Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542913 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #10080 on: August 27, 2014, 02:24:13 am »

To the hells with it, Scott phases in to find Morton and save him from the molestations of the that perverse warrior!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10081 on: August 27, 2014, 04:37:01 am »

That's because your body is pure and wonderful and from the North. I don't even remember where I got this one; I bargained it out of some guy so I wouldn't have to be a chair, I think? It's third rate, while yours is masterwork.

"I did, obviously. Now then, step aside. I'm gonna have that terrifying helm one way or another, even if I have to spontaneously teach myself how to blacksmith!"

Make a frowny face. Also check that I still have both arms, I remember them getting ripped off a little while ago.
If he steps aside, dash into the workshop and try to figure out this blacksmithing business.
If not, keep on talking.

"Aw. I just can't stay mad at you, my love."

As soon as you mention that you're the author of this piece of work, the man appears surprised.

"Ah? You made it? I would not have thought so! How fascinating!"

As he considers this, you attempt to clamber up the black wall of the box that seems to host the forge, but the walls are quite slippery.

"Hm! Perhaps I could indeed let you into the Mystery Forge. Perhaps you will create something quite impressive indeed! But be warned that the Mystery Forge can be dangerous to the unprepared. This would not be a problem, if it were not for the fact that none are prepared for the Mystery Forge, and that only one may be inside it or even behold it at a time! Do you believe yourself worthy?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: August 27, 2014, 05:17:24 am »

((What were the gods of thsi universe again?))
((Also, Life Begins at Death: Profound Ham))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: August 27, 2014, 05:32:27 am »

((What were the gods of thsi universe again?))
((Also, Life Begins at Death: Profound Ham))

The Five Gods:

Narcillicus: beauty, emotion, art
Pacitarius: nature, life, non-humanity
Rysinia: war, industry, logic
Velusius: death, magic, adversity
Almiria: order, regulation, killing you if you step out of line

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: August 27, 2014, 05:34:29 am »

Well, do it.

Do what I thought. Stop if I'm getting too close to the ceiling.

((Fingers crossed))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: August 27, 2014, 06:07:04 am »

Pray to Velusius.
"Oh great Velusius, give me the strength to murder the fuck out of these spiders."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: August 27, 2014, 07:46:52 am »

In the midst of the glamour, power, and infinite mysticality of the Crown, Darren found himself struck speechless. As such, he tried do what he always did when he lacked things to say, ask the easy questions.
"Hey, uhh... How are you?"
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:49:50 am by Spinal_Taper »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: August 27, 2014, 08:19:43 am »

In the midst of the glamour, power, and infinite mysticality of the Crown, Darren found himself struck speechless. As such, he tried do what he always did when he lacked things to say, ask the easy questions.
"Hey, uhh... How are you?"

"Awful," says the... currently left eye of the man.

"Despicably terrible," his right eye agrees.

"Haunted by deadlines," his mouth mumbles along.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: August 27, 2014, 02:26:10 pm »

"I make stuff like this all the time. I'm worthy."

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: August 27, 2014, 03:25:12 pm »

"I make stuff like this all the time. I'm worthy."

"Very well!" the blacksmith says, kicking down a ladder and climbing down, then stepping aside. "You may climb on up! I'm sure you'll know what to do from there if you're worthy."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: August 27, 2014, 03:37:06 pm »

Climb on up! Trust in my madmanwoman instincts to know what to do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: August 28, 2014, 05:53:50 am »

"Ah, yes, sounds absolutely awful."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: August 28, 2014, 05:56:04 am »

"Ah, yes, sounds absolutely awful."

"I know, right?" his left eye concurs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: August 29, 2014, 03:34:41 pm »

In a darkened chamber underground...

Sigmund, armed with a deep conviction that he can, against all odds, get out of this nightmarish realm, utilizes his accessible knowledge to magically uplift himself.

[Sigmund's magic roll: 4+2]

And he ascends, see how he rises! Sigmund's rising from the earth! The pillar carries him upward, upward, ever upward, bringing him almost right next to the ceiling he so desperately wished to reach. He is quite close to freedom, of that there can be no doubt. All his multitudinous parts shall soon be free, unless the gods themselves decide to screw him over!

Which could totally happen, of course, and wouldn't even be particularly unlikely, if what Sigmund's experience tells of them is correct.

In the lair of many giant spiders...

Kevin, like so many poor, desperate fools before him, sees no particularly displeasing way this could possibly get any worse. So like any poor, desperate fool, he decides to pray to Velusius, god of death, magic, and other such amusing diversions that take one away from life and one's life away!

"Oh great Velusius, give me the strength to murder the fuck out of these spiders."

He gets the feeling that this was probably not enough groveling, because he can feel all of jack shit right now. Or maybe that's the spider venom. He does feel a little better, he thinks. Maybe some other god would be more inclined to help him?

Outside the Mystery Forge...

Niklas, goaded on by the blacksmith, moves up the stairs and gets on the boundary of the Mystery Forge - oddly, he can't see inside, despite there being plenty of light. It's like down there is only solid darkness of some nefarious kind.

Not that this worries someone as brave as Niklas, naturally. His madmanwoman instincts tell him that this can only end well, and so he climbs right in!

[Mystery rolls: ?, ?, ?]

Time passes, and Niklas comes out of the solid darkness, unknowing as ever. In his hands seems to be a metal helmet in the shape of a regular ham with no eyeholes, and a ham in the shape of the head of a rather fetching woman that looks a little familiar. As he climbs out, Niklas gazes at the other people present. The maid goes a little pale, while the blacksmith applauds.

"Wonderful work! Wonderful!" he says, in a manner that nearly makes Niklas' heart melt.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: August 29, 2014, 04:50:35 pm »

((Yes, yes YES!))

Final thing to do:

Move the stone above me upwards, until no thing is blocking its movement, then set it aside. After that, more pillar thing upwards to freedom!

((Yet another time that Kevin has been rejected by Velsius. Who knows, if the Artiste succeeds and becomes all powerful and godlike, he may even kill Velusius for us! Yeah, not likely, but, well, we can dream))
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 719