Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540916 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10320 on: February 04, 2015, 05:48:54 pm »

Dig towards my pile of flesh! Do not die!

If successful (as in, I do not die, and there are no more risks of death):

Find a peeble and do to it the same thing to make that into a focus that I made to the rock chest. Try to remember how I did do that first, so that I dobn't end up with another sentient thing

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10321 on: February 04, 2015, 06:24:36 pm »

THIS.HAS.TO.BE.AN.ILLUSION! MY 'BODY' IS A TEMPLE THAT NO MIND CAN DEFILE!

I must still be in that room.

REPULSE THIS BLACKGUARD WHO DARES TO CORRODE HIS WILL! HE WILL SEARCH HIS MIND FOR PARASITES AND PUPPET STRINGS AND BURN THEM ALL!

''GO DASH YOUR FACE INTO THE NIGHT-SOIL IF YOU THINK THIS FARCE WILL IMPROVE MY TEMPERAMENT!
Show me some consideration and courtesy, god's thrice damn you!''

[[I have so many scenarios on what could be happening to Scott that I am at a loss on how to react beyond increasing trial and error.]]
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:30:12 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10322 on: February 05, 2015, 01:48:11 am »

"So I mean, doesn't that seem like sort of a bad thing? Roaming the planet without a purpose just because you want to 1-up a god?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10323 on: February 05, 2015, 03:38:03 am »

THIS.HAS.TO.BE.AN.ILLUSION! MY 'BODY' IS A TEMPLE THAT NO MIND CAN DEFILE!

I must still be in that room.

REPULSE THIS BLACKGUARD WHO DARES TO CORRODE HIS WILL! HE WILL SEARCH HIS MIND FOR PARASITES AND PUPPET STRINGS AND BURN THEM ALL!

''GO DASH YOUR FACE INTO THE NIGHT-SOIL IF YOU THINK THIS FARCE WILL IMPROVE MY TEMPERAMENT!
Show me some consideration and courtesy, god's thrice damn you!''

[[I have so many scenarios on what could be happening to Scott that I am at a loss on how to react beyond increasing trial and error.]]
so you have lost all meta power?

Quick Harry strike while he is weak.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10324 on: February 05, 2015, 11:13:07 am »

[*Blinks*
I had metapower? ]
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10325 on: February 05, 2015, 05:02:32 pm »

Seeing his companion well suited to the task of diplomatic relations, Morton knew when to simply stand aside and give what aid he could instead of take center stage. To be honest, he's rather thankful. Being the leader of a group isn't really the typical style for a semi-professional butler.

Morton backs up good surgeon Mark in his communications, letting the silent once-skeleton-now-woman take the lead and simply aiding where he could that wouldn't interfere.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:04:32 pm by Xanmyral »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10326 on: February 06, 2015, 10:53:49 am »

Look for the largest most town-hall looking building in the town, even if it's the inn. Enter.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10327 on: February 06, 2015, 11:43:09 pm »

[*Blinks*
I had metapower? ]
the power of knowing what could happen next through studying of wording and experience from other games
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10328 on: February 07, 2015, 03:23:17 am »

In the halls of Castle Fenton...

Niklas wastes no time and tries on the chef outfit, assuming he should probably fit it reasonably well, considering the dimensions of the average chef. He discovers that, while the chef appears to have been wide enough for his purposes, he also seems to have been considerably taller. The resulting ensemble of clothing thus looks even more like a dress than it usually would.

On the other hand, now he has knives and forks. And a spoon! After discovering he seems to have no pockets, Niklas sticks them all in his oversized pants, inhaling to tighten the waist area and prevent any kitchenware from coming loose. Having thus achieved a maximally cheflike form, Niklas goes forth to find his kind clothing donor in the kitchen.

Arriving there, his first deduction is that the chef appears to be dead. And also inflated. Little stalks ending in soft, fluffy bulbs appear to be rising from his body. His skin is covered in dark veins that seem to be branching actively even as Niklas examines them.

~WELL! THAT SURE IS AN INTERESTING SIDE EFFECT. SUDDEN INEXPLICABLE DEATH FOLLOWED BY INTENSE FUNGAL BLOOM. GUESS NOT EVERYONE HAS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM TO KEEP THIS STUFF IN CHECK.~

With a feeling that reminds him of a mental ping, Niklas feels the presence of another person being added to his collective. The maid appears to have found one of her colleagues, and she seems to have responded in a much more positive fashion than the cook.

