Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483661 times)

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching
« Reply #2550 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:49 pm »

Is cave floater syndrome supposed to be survivable? Because I just had an Earth Pony survive exposure. It's been over a month now.

Granted, she is "absolutely inexhaustible, unbelievably strong and incredibly tough", and she did walk away with every single bone in her body broken and her teeth blistered. But still. Survivable.

If you manage to get the crap off of them quickly enough, AND if you have a good surgeon, AND if your pony has good stats in either toughness, healing or disease resistance, it is possible to survive the floater syndrome.

Other than that, no, it's not.  And your pony never will get over the blisters without the "miracle cure" of sending them out on an expedition.  They'll be crippled for life.

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 19, 2013, 03:43:02 pm »

She just kind of walked around with the sap still on her for about a week. And my medical crew is entirely composed of lazy morons who refuse to operate.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 19, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »

So, I just found something interesting.  One of my ponies had a metalcrafting mood and became legendary, which is cool.  I also had a ton of gold on my map, and the caravan liaison told me that they would pay top dollar for toys, so I told him to make gold toys and ignored him for a while.  However... he started making memory orbs, batteries, hologems and so on.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 19, 2013, 04:47:36 pm »

So, I just found something interesting.  One of my ponies had a metalcrafting mood and became legendary, which is cool.  I also had a ton of gold on my map, and the caravan liaison told me that they would pay top dollar for toys, so I told him to make gold toys and ignored him for a while.  However... he started making memory orbs, batteries, hologems and so on.
I'm guessing that those are really rare to be crafted normally, but since your metalcrafter was legendary he ended up producing them anyway. Or something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 19, 2013, 05:12:29 pm »

I don't think it's because he's legendary.  I think that the various special salvage toys are linked to the toy pool to craft.  He also just made a gold Pinkie Pie statuette.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 19, 2013, 05:15:18 pm »

I don't think it's because he's legendary.  I think that the various special salvage toys are linked to the toy pool to craft.  He also just made a gold Pinkie Pie statuette.
That shouldn't happen, side they only make the toys that their civ has.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 19, 2013, 05:17:07 pm »

Yes I know that, but I'm pretty sure that there are certain types of craft that only show up on high level dwarves in vanilla DF, so I'm guessing that the salvage items are just those cranked up to a massive limit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Thirtyeight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 19, 2013, 08:08:14 pm »

That is actually pretty cool. I can see a master craftsman being able to replicate certain pieces of old world tech, but things like statuettes does not make any sense from a lore perspective. I wonder how Lycaeon will want to handle this?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 09:00:35 pm by Thirtyeight »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:20 pm »

There's probably something that can be done to remove them from the crafting pool while still making them able to be scavenged.  At least I hope so, heh.  It's a rather strange bug, in that it's not something that I think can be actually abused to a real profit.  Rather, you can't aim it.  If you tell them to make toys, they make normal toys (boats, toy hammers, etc) or the special stuff, and there doesn't appear to be a way to make them make specific toys.  I just wish power talismans were toys instead of tools, heh.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 20, 2013, 04:57:27 am »

The important question is do they work? If yes, then the reactions need to be changed to only accept the right materials. If not, then your craftspony is making toys that pretend to be valuable, so you can sell those forgeries to caravans or give them to children to play with.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 20, 2013, 06:41:49 am »

they seemed to work. Memory-orbs are processed and green glas spell-hologems allow at least the study-order.

green glas unprocessed Steel Ranger memory orb -> (toy-Memory Orb) Steel Ranger memory orb (operational) + ranged + unarmed
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:48:09 am by Wurgel »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 20, 2013, 07:34:32 am »

Hm, this is a reflection of the problem where we get artefact items from this mod. In and of itself this is not a problem, because artefacts can't be used for reactions, even ones with [PRESERVE_REAGENT], but I think the mooded ponies can only make such artefacts because they qualify as crafts.

I think the thing required to prevent us from just setting crafts on repeat and getting all kinds of useful things is to change all the reactions to require specific materials, but that's a lot of work. 

EDIT: While fiddling with my plants script again, I found that there is a bug in [PLANT:BERRY_SUN]. It has [REACTION_CLASS:PONY_POSH_LIVE_BOOZE] instead of [REACTION_CLASS:PONY_LIVE_BOOZE], which makes it unable to produce biofuel. While this is convenient in-cruch (we get to keep our most expensive drinks), it doesn't make sense in-fluff.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:00:29 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Wilde Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 20, 2013, 11:34:59 pm »

I was actually going to post about this myself when I came online, but it seems that someone beat me to it.
I decided to set my squad to off duty so I gave my commander a few stone toy crafting jobs, he didn't have any experience at all and the first toy he made was a Talon memory orb, I have a few marble hologems as well but I don't have the workshops for them yet.

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 21, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

I... I... I don't even... WHAT?!?!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 21, 2013, 03:46:18 pm »

I... I... I don't even... WHAT?!?!

Well, that's interesting.  Does she lay eggs?

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 210