Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961673 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Death from above.
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:24 am »

Sure.  Don't let it slow you down- you're already doing tons of work between this and ER.
It will slow me down like all of 15 seconds :P
Good. Hopefully it will help everyone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2012, 08:50:43 am »

"Hey! That was magic right there! So I guess that the book isn't a lie then. I'd better look through it a bit more then." Lepus looks through the book a bit more, and is horrified to find a drawing of Garth surrounded by black clouds and skulls. Wait a second! That guy's right below me now, trying to kill that new guy. But the new guy's practically glowing with magic energy. I bet that he could say at least six words in a single go. Well, I don't want to be on the bottom floor when that fight breaks out, and it looks like everyone is running like hell from the third floor, because of something going on on the fourth. So I guess I'm in a pretty good spot now. And I think that the other guy here with me is in some sort of coma. Well, maybe he could be a good test subject later, but I've got bigger fish to fry."

Lob My Spell down the northern stairs, trying to hit the people fighting at the base of them, and run over to the 7:30 position on the second floor.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2012, 09:13:56 am »

((Alright, I've got a new format for the Lexicon of Arcane Glory XIV, and with this new format, I've decided to set up a transfer process.

A trade rate of 1:1. In other words, you give a word with combat value, a different word with combat value is given.

Current stock of privately owned words:
Water
Cloth
Four others with unknown purpose.
Edit: One of the 'four others' has successfully been used at a distance of three floors. So it might be an add-on word for Distance. Not certain, but might.

Notes:
  • It's best to tell me what the word does, before you tell me the word. I decide it's value from that, so if you think I'm undervaluing your miraculous find, screw me! There's other dealers. Oh, wait...
  • All transactions are to happen via PM, what you do with the information once you have it is on your discretion.
  • You might also want to actually want one of the above words, kind of common sense, but legal issues abound.

I now know what it's like to sell arms to third-world countries. But remember, the longer Possibly lives, the more words are added to the Lexicon.

If only I had monopolized on Garstopit, poisonous clouds of death are at a premium in this economy!))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:13:29 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2012, 04:01:00 pm »

Spot garth, point at them and do !!MAGIC SPELL TEST 1!!
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2012, 07:46:47 pm »

Sorry this is so late, guys, but real life issues are going to keep me off-line for some time. As such:

" I can't take this!"

Joe will run up to to top of the pit and jump off.

Thanks for letting me join this RTD piecewise. I'll probably be back when things settle down a bit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2012, 08:17:57 pm »

"Damn, so how do I make complicated crap, then? The water was supposed to be inside the damn lump. How hard is it to get that right?"
Continue grumbling about wasted opportunity, hacks, and wanting the password to the Rcon console. Try to make some decent clothing. Think Generic Word with the intent to actually do something. If thinking doesn't work, say Generic.
((I think you know what word I have in mind.

Decent Clothing: Tuxedo with black silken bow tie. A top hat that is at least two feet tall. Well-shined dress shoes. +2 to sexiness modifier.))

((If I know a word as useless as Cloth, I can at least look like a God among peasants.))

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna look good doing it."

Edit: Wait! I have an idea.....

[pot:3+1]
Several bits of black and white cloth pop into existence and flutter to the ground in front of you. Oh.

Yaah!
Scramble back onto solid ground, and hang close to the floor.
"Stop it no stop it stop it no no no..."
Cowering next to the rickety bridge, Sanya looks about in fear of everything around her. So far she'd seen a guy possibly try to hurt her, who she tried to protect, and then die because of his own spells. Already she'd had to dodge near certain death, and her own spells seemed to do absolutely nothing.

"I don't care about power... but... but I don't want... I don't want to die like this! I... I have to fight! I have to... kill...

If anyone attacks me and they're close by, return with "GASTORPIT". Scream it with a point gesture and a fearful tone. If anyone attacks I can't reach, continue cowering. If anything else happens, continue cowering.
You scramble across the bridge and onto the ledge on the far side, hiding on the stairway.

((Kill stealer!))

Thrakor had a working spell now, and a tendril of additional power.  If he wanted to get out of here, he'd need a plan.

And he had one.

