hm! ultimate teamwork is more difficult to realize than expected!~

Both of the others glance at Scott, who involuntarily seems to have emitted a very unnatural sound. It happens when your soul gets partially ripped out of your body, you know?

~morton! we can simplify the issue of your wardrobe by granting you a new body! it is dressed impeccably, impressions indicate! are you ready for ultimate teamwork? we are considering splitting you all into two teams for the next task! it is likely to simplify getting things done immensely! if you wish, you may choose between the first and the second team!~ Morton hears the gub say to him. The gub just seem to be brimming with opportunities lately.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: March 29, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »

I'm incredibly glad I chose that perk.

STAB RAT IN FACE AND THROAT AND LUNGS
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: March 29, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »

((So, the Gub rolls a 1, and we suffer. Okay, we are going to die no matter what happens))

~What the hell did just happen? Why did the dolphin stopped moving? And you could explain your motives before acting, to see if we agree or not, or if we have a better judgement~

Do not let my soul get taken away from my body. No, I'm just getting used to it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: March 29, 2014, 05:15:28 pm »

((Hey, it turns out acting like an incompetent cripple with malevolent intent was the right thing to do!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: March 29, 2014, 05:16:30 pm »

((Hey, it turns out acting like an incompetent cripple with malevolent intent was the right thing to do!
((You are about to die anyway, so I'm not so sure))
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 719