Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542730 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10350 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:43 pm »

"Oh dear. Hmm. I believe I need some assistance." Morton said, but despite his words he seemed quite calm. Truly, ancient techniques of emotional manipulation is a must for one to properly butler their way through life, to stoically deal with all of the oddities their employers seem so fond to throw at them.

Morton kept his cool and watched his body closely, thinking. His body still moves to his accord, albeit not as he originally thought. But his arms, they extend and retreat into his body, no? So surely he has the ability to do this, that isn't in question.

Thinking on how he draws his arms inside of himself when no longer wishing them present, the tea apostle tries to apply this technique to his wayward body.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: February 13, 2015, 08:24:33 am »

In the wilderness outside Eckledun...

Sigmund's levitational technique needs work, he decides. Work he shall both assign and perform preemptively, so as to not be caught with his pants down again. He grabs his focus in little badger claws, and attempts to direct his jar to move according to his dictates.

[Magic roll: 3]

It stirs a little as Sigmund pushes on it from beneath. Good start! Needs more power, though, and slightly more distributed application.

[Magic roll: 5]

With a mentally directed push, it lifts off from the ground and floats up to his badgery countenance, as if awaiting appraisal. Sigmund approves.

[Magic roll: 5]

He lets it slowly rise up to the treetops, then letting it move down on an impromptu slide of presence, approaching him rapidly. His mind is afire with the power of magic, the stone is guided by an aura of deceptive presence.

[Magic roll: 3]

He slows the jar's descent as it comes closer, preventing even the slightest bit of harm from coming to it as it hits the ground. The presence is softer, less directed now, and it takes him some effort to keep it from just hurtling down.

[Magic roll: 6]

Faintly pleased with his work, Sigmund flicks the jar up in the air, letting it fly up until reaching the zenith, where it looks like but a black dot. It begins to fall back down.

[Tedium Mastery: 4]

The manipulation of presence is growing familiar to his mind, and it takes almost no thought for him to slow the jar to a reasonable speed through friction alone. The jar's weight, shape and points of effective manipulation are now simple to predict with a degree of accuracy. His phylactery, such as it is, may be ready for habitation. If he can squeeze his entrails in there, of course.

Deep in the bowels of Eckledun...

Scott tries to move up, and wouldn't you know it, it seems to be working!

Fortuitous indeed, as it seems like the undulating subterranean artifact is now emitting a high-pitched hum. It feels very hot all around Scott suddenly.

In the presence of Mr. T...

Mark, getting a little desperate for assistance, decides to get Mr. T's input on this grim situation. He dances, he cavorts, he gesticulates at the man, then points at Morton. Mr. T, for his part, is unmoved. However, Morton begins to stir and vibrate, as if some energy had just been suddenly transferred to him. It feels oddly cold, yet supernaturally energizing. Morton starts to glow a bit more brightly.

[Morton's contortion roll: 5]

And with a single powerful drag of his form, Morton coalesces into a small, luminous blob of roiling demon matter, stable for but a second before his form reasserts itself, the desk shape getting recreated, no missing edges or wandering parts included! A spot of luck, one would think. Mr. T vibrates with what the others perceive to be approval.

In the kitchen of Castle Fenton...

Niklas, feeling responsibility for his dolled-up corpse, calls up his superior.

~Say king guy, are you physically strong? I have a potato thing I need to lift so I can come over to you but this body's too scrawny. Hmm. Maybe I can change that, now that I think about it...~

His mind starts to wander in the direction of self-improvement. There's probably no limit on that, is there? Especially given what he's already done with Påt.

~I'M NOT COMING OVER TO HAUL YOUR STUPID CORPSE, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE ASKING,~ the voice of the king replies after a moment.

[Niklas' fungal mastery roll: 6]

This rebuke spurs Niklas on, and with a single thought makes his body bloom rapidly, arms growing denser, torso becoming broader, knees reinforcing themselves, matter getting reallocated all around his form. He feels rather mighty, if he may say so himself. Grabbing Påt, he feels like he can lift it easily, although he finds it a little odd how his hands seem to be sinking into his creation's body.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10352 on: February 13, 2015, 08:28:23 am »

~He isn't a corpse anymore, he's a golem potato. Be polite.~

Head over with Påt to the king guy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: February 13, 2015, 09:08:47 am »

((So many turns spent in this, I can finally do this!))

