Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542710 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10095 on: August 29, 2014, 05:17:58 pm »

"Hmm. Well, that'll be for Lifeboy. May I go in again, smith?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10096 on: August 29, 2014, 05:19:25 pm »

"Hmm. Well, that'll be for Lifeboy. May I go in again, smith?"

The blacksmith smiles.

"Feel free."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10097 on: August 29, 2014, 05:22:40 pm »

Scramble back in there!

ignore his smiling ignore it
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10098 on: August 30, 2014, 05:13:05 am »

Pray more
"Oh great Pacitarius, grant me control over these spiders so that I may release them from their savage, spidericidal ways!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10099 on: August 30, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »

[Very, very sorry for the wait. College just started again, and the first week was busy.

Also, amusingly enough, seems that their precog wasn't that in-depth considering what she thinks Morton's current goal is. Go big, go home, etc.]

Morton rotated along the horizontal axis slightly at the comment by Susanne, nodding in respect as the focal point shifted to the two. "Yes, it is true good mage Susanne, good group Gub did inquire of us to go invite mages to join the soon-to-be-gem town of Mothdale. But I'm quite of the hope that it shall be a by product what I wish to truly accomplish."

"You see, good mage Susanne, I wish to inspire and encourage a peace between good group Gub and the old inhabitants of Mothdale, the poor inhabitants of the refugee camps. I want the refugees to not fear for their minds nor their lives if they live in Mothdale, nor do I wish them to harm good group Gub for he simply lacks perspective and knowledge. A peaceful accord can be struck to great benefit to both, for I've seen what good group Gub can do, and I believe that should such a accord be reached, Mothdale can flourish as a unique and peaceful place."

The desk explained, arms materializing out of his frame to gesture along with what he was saying: a waving gesture away from the group at the comment of the camp, two hands shaking together at the comment of the accord, so on and so forth. Morton idly wished he could perhaps shape the arms into other forms, as a sort of pictographic form of physical gestures, but moved on swiftly.

"Should this be accomplished, I don't doubt mages would flock to such a strange but peaceful place for their studies or to avoid worry. But this is contingent on the accord I'm afraid, and that requires an assurance from Gub and a presentation of the idea to the refugees. I would most certainly appreciate any means of assistance, and I'd be more than happy to hear of any possible ideas of how to address the dreadful situation; I'm aware that mine is unfortunately long term."

Put the -mancy in diplomacy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10100 on: September 03, 2014, 01:48:14 pm »

Outside Eckledun's Black Tower...

Scott, deciding that he has no interest in listening to this silly dog judging him, moves to phase into the building, going right through the door.

The thing that immediately happens, Scott notices, is that he finds himself in a rather dark place after a peculiar warble rings out. You try to move, but realize that you seem to be in some sort of capsule. One you don't seem to be able to phase into, exactly.

~Hello, Scott,~ a petite voice, perhaps that of a little girl, rings out in your hand. ~How are you feeling?~

So very close to the surface...

Sigmund, quite excited about freedom, in what is surely a natural reaction by someone trapped beneath it for what has felt like a very long time, succumbs to the intense urge to rush at the very last moment as the scent of freedom hits him!

[Sigmund's magic roll: 6]

He rips away the layer of stone right above him, blasting it every which way, then focuses on pushing himself out along with a stone pillar!

[Sigmund's magic roll: 6]

And so the pillar rises, pushing him up out of the earth, on a mighty tall pillar of assorted minerals dubbed 'stone' for the sake of convenience! The box is still sealed tightly, he still can't see anything or really open it in any reasonable way, and he's probably about thirty meters above ground, but those are all minor details in all likelihood.

On the precipice of the Mystery Forge...

Niklas, not ready to give up just yet, dives back into the Mystery Forge, seeking to build the helmet of his dreams!

[Mystery rolls: ?, ?]

He comes out once more, holding another chunk of metal shaped vaguely like a helmet. The rest of his items appear unchanged.

"Ah, you're getting closer, I see. Sad that you do not have the sample anymore, is it not?" the blacksmith notes.

"Erm, not to spoil the fun, but perhaps you should stop?" the maid asks. "The results seem... unpredictable."

In the clutches of a spider...

Kevin continues down the list of potentially helpful deities, though perhaps his means of appeal could use work.

"Oh great Pacitarius, grant me control over these spiders so that I may release them from their savage, spidericidal ways!"

The air becomes thicker for a moment, and Kevin becomes aware of a presence here. A divine presence. The spider seems to feel it as well. And then it begins to say something to him. The voice sounds immature physically, yet manlike in its words.

~Just dropped in to say, crappiest pitch I've heard all month. Congratulations on being this month's winner. Don't ask again, m'kay?~

The presence promptly disappears, and the spider soon begins moving out once more, depositing Kevin in what feels like a larger room of some kind. The spider retreats immediately, though another one seems to be arriving from a slight distance, if what Kevin is hearing is correct.

In a waiting room in Eckledun...

Morton continues his diplomacy unabated, words pouring from his obvious lack of a mouth while the others nod knowingly.

"Yes, it is true, good mage Susanne, good group Gub did inquire of us to go invite mages to join the soon-to-be-gem town of Mothdale. But I'm quite of the hope that it shall be a by product what I wish to truly accomplish."

