Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542774 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10680 on: July 28, 2015, 02:53:52 pm »

keep running

((i'm too scared to will things to die ;-;))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:01:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10681 on: July 28, 2015, 02:55:37 pm »

WILL ALL DOLPHINS I SEE TO DIE. (but keep running ;-;)

I can't see any way this could possibly go wrong.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10682 on: July 28, 2015, 02:58:52 pm »

nope.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10684 on: July 28, 2015, 04:58:52 pm »

Bother after bother, truly. Even after the tea apostle rescues good mage Wilma, he must still rescue good surgeon Mark and then try to escape this demonic realm. Afterwards, try to find good sir Scott and good mage Justine (can't forget good tailor Craig!) and escape the pink-infested city. Then find mages for good group Gub to have master Artist freed. The desk hmms as his checklist of tasks seems to ever grow.

Ah, the work of a good butler never ends as they say. It keeps him from being bored, none the less.

The demonic desk examined the door for any sort of easy open, latch, lock, wheel, anything that looked like an opening mechanism. If he fails to find anything, Morton will brace himself as best he can and try to lift the door.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10685 on: July 28, 2015, 05:49:02 pm »

(Well fuck looks like I found the self destruct)
Mark unstraps himself and leaps to the red light trying to get out of the disintergrating sections making a mental note that if anyone asks he ment to do that.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10686 on: July 29, 2015, 12:45:16 am »

Ms Francine? do you have any power to shift the remainder of the rubble, I may have to resort to pyromancy again to keep this pink malady at bay. I think it alters the the effects of magic abilities...or the nature of anything it fancies.

Burn the infection.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10687 on: July 30, 2015, 03:56:07 pm »

"Well. Maybe I'll become some sort of folk tale. That'll make up for the eternal solitude."
Go into the woods and explore. Spook people, but acoid killing them.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10688 on: August 08, 2015, 09:33:10 am »

In a dolphin-infested village...

Kevin, after briefly considering suicide as an alternative, starts to run for his life once again. The dolphin starts to follow, making hideous dolphin noises for intimidation purposes. This makes Kevin run a bit faster - fast enough, in fact, that he manages to run clear of the village in about a minute, vaulting over a farmhouse fence, turning a corner and then bolting straight into a nearby grove of trees, disappearing from sight entirely.

After about three more solid minutes of running, Kevin is pleased to note that he doesn't appear to have any notable pursuers on his tail. The dolphin noises ceased a while ago, and now there's only the sound of crickets and miscellaneous wildlife in the thick, brambly undergrowth to keep him company as well as the occasional snapping twig and the solemn whispering of a pink cabbage nestled in one particular tree hollow.

~nicely run!~ the voice of the gub rings out once again. ~your survival is continually interesting in its mounting unlikelihood!~

In a dark vertical shaft...

Sigmund prepares himself for the worst as he tries to jump off his phylactery back into the large chamber.

[Agility roll: 6+1]

Concentrating on the task at hand with all his might, he flawlessly times a leap back into the chamber, landing about as perfectly as a badger ever has - definitely a 9 out of 10 at the very least. Maybe even more if he could remember the proper step one's supposed to do to demonstrate their poise and... wait, he might be forgetting something.

[Will roll: 5]

Oh dear. Phylactery's falling. Better catch it.

[Magic roll: 2]

Looking down, Sigmund sends a scoop of presence sweeping upward, hoping to seize the phylactery before it falls even further - unfortunately, he misjudges the distance a little, and narrowly misses it by sweeping the scoop too close. That's... not good at all. Fortunately, though, it looks like a very long way down, so he'll have at least another chance by his on-the-cuff calculations!

In a spinning corridor...

Now appropriately stabilized, Morton examines the door to good mage Wilma's accommodations, which appears to be very similar to his own. There is no visible latch or any other opening mechanism, so Morton supposes the brute force method will have to do.

[Strength roll: 4]

Perhaps motivated by the direness of the situation, Morton raises the door quite handily, revealing a room that is, for all intents and purposes, completely identical to his own. Within he observes none other than good mage Wilma, who appears to have made an effort to grab onto the hatch handle, only to be met with the hatch coming off similarly to how it did for Morton. Right now she appears to be curled up and trying to minimize trauma from banging against the wall, the back of her head solidly covered with her hands. One could presumably forgive her for not noticing Morton in the doorframe, preoccupied with being tossed around as she is.

