Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221296 times)

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:17 pm »

As far as we were told she's still being tortured, so I propose we ask foghorn where she is so we can release her.

Then maybe with her help we can capture and interrogate Vindel about our new target's whereabouts.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2012, 10:06:07 pm »

Again it's a long term stuff, but don't you see that we can't touch Vindel without pissing Foghorn? He is his enchanter

I am not sure that asking about Alice is a good idea, we shouldn't look too interested in her, I say just inform him that we are planing to go to the tower to prepare for the abduction of Ciara, as this is not an easy task to do.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2012, 10:32:12 pm »

Again it's a long term stuff, but don't you see that we can't touch Vindel without pissing Foghorn? He is his enchanter

I am not sure that asking about Alice is a good idea, we shouldn't look too interested in her, I say just inform him that we are planing to go to the tower to prepare for the abduction of Ciara, as this is not an easy task to do.
I'm not saying we should do any permanent damage to him - besides, Foghorn's pissed at him right now, he won't care if we rough him up a bit. And he pretty much offered Alice to us on a silver platter, so he should be fine with us just releasing her from the torture.

You might have a point though in that Vindel might not be the best way to get Claire's whereabouts, we can always try capturing and interrogating another, less powerful elf who might know where we can find her.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 30, 2012, 12:52:33 am »

First thing's first... let's get our hands on Alice.
Also, perhaps we could do something for our chief benefactor? And if so... what? At this point i feel like we need to prove to him we're worth the continued time and effort, he's our most valuable resource as of yet.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 30, 2012, 12:58:49 am »

As a side note Vindel seems like the kind of guy who would prepare for us to come back and try to screw with him.  If the consensus is that we should go mess with him some more one way or the other we should be careful about the elf himself.  He can probably cook up better than an enchanted sleepy pen dagger.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 30, 2012, 01:03:58 am »

Well, if we do go screw with him, i think we should be sneaky about it. Offer up a false pretense, bring along a companion so that one can engage him using the deception, and the other one can attack/rifle through his stuff.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:10 am »

So, here's the plan: Get Foghorn to tell us where Alice is. Invite Alice to stay with us at our ranch while she recovers. Then, once Alice is safe and settled, we go on a day trip to the tower to get the dwarf whatever he needs for his artifact. Artifact in hand, we abduct Clairia.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2012, 05:37:40 am »

You guys seem to forget that unconverted Alice can do whatever she want and I suspect that it's quite possible that she will run away\plot a revenge against her father. Especially if left alone

Also, I'd not spend too much time in preparations, or Vindel may marry Caira

Also I don't understand why to not go to the tower now. 

Also, I see no real reason to revenge Vindel, he treated us quite nicely after we attempted to kill him. Besides doing something bad to his love is a much better revenge
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 30, 2012, 06:32:37 am »

Alright, revision to the plan:

Gwen goes to the ranch with instructions to bring the birds to the tower.
We go release Alice.
We bring Alice back to our wizard tower
Introduce Alice to Gwen.
Make whatever preparations we need to abduct the princess.
Abduct the princess.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 30, 2012, 06:45:35 am »

She already feels like she owes us a debt, possibly more so if we tell her we convinced her father not to bargain her off. A loyal servant free can be a lot better than a temporarily enslaved one.
Also, we really do need at least one loyal member of the civilized races as a minion to deal with people, if we don't have one we will pretty much *always* rely on foghorn that little bit more for dealings with elves and humans and such.

Gwen goes to the ranch with instructions to bring the birds to the tower.
We go release Alice.
We bring Alice back to our wizard tower
Introduce Alice to Gwen.
Make whatever preparations we need to abduct the princess.
Abduct the princess.

I second the first three stages of that plan, we shall see what happens after that for the rest.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 30, 2012, 06:48:20 am »

Little problem... To release Alice we need to learn where we can find Alice

Also if we do bring birds with us to the tower, why not do it know? I'd rather not destroy food supply in that way

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 30, 2012, 07:06:56 am »

Also if we do bring birds with us to the tower, why not do it know? I'd rather not destroy food supply in that way

Gwen is going for the birds while we ask Foghorn about Alice. He just said that we can have her, so he shouldn't object to us letter her out of the torture machine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 30, 2012, 07:26:02 am »

So, here's the plan: Get Foghorn to tell us where Alice is. Invite Alice to stay with us at our ranch while she recovers. Then, once Alice is safe and settled, we go on a day trip to the tower to get the dwarf whatever he needs for his artifact. Artifact in hand, we abduct Clairia.
The first step is the most important and least certain.

You guys seem to forget that unconverted Alice can do whatever she want and I suspect that it's quite possible that she will run away\plot a revenge against her father. Especially if left alone

Also, I'd not spend too much time in preparations, or Vindel may marry Caira

Also I don't understand why to not go to the tower now. 

Also, I see no real reason to revenge Vindel, he treated us quite nicely after we attempted to kill him. Besides doing something bad to his love is a much better revenge
We're saving the girl who already owes her life to us, a possible consideration but if we rush and screw up we'll lose more time, we don't know where Alice is, he kinda enslaved us...hm, you gave me an idea. Could we use that enslaving gift on Caira?

Gwen is going for the birds while we ask Foghorn about Alice. He just said that we can have her, so he shouldn't object to us letter her out of the torture machine.
You're implying that there are circumstances people would not want to be rescued from torture machines...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 30, 2012, 07:29:43 am »

Could we use that enslaving gift on Caira?

This is actually a great long-term goal, especially if we can find a way to use a potion or something on her so that she will still look like her former self.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 30, 2012, 02:01:06 pm »

We could find some way to get a shape-shifting gift I suppose.  Might be a better option for her to have conscious control, that way if all else fails we can have her pull a the thing as a last resort.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 143