Move to edge.  If Target Theta is valid, execute Shardstorm.  If not, hit Target Epsilon with it instead.
[Pot:1]
[end:5]
You speak your words, staring down at your target. A single shard of crystal appears in front of you but, rather then firing forward, it jerks violently back into you. Cutting a gash in your left upper arm straight to the bone. You stagger back,away from the edge, cursing as blood pours from the wound.

Spot garth, point at them and do !!MAGIC SPELL TEST 1!!
You speak your words as Garth charges toward you finishing them just as he reaches you.
[pot:6]
The air in front of you darkens black and you hear the sound of metal rending as something forms within the inky miasma in front of you. A moment later it drops to the ground with a heavy, metallic thunk and sticks there. It's a cleaver, a massive one, it's blade a foot and a half wide and 3 feet long with a handle large enough for two hands. It looks to be made of a greenish, semi-corroded looking steel shot through with black tendrils and baring a terrifyingly jagged edge.  A shroud of thin greenish black mist pours slowly from it and drops of black fluid drip from it's jagged blade and hiss on the ground.

"OOH, A PERR-SON!" Garth hollers as John lands on the ground.

As Jamie appears, he quiets down a bit and whispers "Ooh, anozer vone! Better give zem a varm reeception!"

Sneak up to person, garstorpit.
You skid to a stop as the cloud that the new guy summoned fades and reveals the cleaver.

"My my, Vats a nice trick." You say before shouting Garstopit at him.

[pot:1+2]
[jamie dex:2-1]
[jamie end:3-1]

The cloud is weak this time, a thin mist of green that brings Jamie to his knees, eyes watering and coughing, but seems to do little else.

"Did Goldarm just bite the dust? I think he might have. Damn." Kin was thinking of his possibilities. He could keep lying here and work out what words might be useful, form an alliance, or just crawl back to one of the stairs and ambush anyone unlucky.

Kin went with the first choice. No sense exerting himself more than necessary. "So..." If "Hael-ton" was something that formed an image maybe one needed another word to keep it intact. Goldarm had a word that made his arm gold and I think I heard him say some word before his other hand turned into metal. "Shareeb" i think it was.

Kin tried it out. He first formed an image of how his left calf had looked before being severed and also imagined as being as flexible as a real calf even if it were of metal. He then imagined it attached to were his severed calf had been. Taking a deep breath Kin said "Hael-ton Shareeb".
[pot:4]
You speak your magic words, still laying flat on your back and a moment later a fairly normal looking steel meat cleaver pops into existence a few feet above you and lands on your stomach. Luckily the blade is pretty damn dull so it just stings a bit.

"STILL NOT HELPING!"

You're starting to feel dizzy from all this bloodloss.

"Hey! That was magic right there! So I guess that the book isn't a lie then. I'd better look through it a bit more then." Lepus looks through the book a bit more, and is horrified to find a drawing of Garth surrounded by black clouds and skulls. Wait a second! That guy's right below me now, trying to kill that new guy. But the new guy's practically glowing with magic energy. I bet that he could say at least six words in a single go. Well, I don't want to be on the bottom floor when that fight breaks out, and it looks like everyone is running like hell from the third floor, because of something going on on the fourth. So I guess I'm in a pretty good spot now. And I think that the other guy here with me is in some sort of coma. Well, maybe he could be a good test subject later, but I've got bigger fish to fry."

Lob My Spell down the northern stairs, trying to hit the people fighting at the base of them, and run over to the 7:30 position on the second floor.
[pot:6]
A giant globule of water appears a few feet in front of you, is shot through with violent electrical discharge, and then bursts and water floods down the stairs you're facing. Oh. You run around the ledge until you reach about the halfway point between the west and south stairs. 

Sorry this is so late, guys, but real life issues are going to keep me off-line for some time. As such:

" I can't take this!"

Joe will run up to to top of the pit and jump off.

Thanks for letting me join this RTD piecewise. I'll probably be back when things settle down a bit.

(No problem, And thanks for letting other people have a turn.)

Joe forfeits his life in a swan dive. His power goes to no one.