In a disintegrating bit of void eel...

Mark takes a moment to unstrap himself and take a dive out of the destroyed control room, shoving aside weightless debris as he shoots toward the red light, getting clear of the crap in his way without much issue. The red light, unfortunately for him, appears as distant as ever, and doesn't appear to be getting appreciably closer. Must be very far away, truly.

Much, much closer, however, and slowly approaching at that there is something else - it resembles a humanoid salamander seemingly carved of living luminescent ivory winding its way through the void, its head an odd mixture of man and amphibian, its two arms longer than the rest of its body, the fingers webbed and with what look like blunt, very fancifully curved hooks at their ends, the legs looking stunted and much more animal-like in comparison. From the way it moves, Mark can't help but think it's probably much further away than it first appears. At the moment it seems to be scanning the wreckage Mark seems to have left behind.

Atop the mysterious ruins of Eckledun's Black Tower...

Scott's plan of alternating between the two methods of burnination and telekinesis seem to have worked well thus far, so why fix what isn't broken?

~Ms. Francine? do you have any power to shift the remainder of the rubble, I may have to resort to pyromancy again to keep this pink malady at bay. I think it alters the effects of magic abilities... or the nature of anything it fancies,~
he warns Francine beforehand, knowing full well the risks of burninating that which is touched by pink.

~I don't, sadly - not a mage-hand, you see. I am starting to see an appeal in controlling motion, though. Should I survive I will definitely look into it post-haste. And yes, the pink does whatever it wants, hence its undesirability in most affairs. In any case, my current tomb ought to protect me at least a bit.~

[Firestarting roll: 4]

With this reassurance Scott sets fire to the layer of rocks atop Francine's place of burial, and sees them immediately catch on fire like so much dry hay, which seems like an oddly non-explosive result, occasional popping pebble notwithstanding. The large piece of rubble he couldn't move certainly burns rather well, cracking into smaller components as the flames cover it all over. Not bad at all!

In climes most far...

Darren takes a moment to ponder whether inserting himself into local folklore is a good idea as he heads toward the distant woods, watching the grass slowly transition into trees and shrubs as the hour passes, until at last he finds himself faced with the slightly overgrown majesty of the woods.

"Well. Maybe I'll become some sort of folk tale. That'll make up for the eternal solitude," he says, the image of the ghosts in the City of the Dead, twisted in mind and shape from an interminable existence without any sort of purpose perhaps not as fresh upon his mind as one might hope. He moves to explore, but is suddenly distracted by a sound. A tree falling somewhere behind him.

Turning around, he notices a very peculiar thing - the path he took to get here stretches out behind him, a black and empty trail of mud. The trees and shrubs have bent over it, their leaves having fallen off and their limbs twisted oddly and covered in tumors, and one appears to have snapped in half. A bird's nest has fallen out of another, revealing a whole clutch of dead, almost unrecognizably disfigured chicks. Huh. Guess it'll be easier for him to make a name for himself than one would think.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10689 on: August 08, 2015, 09:37:53 am »

"Any reason why it's mounting?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10690 on: August 08, 2015, 09:44:11 am »

Another chance!

((Dammit, why do I have to keep getting into these situations?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10691 on: August 08, 2015, 09:47:47 am »

"Any reason why it's mounting?"

~on a long enough time scale the survival rate of everyone drops to zero! but you do not seem to be an outlier on the shorter end, strangely enough. we would have thought sending you off in a direction would end up getting you very much killed, and yet here you are! it is surprises like these that make us reconsider things momentarily. would you happen to know if the rest of your compatriots are dead?~

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10692 on: August 08, 2015, 06:17:10 pm »

Mark decides that the red light is too far and heads back trying to sneak up on the salamander thing hoping this time he could steal it's parts FOR SCIENCE
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10693 on: August 08, 2015, 11:30:03 pm »

Morton calls out to the rebounding woman, hoping to catch her attention for at least a moment. "Good mage Wilma, just a moment please. I shall have you to safety most expediently."

With little more adieu or prompt, the demonic desk moves into the room (keeping stabilized) and tries to gently catch her with whatever arms he can free.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10694 on: August 09, 2015, 07:44:55 am »

"Dying once was enough for me, and I've gotten close plenty of times. And no, I don't know where they are. I was looking for them, in fact."

Try to find my way out of the village and go in the direction I was going, preferably on a road.

Pages: 1 ... 711 712 [713] 714 715 ... 719