Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220772 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1335 on: December 19, 2012, 05:36:50 pm »

Let the one elf go, we promised him.
Save the axeelf, convert the rogue, between two consorts and us we should be able to carry the axeelf and Alice. If we weren't to convert anyone yet and head home, we'd probably need to abandon both consorts since I can't imagine Gwen would be good at carrying people when that heavily pregnant.
While we convert the rogue, have Gwen loot the bodies.
Once we have a second consort, we can reassess our situation, interrogate the axeelf, and go from there.

Sound like a plan?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »

Save the axeelf, convert the rogue, between two consorts and us we should be able to carry the axeelf and Alice. If we weren't to convert anyone yet and head home, we'd probably need to abandon both consorts since I can't imagine Gwen would be good at carrying people when that heavily pregnant.
Once we have a second consort, we can reassess our situation, interrogate the axeelf, and go from there.

Sound like a plan?

Let him go.. WITHOUT HIS LEGS.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 19, 2012, 05:38:38 pm »

If you are suggesting conversion, please suggest a gift to convert with.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 19, 2012, 05:39:41 pm »

Let the elf go, ask him to take his time on the way back. Tell him that his cooperation has bought him a powerful ally (who knows, having an agent on the inside of the town could have benefits.)
We should give the healing necklace to alice for a time, then either turn one of our potential consorts here and return to the tower. Or merely treat our wounds and head to the tower directly.
As for conversion? I suggest the armor given to the axe-elf. Or amnesia given to the rogue.

Edit: ask the elf for his name before letting him depart
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:42:46 pm by Mlamlah »

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 19, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »

Sound like a plan?
+1 to all, sounds good. Especially agreed about the surviving elf - villains who keep their word are invariably more dangerous than ones who do not. Besides, one terrified survivor speaking of the posse's massacre will spread fear and may discourage elves from joining such ventures in the future.

I recommend the Gift of Puppetry for the Warrior, the Gift of Amnesia for the Rogue.
A mindlessly obedient soldier and an assassin who can erase the memories of selective targets for us - quite a combo.

I also like the idea someone posted about trying to influence the surviving elf - perhaps tell him that he can go with no strings attached as we promised, but if he wished he could forge an alliance with us. Play on his fear by telling him that allies of ours need not fear the rising forces of darkness. Play on his greed and ambition by promising gold and power for those who aid us.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:52:29 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 19, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »

We don't give really good gifts to not so good consorts...

I suggest  to convert an axeelf in a puppet, we need loyal bodyguard\babymaking machine (we need consort to unload mediocre gifts and get puppet sons)

Amnesia gift for the rogue is good, too

And it's really an ideal time to leftstone  Alice... Admit that We will not get good enough gift for her soon, might as well upgrade her, get a strong ally NOW and don't care about less number of kids that much
Let's not waste the left stone gift to - maybe, someday we will find a way to convert the mermaid and deliver her to the sea
We should make a little army of consorts, NOW and go back to the elves... and burn them down. they lost their best fighters we should not let them to recover

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:00:05 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 19, 2012, 05:56:43 pm »

Sound like a plan?
+1 to all, sounds good. Especially agreed about the surviving elf - villains who keep their word are invariably more dangerous than ones who do not. Besides, one terrified survivor speaking of the posse's massacre will spread fear and may discourage elves from joining such ventures in the future.

I recommend the Gift of Puppetry for the Warrior, the Gift of Amnesia for the Rogue.
A mindlessly obedient soldier and an assassin who can erase the memories of selective targets for us - quite a combo.

I also like the idea someone posted about trying to influence the surviving elf - perhaps tell him that he can go with no strings attached as we promised, but if he wished he could forge an alliance with us. Play on his fear by telling him that allies of ours need not fear the rising forces of darkness. Play on his greed and ambition by promising gold and power for those who aid us.

Agreed.  We should also tell the elf that if he sides with us we could heal him at our tower.

Side Note: Can we please try and learn necromancy soon?  Maybe send out one of our soon to be new consorts to find the necromancer who escaped before.