"You see, good mage Susanne, I wish to inspire and encourage a peace between good group Gub and the old inhabitants of Mothdale, the poor inhabitants of the refugee camps. I want the refugees to not fear for their minds nor their lives if they live in Mothdale, nor do I wish them to harm good group Gub for he simply lacks perspective and knowledge. A peaceful accord can be struck to great benefit to both, for I've seen what good group Gub can do, and I believe that should such a accord be reached, Mothdale can flourish as a unique and peaceful place."

The whip man strokes his chin at this, eying Morton as peculiarly as ever.

"Should this be accomplished, I don't doubt mages would flock to such a strange but peaceful place for their studies or to avoid worry. But this is contingent on the accord I'm afraid, and that requires an assurance from Gub and a presentation of the idea to the refugees. I would most certainly appreciate any means of assistance, and I'd be more than happy to hear of any possible ideas of how to address the dreadful situation; I'm aware that mine is unfortunately long term."

Susanne looks rather intrigued.

"Oh, I see! I thought you'd try to enact the instructions given to the letter, myself. This is a little problematic, because we already have rather well-established plans on how to relocate all of these refugees - I had Woody write up the entire shipping manifesto not three days ago, in fact. Didn't think you'd come along and propose something like this, certainly."

She begins tapping her fingers against her cheek as she thinks.

"Hm, no, I don't think we can relocate the refugees, sadly. Plans are in motion, you see, ones we can't readily change at the moment. On the other hand, I can point you to a few villages where you can potentially find agreeable mages, if that's okay with you."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10101 on: September 03, 2014, 02:06:28 pm »

((I wonder if there's a rune of zot in here))
Try to mimic spider noises to make peace with the spiders.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:12:47 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10102 on: September 03, 2014, 02:07:58 pm »

Well...crap.
"Claustrophobic, and terrified that my friend is suffering perverse advances by one of your other invitees?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10103 on: September 03, 2014, 02:09:30 pm »

"Unpredictable is my middle name!"

Good thing she doesn't know I don't have a middle name.

One more time! See if focusing on a certain thing during the process gives different results. To try this out properly, focus on the image of a bearsharksquid while I'm working.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10104 on: September 03, 2014, 02:13:39 pm »

Well...crap.
"Claustrophobic, and terrified that my friend is suffering perverse advances by one of your other invitees?"

~How terrible that must feel. It is also quite unfortunate that you think so little of our guests. What would you qualify as a perverse advance, if I may ask?~

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10105 on: September 03, 2014, 02:26:01 pm »

Make a hole in the upper part of the box (via magic, of course). See if I can poke my head out of it to see around.

((Also, I counted the times I made a tunnel over myself, but I don't know if all of them count towards Tedium mastery. I bet that they don't, but if they do, I would like to use TM. I will die from falling while trying o move my odd self anyway.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10106 on: September 03, 2014, 03:28:28 pm »

Well...crap.

~How terrible that must feel. It is also quite unfortunate that you think so little of our guests. What would you qualify as a perverse advance, if I may ask?~
"It's just a suspicion that I have based on this one persons assumed proclivities...though I think he would be a little unnerved if you started stroking and polishing him.
Can...Can you let me out now? I did knock and I have been here before."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10107 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »

"It's just a suspicion that I have based on this one persons assumed proclivities...though I think he would be a little unnerved if you started stroking and polishing him.
Can...Can you let me out now? I did knock and I have been here before."

~I'd rather not. For one, you're fun to talk to. Two, you sound like you're about to cause trouble as usual. So let us relax. Reflect on our lives. Think about what we've done.~

((Also, I counted the times I made a tunnel over myself, but I don't know if all of them count towards Tedium mastery. I bet that they don't, but if they do, I would like to use TM. I will die from falling while trying o move my odd self anyway.))

I will count the multitasking toward Tedium Mastery, though there is a certain difference between what you're doing right now and making a tunnel, strictly speaking, namely that you're using your own bit of presence to make an impact in your own bit of presence.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10108 on: September 03, 2014, 04:33:30 pm »

((Oh, I thought that the upper part of the box was a different part than the lower half. Well, nevermind the Tedium mastery thing, but have Sigmund try do it anyway))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10109 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:19 pm »

[Looking like Justine was right on the money. Chances are the mages are outliers, those not in the circle. I'm... Also not sure what to think of the whipman's attention. I assume bad.]

Morton rotated in an understanding nod as he listened to Susanne, although he recalled what Justine had said earlier. Hmm. "It was too much of me to expect the refugees weren't already squared away. If I may ask, good mage Susanne, could I inquire as to where the refugees are going, and if there will be a potential peace between good group Gub and those around Mothdale? It would sadden me if he were driven out or harmed simply because he lacks understanding and perspective of others. I just fear that those I may bring to help aid Mothdale might be for naught."

The desk rotated to the left and right slightly in an attempt at a solemn head shaking motion. "I'm afraid many were hurt during Mothdale's unfortunate destruction by whoever did such a thing, you can feel it just by being there and seeing the destruction, seeing what was. Until the destruction is repaired, I don't believe the wound will heal. One cannot heal a burn without the proper treatment."

"I would welcome any assistance in helping the situation and my task that you may offer. But I'm afraid I must also request another question: what happened in Mothdale? I've seen holes bored into walls, buildings licked by flames, and destroyed structures, and now the city controlled by good group Gub. I admit to knowing little to go upon except that it was a group of some sort."

Ask questions, be the token bleeding heart and (metaphorically) try to tug those heartstrings, accept assistance they're willing to give, ask about what happened.
Pages: 1 ... 672 673 [674] 675 676 ... 719