Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961292 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #5595 on: June 10, 2013, 03:49:12 pm »

Ok, i guess that settle my first IC post on the thread.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing as there isn't any written information to be had, Ozzy decides to study each of the alters and draw what conclusions he can about the gods they represent and afterwards he grills the monk for additional information about any gods whose goals and gifts are not immediately obvious from what he saw downstairs.

(( From search I've found the following, there are eight gods:
Yo-drell of the Deep, whose alter is a boulder with 3 silvery cubes embedded in it.
Sha-calun the Everflame, whose alter is an eternal flame burning above a bowl.
Flux, whose alter is a font of mercury.
Parathun the Fleshsmith, whose alter is a constantly changing lump of flesh.
Scarlon the Mask, whose alter is a stone statue of a cloaked man wearing a bright white mask.
Blastel, whose alter is a live woman chained to the platform with a blade driven into her chest.
Nul-sheal the Green, whose alter is a tree with leaves of every element.
Shub-shalsheil of the Inksea, whose alter is an enormous book, it's pages filling with text and magical symbols as you watch.
From what you can gather:
Yo-drell is the god of survival and of stone. His gifts have to do with keeping you alive and protecting you from damage.

Sha-calun is the god of fire and magical potency. He's about...well fire and making you more potent.

Flux is the god of change and movement. She's about moving fast, dodging shit, changing things and otherwise warping the material world for fun and profit.

Parathun is god of flesh and bone. He is all about making you into a crazy mutant.

Scarlon is god of the mind and will. He's all about controlling minds, gaining secret knowledge and generally being a sneaky, manipulative bastard more then a straight up murder dude.

Blastel is god of violence. He's the one you want to take if you plan on fighting with melee or not using magic. All his stuff revolves around charging into battle and murdering dudes.

Nul-sheal is god of the elements and grants control over specific ones. Good if you want to specialize, but your element is randomly chosen.

And Shub is all about the tattoos and circles.
This is about each of the 8 gods you can pledge yourself to, I forgot to mention them.  Each one has an altar in the temple everyone spawns in, you can pledge yourself to one of them and get abilities from it, or you can choose not to pledge yourself to any, which gives you a higher chance to get souls from non-magical creatures.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: June 10, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

As far as I know there are only 3 teams, Aether, Bismuth, and Sky Pirates (I don't know if they accepting members.), but there have been absolutely no wars for any team.
And Team Sasquatch. SHAMELESS PLUG!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:11 pm »

It should be noted however that if you attempt to pledge yourself to another deity while currently pledged to another, you get a Mark of the Traitor from your old deity while gaining the new deity as your current covenant. The MotT (as I'm going to call it now) will mark every follower of your old deity as an enemy of yours, the deity in question promising them great power at the death of said guy who has the MotT. As to what happens if a follower who is a non-player doing the deed however is uncertain, as it wouldn't permanently kill the Mark Carrier.

All of this derived from personal deity related science on Glassco's part.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #5599 on: June 10, 2013, 04:24:58 pm »

Ill probably end up pledging Flux on my next turn.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: June 10, 2013, 04:38:43 pm »

((Once I either kill the Glyph Head, or die horribly, I'll probably head back to town and start up a mercenary group. Perform certain dirty deeds for souls or items.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5601 on: June 10, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »

((Once I either kill the Glyph Head, or die horribly, I'll probably head back to town and start up a mercenary group. Perform certain dirty deeds for souls or items.))
((Well, if you're going to be killing things, you'll be getting some souls too, unless you're participating in group battles. So you'll probably end up charging magic or items instead of souls.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: June 10, 2013, 05:05:17 pm »

((Well, if you're going to be killing things, you'll be getting some souls too, unless you're participating in group battles. So you'll probably end up charging magic or items instead of souls.))
((Well, I don't use magic, and I don't want magic items, so, yeah.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: June 10, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »

It should be noted however that if you attempt to pledge yourself to another deity while currently pledged to another, you get a Mark of the Traitor from your old deity while gaining the new deity as your current covenant. The MotT (as I'm going to call it now) will mark every follower of your old deity as an enemy of yours, the deity in question promising them great power at the death of said guy who has the MotT. As to what happens if a follower who is a non-player doing the deed however is uncertain, as it wouldn't permanently kill the Mark Carrier.

All of this derived from personal deity related science on Glassco's part.

I don't consider it a safe assumption that all God Wrath is identical, though Scarlon's is certainly pretty generic.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: June 10, 2013, 07:05:22 pm »

True, the reason it was generic is why I figured it might of been a blanket charge. We won't actually know unless someone does it with a different deity however.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: June 10, 2013, 09:12:55 pm »

Just letting you guys know that my sister is working on an illustration of the Perplexicon itself, hopefully ready by the time I post the reply this evening. If you have any suggestions for what you want her to illustrate, feel free to post them.
Null. At any time.

It's funny how usage of it is almost quaint now, as people use many of the other lethal elements now over it.  I shot a Garstopit bolt at Null, but I don't recall seeing it used in anger since.
It should become, like, a swear or a dueling challenge or something.

As far as I know there are only 3 teams, Aether, Bismuth, and Sky Pirates (I don't know if they accepting members.), but there have been absolutely no wars for any team.
There's a running joke about Aether and Bismuth being at WAAGH!, but it hasn't amounted to anything.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: June 10, 2013, 09:21:45 pm »

I've juggled the idea of a character who tries to speak entirely in Perplexicon words. I'm sure it's quite possible, but in order for that not to result in death, the character would probably need no CHA. Unless there's a way we can say the words without bringing about their effects.

It would be a very limiting form of speech however. Like...

"Karenthar halthel! Shaazeshelial kelio dorbaelo." Points a direction down road. "[secret word I'm using for 'you'] Trialo."

It would be an amusing idea, only those who understand what the words mean would know what the hell you're saying.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: June 10, 2013, 09:22:43 pm »

Just letting you guys know that my sister is working on an illustration of the Perplexicon itself, hopefully ready by the time I post the reply this evening. If you have any suggestions for what you want her to illustrate, feel free to post them.
Null. At any time.
Null. Hurling an arcane barrage at arcane thrakor.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: June 10, 2013, 09:23:53 pm »

The magical clockwork artillery cannon made by Null.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: June 10, 2013, 09:24:54 pm »

I'd personally like to see the exterior of the Anchor of the Eight.
Pages: 1 ... 372 373 [374] 375 376 ... 435