Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483720 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98b beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1725 on: February 28, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

Replica: Zebra alchemy will include everything from brewed potions that permanently alter the drinker, to black magic such as the soul jar and necromancy (Comprising the as of now empty conjuration school)…so enough features to merit a full arc.

Amorak: Thanks! :) While development follows the original novel, it’s not locked to the canon; elements from seasons two and three like irradiated changelings and crystal ponies will eventually be added, as well as side stories that improve gameplay. Any and all suggestions are welcome for consideration. :)

> So they’re the things Littlepip ran into in the Old Olneigh hospital?
Pretty much.

the1337doofus: It’s easy to forget until the first time it happens. :P
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 28, 2013, 08:26:39 pm »

Happened to me, too (three glowing ghouls and a radscorpion). Next time, trade the cages that the creatures are in instead of the creatures themselves.  ;D
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Atomic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 28, 2013, 10:39:04 pm »

Been playing this for a while. After a few FUN stables, the third serious one was called Violencepages.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can someone explain to me how to effectively install SATS (or how the installation works with the terminal/job assignments)? It's a bit confusing.

There is a ghost that won't go to rest. I don't think it was ever a member of the settlement (I checked around many times) and I can't find a corpse or engrave a memorial. It always claims a coffin too, yet remains around.

Also, is it normal for demons to become leaders? I looked at the local talon merc civilization and it is led by a brute of steam. According to legends, in the year 3, he (Direct Drillleader) fooled the civ into thinking he was "Lord the Beast of Adventure" and immediately ascended to company commander.

Wonderful mod, I can't wait for more updates.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:42:58 pm by Atomic »

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »

Demons can become leaders in any civilization with the right entity tags. This is also true in vanilla DF.

My Stable, "Horrorgod", is holding out quite well. We've only had one pony go insane, and fewer than twenty deaths in five years. I credit this to my legendary chainsword squad of two, who between them have beaten back seven ambushes and never suffered any injuries (to say nothing of forgotten beasts, reaver packs, brainbots, and berserk protectaponies) without so much as power armor.

Somepony drank my only Assassin Upgrade Potion before I could stockpile it, and I still haven't figured out whom. This could prove a challenging whodunit.

Just now starting on arcane research. It took a while, since I have no sand for lenses and am still getting used to the workshops. Fortunately, I have a pony with a cutie mark for magic; I'm gonna load that sucker's brain up with eldritch secrets until they come out his ears.

As a side note, the slave traders still haven't brought me any slaves. It's kind of weird.

Breached the second and third caverns recently. They're almost empty; no salvage and only the occasional tree or spider. Also acquired Star Metal. Doop be doo.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:04:21 pm by Mura »
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 01, 2013, 09:14:46 am »

I cheated and gave myself max embark points(Copy EQUESTRIA params and 'e'dit them and change embark points) and gave myself what I thought was a years worth of supplies and about.... 7 protectaponies... my incompetence shined that day

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:22 am »

I cheated and gave myself max embark points(Copy EQUESTRIA params and 'e'dit them and change embark points) and gave myself what I thought was a years worth of supplies and about.... 7 protectaponies... my incompetence shined that day
I'm guessing you didn't roll lucky on the antiques either?  But that was nerfed anyways wasn't it?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 01, 2013, 10:50:58 am »

Do you have a problem where people store shots of creatures in the food stockpile? I cannot get rid of plasma bolts being stored there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 01, 2013, 11:23:00 am »

Before I forget, here are three full scale pics I drew while I was away.

Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 01, 2013, 11:26:20 am »

That 2nd pic... looks like Enclave propaganda.  Nice stuff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 01, 2013, 11:59:03 am »

Awesome pictures Replica. What is that thing between the tentacles on the first one?  :P
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »

Replica, Good job on the pics.

I'm guessing you didn't roll lucky on the antiques either?  But that was nerfed anyways wasn't it?

I am just incompetent in my placement of bots, but I don't care, I just throw things at bad things until it dies anyway

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 01, 2013, 01:16:23 pm »

Atomic: Thanks Atomic! :D I always enjoy reading Stable Reports; I don’t have the time nowadays to play a Stable outside of testing new features, so reports help me catch balance issues and other problems I may have overlooked.

You got unlucky in the cave breach…floaters should only appear in the second and third layers, though they may have climbed up to the first level. If it happens more often, I’ll restrict them to the third layer.

> Pandemic of floater sap.
I’ll see if I can make it disappear faster in the next version.

> Raiders.
Odd…they’re normally easy to defeat with a trained and well-armed militia. It could have been a fluke in this case, or your ponies needed more training.

> No migrants came during this entire time of several years.
I think the exported wealth is reported by the Stable caravan, though the number of deaths you suffered may be a factor.

> SATS.
Run the installing reaction with a pipbuck at a Stable-Tec terminal. SATS is one of those few installations (The other being slave rehabilitation) that depends on the boiling cloud, and so is only successful about half the time. Should the worker obtain it, he’ll flash a different tile for a few seconds and a note will appear in his combat (r)eports in the fighting message.

> There is a ghost that won’t go to rest.
Most likely a deceased member of the Stable caravan (They can’t be memorialized). I suggest deconstructing the claimed coffin and rebuilding it to see if the body shows up, but if not your other option is to install DFhack and use its ghost removal function.

> I looked at the local talon merc civilization and it is led by a brute of steam.
Those griffons sure do love being led by hidden monster figures don’t they? :P

Mura: As far as I know, it’s impossible to trade hostile creatures that are caged, whether it’s the cage or the creature itself that’s traded. Both result in !!FUN!!. Then again, your Stable could always use an arena. :)

> Somepony drank my only Assassin Upgrade Potion before I could stockpile it.
If you check your citizens list that pony should have the title “Assassin” after their name. As of now the potion only allows the pony to stealth when attacking or fleeing.

> The slave traders still haven’t brought me any slaves. It’s kind of weird.
In rare instances the slaver civilization fails to obtain the slave pet, though I’m working to fix this.

> Breached the second and third caverns recently. They’re almost empty.
The lower caverns are undeveloped, but they’ll be home to irradiated changelings in the next update or so. ;)

Iceblaster: I think it’s more how you secure your embark site in the first few months than the amount of supplies you bring. One of my earlier Stables collapsed as my ponies spent too much time hauling supplies from the wagon…right as a pack of ghouls strolled nearby.

Zangi: Antiques only give around 2,500 points now.

Deon: Replied in your thread. :)

Replica: The drawings are amazing! :D I especially love the detail in the first one, with the broken soda vendor and other bits and pieces of salvage scattered about.

> What’s that thing between the tentacles on the first one?
No idea…I certainly didn’t mod in anything that looks like that. *whistles*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:23:02 pm by Lycaeon »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 01, 2013, 01:29:36 pm »

I would suggest you to look at material values of skin, fat, muscle, bone, chitin etc in Fallout Mod. I've added melting and boiling point, and heat and fire damage are much more realistic now. Your skin and muscles will actually melt if the heat is too high, and undead will die in magma.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 01, 2013, 01:44:00 pm »

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: March 01, 2013, 03:12:46 pm »

Yeah I guessed that was it... so im bringing a ton of wood along with me on my next embark so I can wall in a spot for a compound, I'll report back with the end product, may get a screencap
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 210