Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221840 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #750 on: December 04, 2012, 05:33:36 pm »

I didn't think it was possible until I did it, but I'v fractured a bone with a normal sock.

Throwing the laden clothes at the unicorns suddenly sound like a much better idea.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 04, 2012, 05:36:21 pm »

Throwing in DF is OP though, you can kill things with sand,water,berries,meat, bones, and anything else

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 04, 2012, 05:37:30 pm »

Even body parts like a nose can shatter bones

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 04, 2012, 05:48:30 pm »

I do not believe our gm is going to apply the more stupidly unrealistic portions of DF.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: December 04, 2012, 06:00:07 pm »

Yep. Throwing is a bad idea. We have no skill

And saber is likely useless against a charging unicorn... So no need to unsheathe it
We may try to drop the belt and that's all. We have no throwing skill and we need concentration for magic

In fact I prefer to not move, put spear in direction of charging enemy and cast. Multitasking is a bad idea
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:03:26 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:23 pm »

I do not believe our gm is going to apply the more stupidly unrealistic portions of DF.
"Stupidly unrealistic"?
Tell ya what: Go play catch with thirty platinum bars in a giant cloak.  Tell me what happens.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 04, 2012, 07:22:52 pm »

It's enough to overencumber us, i don't think we can throw it with any significant force.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 04, 2012, 07:27:17 pm »

If you want, we can take some out, but a sack of platinum is pretty good flail, even if we don't throw it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 04, 2012, 11:58:40 pm »

I think the same thing may apply to using it as a flail.

Anyways as was pointed out displacing the dirt as time-mines to entomb the unicorns legs seems like the safer option to attempt to circumvent any magical protection, however it seems like they could just evade the holes in the dirt?

I'm not really clear on what would work at this point.  Can we get a post from the OP on all of this?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 05, 2012, 12:01:25 am »

Anyways as was pointed out displacing the dirt as time-mines to entomb the unicorns legs seems like the safer option to attempt to circumvent any magical protection, however it seems like they could just evade the holes in the dirt?

I'm not really clear on what would work at this point.  Can we get a post from the OP on all of this?

Also, move into where there is a lot denser bush. So, that there is a lot less maneuvering room for the unicorns.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 05, 2012, 12:34:19 am »

OP's philosophy is to stay out of your way and enjoy the debate until he has to update.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 05, 2012, 12:49:32 am »

Oh, and since these are a legitimate threat, one last suggestion.

If everything goes to hell and it looks like we might die, shout for Gwen to displace herself and timeskip ourselves a few days into the future.  Meet up back at the tower.  Every villain should have an escape plan.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 05, 2012, 01:34:55 am »

Why don't we try doing that... now? We have very little to gain from this confrontation and everything to lose. To quote a vulcan "the best strategy in a confrontation is the one that reaps the highest possible benefit at the lowest cost." Tell Gwen to get away and then time skip.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 05, 2012, 01:51:08 am »

Yeah. I vote flinging ourself into the future.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 05, 2012, 01:57:26 am »

Vote to fling into future for, say 1 or more hours. That would be more reasonable than flinging us forward a few days. At most, I would say time skip to nighttime considering our bonus in the dark.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 143