Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958710 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Garth's Gas Chamber
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2012, 08:39:48 pm »

((I'm sort of living on a prayer here))
((Whoooooaah-ooooh, you're halfway theh-ere))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2012, 09:30:17 pm »

(Take my hand, we'll make it, I swear!))
Anyone want to join an alliance with me? We'll have a big advantage over the non-allied people.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »

Anyone want to join an alliance with me? We'll have a big advantage over the non-allied people.
((I'm game for another alliance. Let's hope it goes better than the last one. But I've got a pretty interesting spell that might work, and even if it doesn't, I've got some serious firepower with my lightning.))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:53:51 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2012, 09:42:48 pm »

((That was my goal, but I somehow didn't want to waste my first turn talking when there's science to do. Assuming this spell does what I think it will do, and I don't kill myself or anyone that happens to be under us, sure))

((I do want in if I manage to survive this. I'm sort of... behind on my spells. I can guess at knowing two words, that's it.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »

I'm game for another alliance. Let's hope it goes better than the last one. But I've got a pretty interesting spell that might work, and even if it doesn't, I've got some serious firepower with my lightning.
Great. What's your character again? Mine's Roland.

((That was my goal, but I somehow didn't want to waste my first turn talking when there's science to do. Assuming this spell does what I think it will do, and I don't kill myself or anyone that happens to be under us, sure))

((I do want in if I manage to survive this. I'm sort of... behind on my spells. I can guess at knowing two words, that's it.))
Good luck, but when I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2012, 09:55:22 pm »

I'm game for another alliance. Let's hope it goes better than the last one. But I've got a pretty interesting spell that might work, and even if it doesn't, I've got some serious firepower with my lightning.
Great. What's your character again? Mine's Roland.

Good luck, but when I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.
((I'm Lepus Palston. The big albino guy who'll be spawning when the next person dies.))
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 10:54:13 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2012, 03:53:00 am »

We're just waiting on kin, if you're wondering. I'd go on without him but two people just appeared next to him and are throwing out spells so...yeah. Hopefully he'll post soon.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2012, 11:53:52 am »

"...oh..." Having to new arrivals just appear from thin air right by Goldarm and Kin was not something he expected but now he could show Goldarm why this was a good place to be at.

Kin attempts to push one off the platform and yells "Roth" at the other.

((Thanks for delaying even thought I were the only one left. And in a disadvantage situation not able to help John.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »

((What color am I? If it was a choice I went with navy blue :P))

((Oh cool, I'm green. I like green.))

((Oh, everyone's touching me. Between grabbing the newcomers and spelling us and trying to push me off a floor, you'd think I was a known criminal streaking through police headquarters.))
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:38:08 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #174 on: November 30, 2012, 04:06:20 pm »

((ROLLING BALL OF DOOOOOOM))

Well, that didn't work.  Time to try something completely different!

Execute Magical Plan Omicron!
[pot:6]
You turn toward the central platform hanging a floor beneath you and speak your words. The sound of glass breaking in reverse echos  through the pit as a dozen crystalline shards solidify out of thin air and hover in  place, their razor sharp tips glinting in the strange flowing light of the pit. They hang there for half a second before shooting down toward the central platform, accompanied by the audible hiss of their points tearing through the air. Most seem intent on skewering Kin, but the wave of crystal shrapnel is so large that anyone on the platform is at risk.

[kin dex:4]
[Roland dex:2]
[sanya dex:5]
[John dex:4 +1]

[kin end:3]
[roland end:1]

Sanya and John see the barrage coming and leap from the platform onto the rope bridges, avoiding the rain of razors completely. Kin dodges but can't completely avoid the blows. A shard of crystal catches him in the lower leg, practically cutting his calf muscle in half. Another clips his shoulder, rending a deep gash through it; he twists and falls to the ground, bleeding and crippled.

Roland isn't even that lucky. The first blow isn't bad, clipping his arm and spinning him, but the second tears a fist size hole down through his back and out just above his hipbone, taking part of a lung and most of a colon with it. The last connects right to the back of the head and he's ash before he even hits the ground. A pinprick of light shoots from the crumbling body up to Thrakor.

[Roland is dead: Thrakor gains a point.]

"Ah?"

Sanya felt a sharp pain, and collapsed on an unknown, hard floor. Quickly righting herself and grasping at what was around her, she found a small book and a dirty floor.

"N-no, not... Oh god, was I caught?"

Quickly looking about in a very skittish way, she noticed a strange, golden-armed man and another that looked as bewildered as she did.

"D-Don't get any closer!"

Sanya flipped through her book in a panicky manner, and focusing her attention on the floor under goldarm and the other man, thinking about causing damage without directly harming anyone, she pointed at the ground and screamed
"Kelio Contarstol!!" loudly enough for the whole arena to hear.