Lower the jar and put my pile of flesh in it. If I find it difficult, dig a hole and put the jar with the opening facing upwards, then roll the flesh inside of it.

If successful:

Climb a tree again, and TM the jar to follow me. Look for a city in the distance.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: February 13, 2015, 09:24:59 am »

How about we quicken the pace a bit, yes? !!ZOOM!!

-I wonder if this will have unforseen cosequences upon the surface...and if I was the only one caught by this 'ghost trap'?-
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: February 13, 2015, 06:26:21 pm »

Mark Celerbrates his friends escape from being ripped apart and suggests that we all move away from what ever is messing with reality
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: February 14, 2015, 06:02:59 am »

DON'T PANIC.
Walk along the river, look for any place where it looks like I could cross it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: February 14, 2015, 11:26:50 am »

[Hmm... Wonder if I can do that normally now? Something to test later.]

Morton couldn't help but feel quite pleased about his change in predicament, if also curious. But fight or flight tends to be a bigger motivator than curiosity. Looking at Mr. T and thanking him via emotions (or at least he tried, thinking of all the things that makes him happy in order to convey the feeling).

With that done, the desk turned to his allies. "I do believe we should depart." He can't help but quite agree with good surgeon Mark.

And with that, the desk moved with the others away from the crazy anomalies.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: February 14, 2015, 02:12:59 pm »

In the halls of Castle Fenton...

Niklas, holding up his creation for all to see, walks to the king's chambers, noticing that Påt appears to be getting suspiciously lighter as he moves along. Eventually he gets there - a sort of living room awaits him, where the king himself appears to be sitting all alone in a massive armchair, smoking a sizable pipe ponderously. His eyes look oddly hollow in the dim light of the room.

"You're here. At last," the king says, standing up from his seat. "For future reference, when I call you up, you come immediately. Otherwise we may have some problems. Speaking of, do you have any kind of questions before we begin? Better to clear up any confusion now," he gestures with his pipe.

In the wilderness outside Eckledun...

Sigmund, as the final step of his plan, slowly brings the stone jar down to the depths of the pit, then scoops his bloody remains into it. Turning the jar to face upward to prevent spillage (at least until his bloody entrails decide to coagulate and dry out, at which point that presumably won't be an issue), he then decides to climb a tree while levitating the jar up to a certain point.

[Climbing roll: 1]

Levitating the jar upward to the treetop, Sigmund tries to be as delicate as possible, all the while following it with his own body. He gets almost to the very top, stabilizing the jar up high, when suddenly he loses his grip! Damnable slippery branches!

[Recovery roll: 1]

Hitting a branch, then another, then about ten more, Sigmund's badger form plummets to the ground, planting itself headfirst into soil.

[Endurance roll: 5]

Nothing breaks, fortunately enough - in fact, he is almost stupendously unharmed. A spot of luck just at the right time, it seems!

[Will roll: 5]

In fact, he feels so perfectly alright, it's almost hard to believe he's fallen fifteen meters just now. Of course, his fall was broken by a bunch of branches, so there's that.

Deep in the earth...

Scott makes good on his escape, unwilling to find out what exactly an exploding magical artifact could do to him. He flaps, he ascends, he zooms!

He fails to get anywhere of significance. Maybe his regular mode of locomotion is a tad too slow for dramatic escapes. Not that this will dissuade him from trying, obviously.

On another note, the earth around him starts to taste a little pinkish. This is slightly odd, because Scott doesn't recall having anything to taste stuff with. Also, he feels like he might have left something behind, a certain two-dimensional vector of his body that feels conspicuously missing. Once again, not quite sure how he's sensing this. Probably foul sorcery.

In the backstreets of Eckledun...

Mark and Morton both appear to have a similar idea now - get the hell out of this terrible place. Wilma is all too willing to follow, and so, it seems, is Mr. T - though perhaps he's just following by default. They get out into the street, where a whole bunch of anomalies appear to be present - this is probably not quite good. So they continue moving at a brisk pace, suspecting strongly that this entire town may not be quite as safe as previously suspected.