Oh and no left stone to Ukrainian Ranger!  The gift that gives fiery wings and limited immortality sounds like a better gift to me.  I really want to save the left stone for someone AMAZING or use to just have a female child.  The rest of its good though and I agree about not wasting our best gifts on consorts.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:59:21 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 19, 2012, 06:02:35 pm »

Fiery wings are useless for stealthy ranger... even more - it's bad
Natural armor is also bad for stealthy characters

Alice is AMAZING. period.

She has many skill to convert into useful traits. Her orientation and genetics may convert nuicely too... We may wait forever for someone better. Oh and she is LOYAL!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:05:24 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:01 pm »

Fiery wings are useless for stealthy ranger... even more - it's bad
Natural armor is also bad for stealthy characters

Alice is AMAZING. period.

She has many skill to convert into useful traits. Her orientation and genetics may convert nuicely too... We may wait forever for someone better

I suggested it primarily for the immortality.  We both agree that she is important right?  She has also come close to dying multiple times and this would be a nice buffer.  Besides how often do we actually have her use stealth?
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 19, 2012, 06:08:40 pm »

We have a stealth based party... and use stealth constantly

And I fail to see how combat gift = immortality
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:10:31 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 19, 2012, 06:10:32 pm »

Let the elf go, even though he almost killed Alice, he made up for it by possibly saving the lives of all of us by betraying the mage. Loot the mage for any thing which could be helpful with magic. I think Gwen should eat until she is satisfied, even if it includes the warrior. I think that our raid was successful, enough with getting one captive, a caring for Gwen’s and the future child’s well being by feeding them, and most importantly coming out alive. I do not think we should risk all that was gained by staying any longer than needed. Also I think that the elf warrior should not be brought along because of two reasons. One is that it will be harder to feed a growing group since, we already have Alice, the merwoman (Something the III), Gwen, a child on the way, maybe another wife, and our night trollself. Our only steady and no risk option for food is our flock of lovebirds. The other reason is that with more night trolls and night trolls consorts, there is going to be a high demand/need for mortals to eat. More mortals killed= more enemies in some cases. Although, I know there are some plus to getting the warrior, I just don’t like the feel of getting her as a consort.
One more thing is, I rather have our guy just start a family with Gwen and spend our gifts on the children because we can teach our children the way of the night troll more easily than a grown adult.
In short: let’s just get home.
2 Q’s for Weirdsound:
If our first child is a daughter, she wouldn’t be to have kids that are night trolls, but can still have kids with a mortal and have half-trolls right?
Night trolls can not die of old age, right?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 19, 2012, 06:14:30 pm »

If our first child is a daughter, she wouldn’t be to have kids that are night trolls, but can still have kids with a mortal and have half-trolls right?
nope, we'll have only sons

Yep

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 19, 2012, 06:14:30 pm »

If you are suggesting conversion, please suggest a gift to convert with.
I was hoping for discussion on that.

Sound like a plan?
Plus, it's common courtesy.

Sounds good.

Hm...

And it's really an ideal time to leftstone  Alice... Admit that We will not get good enough gift for her soon, might as well upgrade her, get a strong ally NOW and don't care about less number of kids that much
Let's not waste the left stone gift to - maybe, someday we will find a way to convert the mermaid and deliver her to the sea
We should make a little army of consorts, NOW and go back to the elves... and burn them down. they lost their best fighters we should not let them to recover
I'm not sure if converting Alice while she's unconscious is a good idea, but this is as good a time as ever to discuss the gift to give her.
Before using the Left Stone gift on ANYONE, we should pray to Nocteclaw for guidance. If nothing else, it's a chance to practice our religion, and as a god/dess s/he's likely to see stuff we miss.
Before using the Left Stone gift on Alice, we should make sure she's willing to have kids, because that's the biggest advantage (IMHO) of the Left Stone.
If Nocteclaw doesn't outright object, and Alice is willing to have plenty of little girls, I would support Alice having the Gift of the Left Stone. It shows her importance to her, and to Foghorn.