Adam Potter appears next to the east stairs on the second level, clearly on the run from copyright lawyers.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 [Second floor, right next to east stairs]
Garth(5) : Blue: Pool:1/2 (a few metal marbles) [first floor, Near Jamie]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth. Soaked in water.) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:2/2 [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:1/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Left arm useless)[Fourth floor, North east side]
Kin : Light blue: Pool:1/2  (severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Bleeding)[third floor, center platform]
Jamie: Dark red: Pool: 2/6 [First floor, right next to northern stairs]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2012, 08:32:37 pm »

"Agh!  Bloody hell!  Wrong way, you blasted shard!"

Hide, and bandage the arm with my shirt.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2012, 08:43:13 pm »

((I can guess one word that went into that badass cleaver.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2012, 08:51:08 pm »

Garstorpit garth, then hit them with the sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:57:56 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »

"Interesting. So I can still perform magic without a tongue or an intact jaw. In fact, I could possibly make the laws of physics my bitch while comatose. Good to know. Still, useless spell is useless..."

Drape black cloth over my shoulders. Continue experimentation, continue lamenting the unfairness of the world, this time, say Generic while facing a pillar slightly away from me, concentrating on damaging the pillar.

"Oh Come On! I can't make a damn sprinkler, but an enchanted massive cleaver is created on complete accident?! -continue whining as such while working-"

((Time for guessing the contents of that cleaver. There were five words, so Shareeb, Garstopit, Kelio, Tarocal, and Hael-ton. I know that Shareeb and Garstopit were two of them, but that's like saying salt and pepper are two of The Colonel's eleven herbs and spices.))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:55:47 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2012, 09:08:04 pm »

"Interesting. So I can still perform magic without a tongue or an intact jaw. In fact, I could possibly make the laws of physics my bitch while comatose. Good to know. Still, useless spell is useless..."

Drape black cloth over my shoulders. Continue experimentation, continue lamenting the unfairness of the world, this time, say Generic while facing a pillar slightly away from me, concentrating on damaging the pillar.

"Oh Come On! I can't make a damn sprinkler, but an enchanted massive cleaver is created on complete accident?! -continue whining as such while working-"

((Time for guessing the contents of that cleaver. There were five words, so Shareeb, Garstopit, Kelio, Tarocal, and Hael-ton. I know that Shareeb and Garstopit were two of them, but that's like saying salt and pepper are two of The Colonel's eleven herbs and spices.))

Oops...I didn't notice that "Think" rather then say action. Yeah, words should only be able to work if they are said. Sorry.

I assume you mean "pick up the cleaver and hit garth with it." not "Hit him with a sword that he's holding."

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »

Oops...I didn't notice that "Think" rather then say action. Yeah, words should only be able to work if they are said. Sorry.

I assume you mean "pick up the cleaver and hit garth with it." not "Hit him with a sword that he's holding."

I was actually hoping I couldn't. It means there's another way to neutralize spell-casters.

I was searching for a method to stop Garth and his rein of terror using nothing but a level one spell. So just snap his jaw, cut out his tongue, or in any other way keep his Austrian face shut. For now, that's all my altruistic ass can give you lot.

Thanks for the clarification. Now to wonder on how to create armor......
Greater Collection

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:55 pm »

Of course. I didn't even notice garth had the sword. Also I'm probably gonna fail due to horrible physical stats, but hey.

Edit: Now that I think about it, if I succeed and he drops his sword, I'd like to finish him off with it. It'll probably be easier than the big cleaver.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:50:06 pm by Person »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »

Quietly peek out from the ledge.

"Umm... Hey! Hey! Down there! I want to ask something!"

"I'm not totally defenseless, but... I'm weak, and I'm curious. I don't want to die yet... I could do something for everyone, like figure out words... or... maybe if I could summon weapons? I'm willing to work with people..."

Shareeb, Garstopit, Kelio, Tarocal, and Hael-ton.
Hmmm.

Shout "Hael-ton Shareeb!" while imagining a lightweight, lustrous blade.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 02, 2012, 12:31:32 am »

"Driven to suicide... Damn. He must have seen some pretty crazy stuff here to make him do that. But that cleaver... I don't think it's safe to touch, with all of that poison and all. But maybe with a bit of spellcrafting..."

If someone approaches me with hostile intentions, do Spell A. If not, then do Spell B.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 435