Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542909 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9930 on: July 20, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

"My apologies for being vague, good mage Justine. I would like to know who assaulted the town, killed good sir Jurgen, and placed good group Gub at its head. You've mentioned it was a third party, and speculated the Black Circle, but I was hoping that perhaps one of the refugees might of seen the perpetrator, or perpetrators. I apologize again for not asking you initially, good mage Justine, I just worried it may of been too specific." Morton apologized and explained to the mage, pondering.

"But... I'm afraid I'm not so sure. If the Mothdale refugees arrived in Eckledun, where a Black Circle tower is, why would they flee to those responsible? Unless they didn't know, I suppose." The desk mused, pondering. "Surely the Black Circle wouldn't of wished to cast themselves such a bother as good group Gub sending the Mothdale residents fleeing to their tower? But it does make a good way of making one look innocent..." The tea apostle didn't seem to be making much headway into the pondering.

Converse with (and apologize to) Good Mage Justine, ponder to self!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: July 20, 2014, 02:24:39 pm »

"My apologies for being vague, good mage Justine. I would like to know who assaulted the town, killed good sir Jurgen, and placed good group Gub at its head. You've mentioned it was a third party, and speculated the Black Circle, but I was hoping that perhaps one of the refugees might of seen the perpetrator, or perpetrators. I apologize again for not asking you initially, good mage Justine, I just worried it may of been too specific." Morton apologized and explained to the mage, pondering.

"But... I'm afraid I'm not so sure. If the Mothdale refugees arrived in Eckledun, where a Black Circle tower is, why would they flee to those responsible? Unless they didn't know, I suppose." The desk mused, pondering. "Surely the Black Circle wouldn't of wished to cast themselves such a bother as good group Gub sending the Mothdale residents fleeing to their tower? But it does make a good way of making one look innocent..." The tea apostle didn't seem to be making much headway into the pondering.

Converse with (and apologize to) Good Mage Justine, ponder to self!

"It was somebody not present in Eckledun, obviously. I can't quite say for sure from my quick scan. And an important thing to remember here is that none of these people have any idea what's really happening - they only know where danger is and where it is not. I am fairly sure all this is part of some greater plan, however. Everything seems to fit together - the people come here, the Black Circle reappropriates them as they wish after it becomes clear that returning to Mothdale isn't an option, and so it goes. Free human resources."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: July 20, 2014, 03:35:22 pm »

Morton rotated along the horizontal axis in a nodding fashion. "So I suppose if we do want to throw a colloquial rock in their metaphorical soup, our best option may be to have returning to Mothdale safely indeed be an option again, and to expose them as the source of the danger." The desk still had doubts as to the identify of the perpetrators, but he does admit it makes the most sense to be the Black Circle.

"Of course, reaching that goal would undoubtedly be a trek and a half, I believe. I suppose at the moment we should properly brush up on how we shall approach the tower. I believe it would be best to seek them for answers if possible, perhaps through posing as the entourage of an initiate or perhaps a member? I fear the direct and honest route may result in a closed door. Maybe we can seek an entrance with the mages finishing up their shift? Travelers who wish to render aid?" Morton planned out loud to the group, wishing to have some sort of a plan before they just wander up to the tower. That's how the clever heroes always did it in the stories, after all.

"From there, we can perhaps try to garner a peace between good group Gub and the refugees, or try to convince the Black Circle mages to head to Mothdale."

Plan!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:40:23 pm by Xanmyral »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: July 21, 2014, 02:56:24 am »

"Replica, what do you mean by that? Is it, uh... not real?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: July 21, 2014, 03:03:54 am »

Morton rotated along the horizontal axis in a nodding fashion. "So I suppose if we do want to throw a colloquial rock in their metaphorical soup, our best option may be to have returning to Mothdale safely indeed be an option again, and to expose them as the source of the danger." The desk still had doubts as to the identify of the perpetrators, but he does admit it makes the most sense to be the Black Circle.

"Of course, reaching that goal would undoubtedly be a trek and a half, I believe. I suppose at the moment we should properly brush up on how we shall approach the tower. I believe it would be best to seek them for answers if possible, perhaps through posing as the entourage of an initiate or perhaps a member? I fear the direct and honest route may result in a closed door. Maybe we can seek an entrance with the mages finishing up their shift? Travelers who wish to render aid?" Morton planned out loud to the group, wishing to have some sort of a plan before they just wander up to the tower. That's how the clever heroes always did it in the stories, after all.

"From there, we can perhaps try to garner a peace between good group Gub and the refugees, or try to convince the Black Circle mages to head to Mothdale."

Plan!

"That would probably be wise, yes. Shall we go see them? I can lead the way."

"Replica, what do you mean by that? Is it, uh... not real?"

"Well, obviously. The real thing is further below. I think one of the eldest Engineers had it, actually."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: July 21, 2014, 04:46:15 am »

"Oh. So... You mind if I uh, borrow some of these artifacts you've got up here? I've got to head down there, and dying isn't on my todo list. Then, once I get back from down there, we can play that card game?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: July 21, 2014, 05:01:34 am »

"Oh. So... You mind if I uh, borrow some of these artifacts you've got up here? I've got to head down there, and dying isn't on my todo list. Then, once I get back from down there, we can play that card game?"