-snip-

Agreed.  We should also tell the elf that if he sides with us we could heal him at our tower.
Ooh, good idea!

Side Note: Can we please try and learn necromancy soon?  Maybe send out one of our soon to be new consorts to find the necromancer who escaped before.
Who?

Oh and no left stone to Ukrainian Ranger!  The gift that gives fiery wings and limited immortality sounds like a better gift to me.  I really want to save the left stone for someone AMAZING or use to just have a female child.  The rest of its good though and I agree about not wasting our best gifts on consorts.
We're not stoning the GM!
Anyways. I believe that burning wings would impact stealth and ability to act in the forest. If we don't use the Left Stone on Alice, the new gift sounds neat. Natural armor to protect her and all. Also, if we don't give Alice the Left Stone, I suggest we use it to make a daughter with consort!Alice.

We have stealth based party... and use stealth constantly
Well, not at home, but yes. It's also stupid to give someone a gift that destroys one of that person's greatest talents.

And I fail to see, combat gift = immortality
The Phoenix gift has a 1-Up built in. Emphasis on "1."

Let the elf go, even though he almost killed Alice, he made up for it by possibly saving the lives of all of us by betraying the mage. Loot the mage for any thing which could be helpful with magic. I think Gwen should eat until she is satisfied, even if it includes the warrior. I think that our raid was successful, enough with getting one captive, a caring for Gwen’s and the future child’s well being by feeding them, and most importantly coming out alive. I do not think we should risk all that was gained by staying any longer than needed. Also I think that the elf warrior should not be brought along because of two reasons. One is that it will be harder to feed a growing group since, we already have Alice, the merwoman (Something the III), Gwen, a child on the way, maybe another wife, and our night trollself. Our only steady and no risk option for food is our flock of lovebirds. The other reason is that with more night trolls and night trolls consorts, there is going to be a high demand/need for mortals to eat. More mortals killed= more enemies in some cases. Although, I know there are some plus to getting the warrior, I just don’t like the feel of getting her as a consort.
More consorts also means more people we can send out to hunt.
Besides, we don't have any meatshields. If we don't convert her, we should at least make her a minion.

One more thing is, I rather have our guy just start a family with Gwen and spend our gifts on the children because we can teach our children the way of the night troll more easily than a grown adult.
More consorts means more buns in the oven, and anyways the consorts don't start as infants.

How? Two or three people plus gear plus loot to carry, two people (one pregnant) to carry it.

2 Q’s for Weirdsound:
Half-trolls?
Our child will be a son.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 19, 2012, 06:23:41 pm »

2 Q’s for Weirdsound:

Night trolls can only have children of the same gender.  The exception to this rule is the "Left Stone Gift" which we have enabling us to have one female child or convert one female into a night troll capable of producing complete female night trolls.

Yes night trolls are immortal (in that they do not die of old age)

We have a stealth based party... and use stealth constantly

And I fail to see how combat gift = immortality

I'm pretty sure it says in the description that just once, the person can be brought back to life after dying (that's the limited immortality I spoke of).  Yeah we do use stealth a lot but we don't need Alice specifically to use stealth that much.  It's usually just us.  I'm not saying we never need her to be stealthy just saying the need for her to be stealthy isn't really any stronger than the need for any other member of our group.  It is also important to keep in mind we just got another stealthy female capable of being transformed into a consort.  This one might even be better in that regard although honestly we have relatively little to go on as far as guessing how skilled she is.  Last thing, I want to be flexible and reach an agreement with everyone as often as possible.  I personally do not think the Left Stone is the best gift for Alice.  I also think it could be put to better use elsewhere.  I understand you feel strongly about converting Alice, specifically with the left stone gift, even though I disagree.  So yeah I was trying to suggest a decent compromise but you seem to dislike my suggestion.  Do you have another gift you'd like to use other than the left stone that we might all be able to agree on?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:25:57 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 19, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »

Thanks for the clarification on the gender of the kids, people.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 143