Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221308 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1350 on: December 19, 2012, 06:27:25 pm »

The mermaid seriously advised us not to pray to Nocteclaw without adequate training. If you wanna risk we may do that... but I suspect that failure will lead to seriuos problems

Problem with impregnating consort with the left stone

And Alice is smart enough to have kids (Besides I know that she'll answer something like - "I don't want to but if that will be required I'll do"  + night troll instincts will kick in + I think that some lesbian trait is likely)

And we do need to convert Alice now,and  if you all are so opposed to the left stoning let's use the combat gift... But don't delay conversion further.

And force the elf to stay, not kill but let it see how her friends get eaten\converted and generate sweet fear... Then release a mad elf
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:34:53 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 19, 2012, 06:32:12 pm »

The mermaid seriously advised us not to pray to Nocteclaw without adequate training. If you wanna risk we may do that... but I suspect that failure will lead to seriuos problems

And Alice is smart enough to have kids (Besides I know that she'll answer something like - "I don't want to but if that will be required I'll do"  + night troll instincts will kick in + I think that some lesbian trait is likely)

And we do need to convert Alice now,and  if you all are so opposed to the left stoning let's use the combat gift... But don't delay conversion further.

Sorry what is the problem with impregnating a consort with left stone?  Anyway I'm fine with conversion now but wouldn't it be better to get to the tower first?  Then again I guess changing her now would heal her and make less work for us getting home, so that's good.

I'm not sure how others feel about the left stone.  If I'm all alone in my opinion that it could be used better than no problem go ahead and do it, I just figured I'd speak my mind.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 19, 2012, 06:34:51 pm »

I agree that converting her is a good idea, but not right now. We can do it after we get back to the tower and she has a chance to recover.

First order of business imo is to try to persuade the surviving elf into becoming an ally.

Secondly, convert the warrior with the Gift of Puppetry while Gwen feasts - she can carry Alice.

We can carry the captive rogue home ourselves and turn her with the Gift of Amnesia back at the tower while Alice recovers.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 19, 2012, 06:36:44 pm »

Why waste time and wait until  Alice recover? And why do we need to go back to the tower? We need to keep terrorizing the retreat.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:38:20 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 19, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »

Why waste time and wait until  Alice recover? And why do we need to go back to the tower? We need to keep terrorizing the retreat.

Safe place for consort to give birth?  But yeah I don't really have any issues with transforming her here.

Oh and you were suggesting the battle lust gift?  Sounds good to me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:46:11 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 19, 2012, 06:51:42 pm »

I have AN IDEA!

As we know, while we convert someone we deconstruct them... Let's try to combine 2 elves while they are blobs. And use the puppeting gift, in that way we may get big night troll consort with split personality, probably mad, but loyal and obedient...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:51 pm »

I have AN IDEA!

As we know, while we convert someone we deconstruct them... Let's try to combine 2 elves while they are blobs. And use the puppeting gift, in that way we may get big night troll consort with split personality, probably mad, but loyal and obedient...

+1

Why stop at two?  Have one of them be the immortality/wings gift.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:59 pm »

I have AN IDEA!

+1

two = less likely to mess up.
And puppeting gift is a must, mad night trolls need to be controlled

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:14 pm »

I have AN IDEA!

+1

two = less likely to mess up.
And puppeting gift is a must, mad night trolls need to be controlled

Maybe after we have a son we could try larger fusions by working together.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 19, 2012, 07:04:57 pm »

So I propose

1) Force the elf at exit to stay and watch
2) Let Gwen enjoy the meal
3) Combine the rogue elf, the axeelf and gift of puppetry in one new consort

Then we'll decide what to do with Alice

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:29 pm »

So I propose

I thought you wanted Alice to be converted first?  I say convert Alice and then drag those two elves back to the tower for conversion.  It was stated that the process takes a long time anyway, so if we want to try a riskier fusion between two people we might as well do it in the safest place possible

So those two elves, gift of puppetry and gift of phoenix?
Sure thing peanut man!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 19, 2012, 07:11:34 pm »

I am opposed to converting Alice for many reasons that I will explain later, once it become more relevant. As for converting the rouge elf, it should be done some other time, instead of out in the open. I don’t think the warrior needs to be taken because, it will encumber us. I feel so hesitant to expand the number of consorts we have because the negative consequence of doing so is that we will not be able to be have a good relationship at all with the wives, if we just covert them and then move on to another. Numerous consorts would unhappy with their change (if not wooed and comforted) and not be mentally health as a result. I would think that a solid intimate wife-husband relationships, is the best environment for raising children in. If the wife (wives) is happy and the children are happy, then our character will be happy.