~ANYWAY, PROBABLY NO POINT IN PUTTING YOU ON INFESTING DUTY. COME OVER TO THE STUDY, MAYBE? IT'S A LITTLE INCONVENIENT YELLING AT YOU THROUGH THE MENTAL LINK ALL THE TIME, AND WE HAVE THINGS TO DISCUSS.~

In the increasingly dangerous town of Eckledun...

Mark continues his attempts at communication now that both sides are sufficiently relaxed and unlikely to explode. He then discovers that the best he can effectively convey through dance seems to be a general state of unknowing and inquiry.

Mr. T, seemingly getting the message, responds by opening his mouth and letting noise pour out.

"<#!!$@&%!!> <#;!!;;*!!>!" he seems to say, intensifying the vibration of his body once more.

Morton, relieved that he is absolved of the responsibility to deal with someone like this, mentally breathes a sigh of relief. Mr. T, seemingly sensing this, suddenly blinks out of existence, reappearing right above the desk. Morton tries to move out of the good fellow's way, half out of reflex, half out of a healthy respect for his personal space, but Mr. T seems intent on staying above him for some reason.

"What a strange man," Wilma says, approaching a little closer to the floating figure.

In the wilds outside Eckledun...

Sigmund starts to dig as quickly as his badger claws will allow, that is to say very quickly indeed. He didn't think this specialization would come in handy so soon. In no time at all, he seems to have reached his buried flesh.

However, just like in the case of a lone badger ambushing a moose, a pervasive sense of "what now?" strikes him as he realizes he doesn't seem to be feeling any better.

[Will roll: 6-1]

Fortunately, that seems to correct itself shortly enough. Not questioning magic out of turn, he thinks nothing of it and continues on his quest for more magic. Locating a handy pebble with his advanced badger senses, Sigmund tries to make it into a focus to substitute the loss of his stone chest. Simply tuning it to project its presence according to his instructions when he realizes that he doesn't exactly remember what he did to make it work in the first place, Sigmund turns the pebble into a workable focus in no time at all. He's getting better at this, he thinks for a moment before realizing that he's probably jinxed it now.

Deep down under Eckledun...

Scott, desperate and helpless, finally crosses the disillusionment event horizon, the point where everything just seems like some sort of cruel illusion created specifically to annoy him. It's not a dramatic threshold to cross, so Scott elects to pick up the slack with some well-placed shouting.

"GO DASH YOUR FACE INTO THE NIGHT-SOIL IF YOU THINK THIS FARCE WILL IMPROVE MY TEMPERAMENT! Show me some consideration and courtesy, god's thrice damn you!" he yells, his ethereal voice muffled by miles upon miles of minerals as he descends deeper and deeper.

Focusing on the plainly apparent lack of realism in this situation, Scott then attempts to convince himself that all this surely cannot be an actual thing that is happening. He is marginally successful, he thinks. He sure feels pretty detached from the facts, anyway. That might be the best he's likely to get, he thinks before something interrupts his thoughts.

[Scott's endurance roll: 1]

That something feels a lot like a magical flat plane of something entirely ineffable, despite such a thing being about twenty miles underground feeling utterly out of place. It feels rather real, Scott observes as his ectoplasmic blob form splatters against it, his ghostly form scattering evenly across the strange subterranean artifact.

[Scott's will roll: 4]

Very real indeed, Scott continues to think in the next few minutes, now a much flatter, thinner and sheetlike ghost than ever before.

In the chamber of the Crown of Flowers...

Darren is at a loss for physically viable resolutions for this encounter, and so tries to pull the standard undesirable immortality card. Who knows, it might even work.

"So I mean, doesn't that seem like sort of a bad thing? Roaming the planet without a purpose just because you want to 1-up a god?" he asks.

"Everybody roams the planet without a purpose. Don't see why I or any of my people should be any different. And one-upping a god is a purpose of its own, so that's a bit of a logical contradiction," the ghostly keeper of the Crown tells him. "Besides, the alternative to that is dying, which is in a whole different league of worse, as I'm sure you must understand."

The ghost pauses for a moment.

"Wait, you probably don't really know what happens when you die, do you? You've died once, obviously, but you probably haven't retained much of your post mortem, pre-revival experience, right?"