"They're not terribly useful artifacts, I'm afraid. But you can have one if you want, of course."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: July 21, 2014, 07:06:29 am »

"Not useful like gives light? Or not useful like makes doves fly out?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: July 21, 2014, 07:12:28 am »

"Not useful like gives light? Or not useful like makes doves fly out?"

"Not useful like designed to look like more valuable artifacts, but made at a fraction of the price."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: July 21, 2014, 10:52:19 am »

((I have internet for at least a week! \o/))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: July 21, 2014, 04:49:15 pm »

In some sort of underground pipe system...

Kevin, deprived of the best option he had, takes the second one - the slashed-open pipe - regardless of the potential threat that a being that can slash a hole straight through a metal pipe may possess - fumbling through the dark, he eventually finds the opening and slips through it, finding himself in what feels like fairly cramped quarters - crawling forward still, he feels the tunnel widen, though not to a point where he can stand - the ground, which had after leaving the pipe been rough stone, now seems to have gotten a bit softer, lined with some kind of crunchy material.

Feeling further onward, Kevin is a tad startled when his questing hand finds an object - a slick, large object of some sort. A quick examination reveals it to be some sort of giant crustacean, all limbs and chitin plates, with claws as hard and sharp as axes. Fortunately for Kevin, it appears to have died somehow - otherwise he's fairly sure it would have reacted most adversely to an accidental poke in its oversized antennae.

In the guest wing of Castle Fenton...

Niklas, realizing the inherent folly of living in a room next to the as-of-yet unknown intermixing of wasp and goat (presumably combining the wasp's inherent hatred for all life and the goat's unending hunger for all things vaguely edible), runs along with Lifeboy to the other end of the hall, quickly lifting a torch off the wall in case killing things with fire proves necessary. The two partners in adventure regroup at the other end of the hall.

"Okay," Lifeboy begins to say, slightly out of breath. "I don't think it can open doors, so that's good!"

Just then, as if to prove a point, the door to the former room of Lifeboy is penetrated by what looks like an incredibly nasty stinger - the stabbing continues for the next few seconds until it strikes the doorknob a few times, pounding the locking mechanism right out of the door. It swings open, and out comes a creature. Its wings flap incredibly fast, its stinger is unspeakable, its eyes are murderous and compound, and the sound it makes with its toothy maw is horrendous, and that perhaps is all that needs to be said about it.

"Maybe I did not give it enough credit!"

In a gnomish operating room...

Sigmund, quite enthusiastic about taxing his multitasking skills at last, begins to do two things at once.

Firstly, he begins to move some of his bits discreetly away from the gnomes of the room, though only the smallest ones begin to make any measurable moves, as the gnomes seem awfully sensitive to this sort of thing.

Secondly, he prays to the god of death, feeling that doing such a thing has not done him enough favors yet.

~Hey! You liked to watch me suffer? Then I have a gift for you!~ he soundlessly thinks as his head-arm construct is enriched with three additional rib-legs, made from his very own ribs - these actually make it possible for him to keep his head sort of upright.

Sadly, though, he gets absolutely no indication that he has been heard - perhaps here, in the darkest corners of the earth, even prayers are blocked out by the multitudinous layers of stone? That's something that might potentially make sense, Sigmund guesses.

In an important building in Blynn...

Happy to follow Lenny's alternate directions, Timothy agrees to visit one of the fine tavinns of Blynn!

"A tavinn! Ooh, let's go to da tavinn! Well, if you's wants ta take me. I's sweared off all da boozings, but I reckons you can uses a drink or five!"

"Oh yes. Yes, I certainly could."

And so they head off to Harlan's House of Hilarity and Harlotry, the premier tavinn of Blynn and a favorite of many men and women of Blynn these days, both due to its massive levels of hilarity and the exquisite service in terms of harlotry. Wandering in, Timothy, despite managing to only partially turn invisible, doesn't feel out of place at all - in fact, a few people around here are ghosts like him, and several he can spot look even stranger.

Following Lenny, Timothy heads over to the bar, where a very, very old man stands, various drinks floating in a gentle orbit around him.

"I'll have the usual," Lenny says, and one of the drinks floats into his hand - the man makes no other movement. In fact, Timothy's not entirely sure he's a real guy, from the way he looks. Lenny takes a sip and looks around.

"Well now. There's a whole bunch of people here. I think the man in the corner there's a diviner," he says, pointing to a robed, handsome fellow being a wallflower in the corner. "You wanna go talk to him, or should I?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: July 21, 2014, 04:57:41 pm »

Niklas does the one thing he knows might work when faced with a wasp or a goat: dancing loudly!

BAAAAAAAA BBZZZZZZZZ BBBAAAAAAAA BZZZZZZ

Emit sounds while dancing in a waspgoatish like manner in order to placate the beast!
If that doesn't work, try burninating it with the torch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: July 21, 2014, 05:15:10 pm »

((Wait, are these the crab people from the first chapters? If so, I applaud you, Harry))

Well, with praying out of the question, and with gnomes that don't seem to want to kill him, and instead do experiments on him, the best thing to do is to wait until they have done them. Or otherwise try to avoid getting killed by mistake.

Do not react, wait until the gnomes get bored. If they do something that would put in peril my life, show that I'm conscious and I don't like that.

Nunzillor

« Reply #9943 on: July 21, 2014, 06:49:55 pm »

-Redacted-
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 08:28:13 pm by Nunzillor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: July 21, 2014, 08:06:06 pm »

"Do they, well, do anything?"
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 719