We should stay low for a few days at the tower and just learn and train.

Max avatar size is 80x80

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »

The axeelf is almost dead and non transportable
Also, I doubt that combining gifts works, because that it is way overpowered

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 19, 2012, 07:20:59 pm »

I am opposed to converting Alice for many reasons that I will explain later, once it become more relevant. As for converting the rouge elf, it should be done some other time, instead of out in the open. I don’t think the warrior needs to be taken because, it will encumber us. I feel so hesitant to expand the number of consorts we have because the negative consequence of doing so is that we will not be able to be have a good relationship at all with the wives, if we just covert them and then move on to another. Numerous consorts would unhappy with their change (if not wooed and comforted) and not be mentally health as a result. I would think that a solid intimate wife-husband relationships, is the best environment for raising children in. If the wife (wives) is happy and the children are happy, then our character will be happy.

We should stay low for a few days at the tower and just learn and train.

I don't think we should go crazy with the consorts, but I at least feel like we should have enough to shove out 2-4 babies at a time if we need to.

Consorts are also a good way of disposing of gifts we'd rather not use for children while still putting them to use.

Converting Alice seems like a pretty touchy subject in general, but I feel like it is going to quickly become unavoidable.  Besides her father specified that he wanted her converted and we don't want him to get angry and if we are probably going to convert her anyway we might as well do it when it is most beneficial to us.  Still feel free to throw in your reasons why you feel against it.

I really want to try the fusion idea, so it would be great if we could bring them back to the tower to try it out.  Training a bit once we get there sounds smart.  I'd like to get better with our artifact spear.

I think we can only turn them into the blob if we use a gift first.  Anyway it is a bit overpowered but I guess we'll see what our host says.
The axeelf is almost dead and non transportable
Also, I doubt that combining gifts works, because that it is way overpowered
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:25:19 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure it says in the description that just once, the person can be brought back to life after dying (that's the limited immortality I spoke of).  Yeah we do use stealth a lot but we don't need Alice specifically to use stealth that much.  It's usually just us.  I'm not saying we never need her to be stealthy just saying the need for her to be stealthy isn't really any stronger than the need for any other member of our group.  It is also important to keep in mind we just got another stealthy female capable of being transformed into a consort.  This one might even be better in that regard although honestly we have relatively little to go on as far as guessing how skilled she is.  Last thing, I want to be flexible and reach an agreement with everyone as often as possible.  I personally do not think the Left Stone is the best gift for Alice.  I also think it could be put to better use elsewhere.  I understand you feel strongly about converting Alice, specifically with the left stone gift, even though I disagree.  So yeah I was trying to suggest a decent compromise but you seem to dislike my suggestion.  Do you have another gift you'd like to use other than the left stone that we might all be able to agree on?
Alice would lose her woodlore and stealth abilities to the Phoenix gift. Alice actually has stealth and such; we can't expect our new consorts to learn stealth and whatnot right off the bat.
The Left Stone isn't ideal, but it's honorable; if Alice is willing to take the responsibilities of helping to repopulate the night troll race, and Nocteclaw doesn't advise against it, I see no reason to not give her the gift. As I suggested, but didn't outright state, Foghorn would probably appreciate it if we appreciated her daughter enough to give her such an important gift. Of we decide against the Left Stone for some reason, though, I suggest using the Bloodlust gift, which doesn't conflict with her abilities. Or maybe Inferno's Embrace or Amnesia, which also don't conflict with her abilities or degrade her. Remember, while Foghorn claims not to care about Alice anymore, she's still his daughter and he's still human.

Hm, forgot that. Did she mean "Asking for aid" prayer or "What people do IRL" or "Ask for advice" prayer?

And force the elf to stay, not kill but let it see how her friends get eaten\converted and generate sweet fear... Then release a mad elf
Why do we need to convert Alice while she's unconscious? Couldn't we at least wait until she's awake so it's less...creepy?
And why be mean for da evulz? I think there's plenty of fear in the elves who know they're next.

With an increasingly pregnant consort and a bunch of loot? We should drop at least the loot, prisoner(s) if any, and Gwen off at the more defensible location. Anyways, the elves know we're here, we can't stay until Alice heals...

I have AN IDEA!

I don't know...

So I propose

I'm not sure about 3, and am against 1. 2 and 4 are fine.

I suggest that we wait until we can talk to Alice about having kids. For now, the rogue or the abomination.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 143