Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220774 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #510 on: November 28, 2012, 02:41:12 am »

Slow him down with eon magic and slit his throat before he can make a move!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 28, 2012, 02:43:52 am »

We need to kill him  fast, and we need to kill him with magic or use some spell before stabbing with knife

Fire magic is too risky, so I suggest to use Eon magic

Some methods

1) Send his head several minutes ahead in time, severing it from his neck
2) Put him in a time bubble with very accelerated time, wait until he dies from thirst, remove the bubble
3) Put both of us in a stationary time bubble ( I mean time around us will be stoped, while inside the bubble it will be perfectly normal), Then either use fire or just stab with the knife to incapacitate him
4) And, well slowing him down is a nice plan, too
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 28, 2012, 02:50:54 am »

Send his head several minutes ahead in time, severing it from his neck
I vote for that plan
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 28, 2012, 03:06:18 am »

Lets get to the neck snapping.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 28, 2012, 03:25:44 am »

Send his head ahead of him.  Let him get a head start on the future.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 28, 2012, 03:33:43 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I vote for that plan

Reaching foward, you mumble an incantation and gesture at the poor elf. His head flies forward in time, but you undershoot and only displace it by a few microseconds. Not an instant kill, but still enough to sever the blood vessles in his neck, and ensure that he will be dead soon...

1d20 = 5 + 4(Skill) + 1(Perk) + 1(Tattoo) = 11

You act quickly, throwing a minor time slow field around your victim. There are three reasons for doing this: First he needs to die under the influence of your spell to be harvested. Secondly by distorting time around him you distort his voice; rendering his death screams unreconizeable as a sound an elf could make and reducing the chances of meddlers arriving.

Your third reason of for slowing time on your victim of course is that you want to enjoy his suffering for just a bit longer...

1d20 = 12 + 4(Perk) + 1(Tattoos) = 17

Eventually the elf bleeds out, and your soul-catcher flashes red to indicate a successful reaping. You drag away the corpse and enjoy a quick meal before considering your next course of action. You can take as many as two more souls, but how far do you want to press your luck?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 28, 2012, 03:34:13 am »

-Double Post. My bad-

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 28, 2012, 03:43:07 am »

Personally, I would recommend risking no more than one more. A third would be two risky and just one could be quite risky for the enchantment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 28, 2012, 03:49:29 am »

It's a pity that we didn't save elf's brain.... we needed one

But still I'd prefer to return home and hope for a good roll from our wife. Hunting is too risky - Remember, heavy injury and we are going to Vindel. And wasting souls on enchantments is not our way.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 28, 2012, 03:55:25 am »

I say we look around a bit for just one more elf, same plan as last time, to harvest his soul and his brain.  There's got to be a guard or something out of sight and earshot of everyone else, right?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 28, 2012, 03:59:29 am »

Go back to Gwen. If she fails, we can always go out and get another soul.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 28, 2012, 04:26:52 am »

i think we should er on the side of caution, no need to push our luck.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 28, 2012, 05:09:38 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I vote for that plan

You try your damn best to preserve the brain of your latest victim, but the spell refuses to take and eventually you have to abandon the corpse to stay ahead of the guard patrol. You decide to return to the ranch, reasoning that you can just go out and hunt again should Gwendolyn fail in her enchantment attempt. 1d20 = 4 + 4(Skill) + 1(Tattoo) = 9

Back at the ranch you find your new mate sitting out in the open, talking with a Tigerperson. "My shadow prince! You have returned sweetie! Great news, your friend Mr. Foghorn has sent a servant to watch over us!"

The feline offers you a paw to shake, but Gwendolyn cuts you off by scooping you up and rocking you like a baby. The newcomer shoots the consort a nasty look before introducing herself. "I am Rox. Great Mr. Foghorn was busy with important work when he got your message. Sent me to look after you until he can sort mess out."

"I seemmmphhhh." You respond only to be cut off by a kiss from Gwendolyn. Her lips are as sweet as the fear of an innocent wide eyed child, and she seems to be in no hurry to end it. Despite your imature aversion to such contact you allow nearly a minute to pass before your mouth is free to address your guest once more.

"What of Alice and Esmeralda? Could they not come to my aid?"

Rox shakes her head. "Esmeralda always helps Mr. Foghorn with his busniess." The tiger person pauses for a second and shudders before continuing. "Mr. Foghorn found out that Alice made a pass at you. They fought. Came out during the resulting argument that she preferred female company. Mr. Foghorn had her beat and hooked up to the pain machine in basement."

The Tiger-woman bites her lip and allows a few tears to flow. "Mr. Foghorn intends to give her to Mr. Vindel as peace offering."

You blink; unsure of what to make of the new information. Rox takes advantage of the pause to get a hold of herself and continue talking. "Mr. Foghorn would like to pass thanks for keeping your word and resisting his daughter. He will be along to help you as soon as possible. In meantime the claws and fangs of Rox are at your disposal."

Noting that Rox is for some reason on the brink of tears once more, you instruct Gwendolyn to carry you up to the tree and fix your bracelet. There is a slight blue flash as your consort activates her new-found ability, and you find yourself back in the concealing branches where Gwen was turned.

She offers you one more kiss, and licks the wax from your ear, before placing you down on the floor and getting to business. "I could feel your exaustion while I was being torn down and reconstructed. As your mate and protector it is my duty to inform you that you will be catching up on your sleep tomorrow. I'll work on the bracelet then, when you wont be squirming around so much."

Gwendolyn gestures to a set of incomprehensible arcane diagrams recently coaxed into the bark of the tree. "I've been thinking about what I could change your bracelet's enchantment to. I got three ideas. First off I could reroute the way this thing handles input. It should be elementary for me to change it into a charm to boost the empathy type magic of your choice. The second option would be for me inverse and modify the chain of command, giving you total control of myself and perhaps a few loyal lovebirds from the ranch Finaly I could just overwhelm it with your aura, and you could use it to help you gain gifts. I'd love to gain a sister wife or a child."

You nod. It is a big decision. But for the moment you have all night to do what you want, and two followers to help you do it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 28, 2012, 05:27:04 am »

We shall not forget Alice, she is our friend... (and a nice potential mate)

We should chat with the tigerwoman and carefully find out if she is ready to go against Foghorn to save Alice.

I suggest to spend a night sparring with the wife (use sticks for swords) That may let us learn a trick or two and Gwen needs to get used for her body

If she is skilled in unarmed combat, we should practice that, too

As for bracelet, I think boost to animal empathy is a nice thing to have

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 28, 2012, 05:38:01 am »

oh... poor Alice...
Question, is communication a form of... people empathy?
i think the Ranger's suggestion is decent, unless our weariness truly is catching up with us, in which case maybe we should flex our magical muscles a bit more.
Edit: subtly asking our new protector Rox about Alice (and Foghorn for that matter) seems like a fine idea
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:41:11 am by Mlamlah »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 143