After casting the spell, she drops to her knees, shivering.
"Oh god, oh god... I'm going to die... I'm so afraid..."
Having barely survived the rain of shrapnel from above, You decide you had better say something before you lose the capacity to speak.
[pot:1] You feel an odd sensation tingling on your skin, like ants crawling over it. Then nothing.

+1 Potency, +1 Dexterity!

Take the sword if it's still there and doesn't look very poisonous. Hide from immediate line of sight of everyone by a pillar.

"Ha-hah! I dine in hell to-day, my food is YOHR SOUL and my drink, eet ees your blahd!"

((So, does the first person to gank me get 5 points? 'Cause that sounds quite good for them, really. I hope it's only one point, though. Yay for basecamping, though.))
You pick up  the sword and hide under the roof of the gazebo, behind a pillar, as tiny fragments of crystal and thin streams of blood run down from above, the blood turning to ash as it falls. Oh ho, something fun is happening.

"That was.... Disturbing. Useless. And oddly erotic. I'm gonna avoid that one for a while."

Glare at Thrakor if he gets any closer, or if anyone comes within one-word distance. Stab a finger in their direction and scream Garstopit, followed by Generic, followed by Garstopit again. If they are  mortally wounded, knocked unconscious, killed, or otherwise disabled by any of the words, don't use the next one(s) in line. Walk a short distance away and await further orders.

If nothing of import happens, then continue gleeful experimentation. Face a wall and mutter Generic Word.

"Heh, I could get used to this. So long as Crazy Ivan doesn't get any bright ideas. I'd rather not try my luck against any of the other freaks running this show, either. Magical backfires are dangerous enough."
You hide behind a rock rather terrified by Thrakor's show of power. You've gotta learn more and you've gotta learn more fast.
[pot:1+1]
Nothing seems to happen.

"Damn it." You whisper to yourself, "This isn't helping!"

John sighs. Well, he tried. But it wasn't enough. That chap with the high kill count seems to be doing well. And he had no particular interest in the other person anyway. Then, suddenly, two more people! Oh crap!

John touches both of the new people and shouts "SHAREEB SHAREEB!"
You look up from where you're laying on the western Bridge along with the first new person. Well, the second new person is, how you say, really goddamn dead. But that first new person is crouched in front of you, staring right at you and scratching at her skin. Huh. Welp. You scramble up to her and poke her in the forehead while yelling your magic words.

[pot:2-1]
[end:4]
You scream in a very familiar kind of pain as your right arm, still stuck in the pointing/poking position solidifies into solid steel. The weight of your combined metal arms jerks you face first onto the ground, wedging you in a very precarious way, your arms hanging down between the boards of the bridge, threatening to drag you down with them.

"...oh..." Having to new arrivals just appear from thin air right by Goldarm and Kin was not something he expected but now he could show Goldarm why this was a good place to be at.

Kin attempts to push one off the platform and yells "Roth" at the other.

((Thanks for delaying even thought I were the only one left. And in a disadvantage situation not able to help John.))
You hold your bleeding leg, screaming at thrakor for several long seconds before rolling over and yelling Roth at the remaining new person crouched on the bridge.

[pot:3]
Nothing seems to happen.

"AWESOME! FUCKING AWESOME!" You go back to rolling around in agony.

Lepus appears on the second floor, right next to the northern stairwell.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3
Joe: Red: pool:1/1
Garth(5) : Blue: Pool:2/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth. Soaked in water.)
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:1/2
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2 (severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Bleeding)
John: Dark red: Pool: 1/3 (Left arm turned to gold from elbow down.Right arm turned to steel from shoulder down.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Death from above.
« Reply #175 on: November 30, 2012, 04:10:26 pm »

Sorry Greatwyrmgold, looks like Toaster ganked you. On the plus side you now hold the award for quickest death.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 30, 2012, 04:15:48 pm »

"Dahm-eet, zey are having fahn vizout me! No mattah, zey vill knov DEATH soon enough!"

Say the words "SHAREEB-SHAREEB!" while thinking of a nice suit of chainmail armor and pointing at the ground in front of me! If anything bad starts to happen, RUN.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:10:40 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 30, 2012, 04:27:39 pm »

((Toaster tries Magical Combo!  It's super effective!

Sorry GWG, but I was thinking I'd be able to hit the whole group.  You just got unlucky.))

+1 Potency

Bingo.

Back up to the walls of the pit to get out of line of sight, then curve around to the northeast part of the level I'm on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 30, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »

((Oh, question- if we add to Channeling, does that increase the current and maximum value of the pool by one or just the maximum?  I want Potency regardless.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #179 on: November 30, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »

Temple's throbbing. Pain from the calf. Gash wound. Kin couldn't be more unlucky than this. "There must be a way to heal these wounds, or at least stop me from bleeding to death."

Thumbing through the few pages Kin see a word that makes him just smile. "If this isn't a badly hidden healing spell, then there is none." He holds his bleeding calf, thinks "HEAL" and says the word "Hael-ton".

Spoiler: Kin's musings (click to show/hide)

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 435