In a village out in the sticks...

Kevin, robbed of a quick exit, tries to find authority of some kind, even if is of the booze-dispensing kind, and goes right into the inn, which seems like the most important building in town.

Inside he finds people - lots of people. Seems like almost the whole village has gathered in here, about a hundred men and women in a space that might be a little small for this sort of gathering. About two thirds of them are standing up due to a lack of seating, and the inside of the place is hot and lacking in oxygen from the sheer volume of bodies it is hosting.

They all appear to be looking at the bar, where a man is pacing steadily back and forth on the counter, ranting at the people in the room about something. It seems to be about the dismal state of the bridge leading out of town.

"-and I am telling you, good people of Rugish, fixing the bridge is a secondary concern - the important task is to find out who broke it in the first place!"

"Must have been the witch on the hill!" goes a voice from the crowd, prompting immediate agreement from much of the room.

"Or vicious termites! Perhaps beavers!" another, slightly more inebriated voice says.

"They must have been acting under the witch's orders!" the first voice collaborates, prompting even more agreement.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10329 on: February 07, 2015, 03:52:24 am »

I'll be there in but a minute.

This bodes for opportunity! Using the chef's body and some other ingredients in the kitchen, transform the former chef into a humanfungus and liver replica potato, complete with edible potato organs inside. In fact, go the extra mile and assemble a potato brain out of cabbage, liverwurst, granite, some fabric and a pumpkin. Make sure to wire it all up to the rest of the body properly.
If there aren't the specific ingredients there, just make do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10330 on: February 07, 2015, 05:37:09 am »

I'll be there in but a minute.

This bodes for opportunity! Using the chef's body and some other ingredients in the kitchen, transform the former chef into a humanfungus and liver replica potato, complete with edible potato organs inside. In fact, go the extra mile and assemble a potato brain out of cabbage, liverwurst, granite, some fabric and a pumpkin. Make sure to wire it all up to the rest of the body properly.
If there aren't the specific ingredients there, just make do.

I love Nikla's antics

Mark motions to her ears and shakes her head to show her lack of understanding then having a brainwave motions writing to the others to ask for writing implements
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 05:39:55 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10331 on: February 07, 2015, 08:40:03 am »

Wait and see where this discussion is going.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10332 on: February 07, 2015, 10:18:02 am »

A new Character Has Appeared!

Name: Ronald Bones
Archetype: Skeleton
Biography: A small upstart of a pirate, he was the dread of the local port-towns, but nothing special out in the grand scheme of things. Unfortunately, he couldn't swim. At his best, he could dog paddle, so he definitely couldn't swim with a huge splinter skewering him due to a cannonball going through the deck before knocking him off the ship. When he was alive, he was a big talker and drinker, so he's understandably angry due to being unable to partake in these activities anymore.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10333 on: February 07, 2015, 12:01:48 pm »

((So, have I stabilized? Or do I have to keep making will rolls to keep my badger body? Or do I have not enough knowledge of this?))

Check the knots of the peeble to determine whether I did a good job or not. If it is ok, shape a thick but hollow stone sphere, enough to contain the pile of flesh, then practice levitating it around and moving it. ((Portable phylactery! hehehe))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10334 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55:14 pm »

[Well, with enough attempts you'll get good at it eventually. If you lose the badger body though, worst that happens is that you're back to square one as a lump of flesh again.

Also, if there is a way to at all even attempt to communicate with Mr T, by jove there will be diplomacy!]

Perhaps he doesn't quite have it handled, the desk thinks, watching T-Man shake it up and inexplicably appear above him. However, why he did it was peculiar. Hm. The strange man responds to vibrations, but also whatever the desk just did. What did he do though? Feel relief at a momentarily-lifted burden?

Perhaps Mr. T responds or perhaps senses emotion? The desk considered this, before trying a few methods of communication. His first was an attempt to communicate telepathically, as he's done with the ship and Gub, but he's not entirely expectant of such to succeed. ~Salutations, good sir! Can you hear me?~ Should that expectantly fail, the tea apostle will try a different approach. Taking a mental deep breath, he slowly let it go practiced the old butler technique/ritual of centering one's self.

Attempt mental communication, failing that, attempt to feel a deep calm and collected comfort in an effort to calm the strange being who may or may not sense emotion.
Pages: 1 ... 687 688 [689] 690 691 ... 719