Some distance down the street, however, they suddenly find themselves... nowhere. Looking ahead and to the sides, the party sees nothing - looking behind them, they see the path leading back deeper into town. And that, it seems, is all they can see. They hesitate to look under themselves for fear of sudden gravitational attack.

In the village of Rugish...

Kevin, witch-blessed and conspicuous, vacates the immediate neighborhood of the inn and goes to investigate the river, as it seems that his plans of leaving are probably much more urgent than he may have suspected.

And as luck would have it, about a mile outside of the village proper he does find what seems to be a shallower, narrower part of the river - though he'll likely need to wade in neck deep or slightly deeper, it should presumably be traversable. It seems to be a specifically constructed crossing - although in poor repair, hence the depth, it may in fact do for his needs for the moment.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: February 14, 2015, 02:26:38 pm »

Okay, different tree, do the same! Also, get my phylactery with soon, so that I don't risk losing the badger body again.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: February 14, 2015, 02:34:51 pm »

Scout for a nearby piece of wood to help. Kevin doesn't feel like almost drowning AGAIN.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: February 14, 2015, 03:45:23 pm »

Niklas mentally ahems.

"Begin what? What exactly happened to you when I did that extendy thing? How come you were so disgustingly powerful in the first place? What's with your eyes? Do you have anyplace I could plant Påt? Do you know where Lifeboy is? What problems might we have if I insist on having free will? Are you threatening me with that? Why did you even need a Black Circle representative if you have superpowers and that Mystery Forge? How'd you get that, by the way? Where is your country geographically on the world? How big is it? Do you have a powerful military? How did you get so overpowered in the first place? What is the fungus stuff you keep mentioning? Do I have any measure of control over it?"

Ask Helsvar, Torvig (I think that's his name anyway, it's been a while), Plant Guy and any other mental occupants/psychoses of mine if they have any questions for the king and repeat those back to him as well.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: February 14, 2015, 04:05:17 pm »

Niklas mentally ahems.

"Begin what? What exactly happened to you when I did that extendy thing? How come you were so disgustingly powerful in the first place? What's with your eyes? Do you have anyplace I could plant Påt? Do you know where Lifeboy is? What problems might we have if I insist on having free will? Are you threatening me with that? Why did you even need a Black Circle representative if you have superpowers and that Mystery Forge? How'd you get that, by the way? Where is your country geographically on the world? How big is it? Do you have a powerful military? How did you get so overpowered in the first place? What is the fungus stuff you keep mentioning? Do I have any measure of control over it?"

Ask Helsvar, Torvig (I think that's his name anyway, it's been a while), Plant Guy and any other mental occupants/psychoses of mine if they have any questions for the king and repeat those back to him as well.

"Inquisitive. I like that in a minion," the king nods and clears his throat.

"Begin the next stage of planning. I took that divine fungus you had in you and took control of it with disgusting ease. I am the king, and thus should and do command a whole lot of powers that I tend not to inform others of. My eyes are perfectly all right. Just about anywhere outside. No. I will kill you with the utmost efficiency if I happen to be in an unforgiving mood. In a manner of speaking. Because the Black Circle is a link to the wider world, though now ultimately unnecessary. I built it with my superpowers. North of the Sea of Death. It stretches about a hundred miles in every direction from here. I do not, though that's a moot point. I got my godlike powers through the use of a powerful artifact - an amulet, to be precise. The fungus is that black stuff you were made of when you stepped out of the Mystery Forge - you had it on you beforehand, which I assume was through divine intervention. Yes, but not quite like I do. Any other questions?"

You question Helsvar and Torvig, and also Plant Guy, but they don't reply or make their presence known.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: February 14, 2015, 04:14:47 pm »

"What is/was this amulet, where did you get it, how did you obtain it, and what powers did it grant you? The fungus was divine, you say? Which divinity? Are you immortal? What do you plan to do?
Think that's all."
Sig! Onol

Nunzillor

« Reply #10364 on: February 14, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »

((This may be the demon-king created by an earlier player.))
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 719