Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 111

Author Topic: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - Back again by popular demand!  (Read 223693 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 RPG - Made in RPG Maker VX! - You can be a player!
« Reply #1065 on: November 17, 2012, 07:30:46 am »

I think it would be sad if the generic "Oversized +∞ Hammer of Glowing" couldn't be wielded by Ursula.
Ftfy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:17 am »

We kinda chose the main character to be using Mining/digging Impliments

How many weapons are you planning on giving her GreatWyrmGold?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 17, 2012, 08:27:19 am »

Just some random ones that should probably be wieldable by everyone. Actually, the Holy Log of Ämireņa should be wieldable by anyone, too, now that I think of it.
Mining implements and special weapons, basically.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 17, 2012, 10:28:29 am »

I'd like an NPC, probably, but I need to figure more out about what's going on before going into more detail.
Just caught up to here by skimming the last dozen pages or so!
Anyways...I guess I could take a PC. I'd be the buffer/debuffer. My main "attack" would be something like "Sanespeak," and would cause a minor debuff to friends and a major debuff to enemies. I would also have a firey breath (being a gold dragon), maybe some spells, etc.
Or maybe I'd be the quest-giving NPC. Either way, I'd like to be a gold dragon.
Just got here despite reading the past several pages in-depth.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 17, 2012, 10:41:28 am »

Unfortunately we're full up on PCs. Helps to read the OP.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 17, 2012, 11:20:19 am »

I know. I have. That stuff was stuff in the quoted post which has been discussed. I'm now a great wyrm gold dragon who gives optional quests, maybe does some trading (25 red dragon fangs->Ice Claw [pick or something which deals ice damage]; 2,500 berries->Amuletof Draconic Life [multiuse healing item]; crazy stuff like that) who also shows up in various shape shifted forms at random points, always subtley noticeable by the golden eyes.

Anyways, just finished reading the thread...sad...
Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 17, 2012, 09:25:21 pm »

1--PC wakes up with amnesia. As is standard protocol, s/he is sent to a village elder. Teaches movement and such.
2--PC reaches the elder. S/he is told to go search the forest for some berries, learning combat.
3--The elder makes muffins. While they cook, the PC is sent to exterminate some rats in the basement. These include rats, giant, rats, fire rats, rat swarms, miniature rats, etc. When they get 10 rat tails (drop rate 10%, or 25% for swarms), the PCs return to the main house.
4--The elder asks why it took so long to kill 10 rats; the PC says that surprisingly few rats HAD tails. The elder acts shocked, and sends the PC to kill a goblin chief in the forest and bring his amulet to see if s/he is really a hero. The goblin chief is weaker than the warrior goblins and wonders why people keep trying to kill him. Some time during this quest, the first other party member joins.
5--Upon being brought the amulet, the village elder teaches the PC some pivotal technique that will be a major part of his/her toolbox/arsenal. He then gives the PC muffins, a minor healing item, and offers to make any more berries the PCs find into muffins.
6--To help deal with a warlord in the region (a flunky of the real Big Bad), the elder reccomends the PC get the Holy Log of Ämireņa, the dead elven nation. It turns out to be a weapon about 2-3 times the size of an elf, and very heavy (penalties to speed, but lots of damage)
7--The PC is sent to the warlord's castle. After many battles, they discover that the warlord has a powerful magic ring reducing the damage he takes; out of the weapons they have, only the Holy Log deals enough damage. The debuffer guy and such need to tie down the warlord while the PC smacks the warlord with the log.
8--The elder belatedly remembers to teach the PC a spell he could use with the Holy Log. It's impressive, but requires the Log to be used and the PC isn't any good at magic so they leave it behind.
9--The plot begins. The elder acts as though the warlord was the final boss.
10--Eventually, the Holy Log is retrieved for a more powerful mage to use on the Big Bad.

Thoughts?

Change the Big Bad listed here to 'the person who you think is the actual Big Bad when the warlord is proven not to be, but is only the leader of the local nation (current board)'
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 18, 2012, 12:09:58 am »

Fine enough.
Sig

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 18, 2012, 12:16:12 am »

Fuzzy is doing sprites for Uriel. Hoorah!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 18, 2012, 12:18:25 am »

Dammit The PC is female.

Quote from: Steam
Dermonster: I just think it would be a better narrative if we have an actual character than an audience stand in.
FuzzyZergling: I'd say the person with the final say is Reudh.

Reudh! Female protag only for better story +friend/romance sideplots or audience stand in?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:25:11 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 18, 2012, 12:24:36 am »

Fuzzy is doing sprites for Uriel. Hoorah!
Already finished them, actually.

I was going to wait for Reudh, but they don't seem to be online right now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 18, 2012, 01:40:10 am »

Just some random ones that should probably be wieldable by everyone. Actually, the Holy Log of Ämireņa should be wieldable by anyone, too, now that I think of it.
Mining implements and special weapons, basically.

Usually weapons everyone can use tend to be subpar or final level equipment.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 18, 2012, 04:10:16 am »

If its not to late in the project I was wondering if I could be dwarfed. If its cool yaknow.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 18, 2012, 05:34:38 am »

If its not to late in the project I was wondering if I could be dwarfed. If its cool yaknow.

As an NPC, sure. Supply the sprite yourself, or ask someone to help you. There's a creator in the trial version of RPG Maker VX Ace, it's a 216MB download.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 18, 2012, 06:41:46 pm »

Crap I can't download anything due to my parents being nazis with that kind of shit. What do I do?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 111