Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961616 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #315 on: December 04, 2012, 07:30:12 pm »

"Ugh... No gloves, no love. Well, I've got to put some rubber on my shaft before I can use it. Maybe I can fuse it to my bad hand."

Place my rubber hand on the staff and do my GWP.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:12 pm »

"Ugh... No gloves, no love. Well, I've got to put some rubber on my shaft before I can use it."

Tee hee.

Actually, making one rubber body part made me wonder what other rubber body parts can be made.

Also, what kind of combat capability would a rubber golem have?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2012, 07:54:22 pm »

"Ugh... No gloves, no love. Well, I've got to put some rubber on my shaft before I can use it."

Tee hee.

Actually, making one rubber body part made me wonder what other rubber body parts can be made.

Also, what kind of combat capability would a rubber golem have?
It would probably be difficult to harm with blunt weapons and lightning. Plus, you could toss one off of the fourth floor to create a bouncing ball of limbs and death. Just imagine it as the Michelin Man on drugs.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2012, 07:55:52 pm »

Oh man, now I want to make a rubber cannonball.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2012, 08:04:28 pm »

((I propose a game. Someone get everyone the words- everybody race to the top and let's get dropping. We'll kill indirectly... and probably murder ourselves.

In fact, damn. I want three pool now.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2012, 08:10:32 pm »

((Oh man, bouncy ball room of death would be so awesome.))

Speak word.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2012, 08:31:02 pm »

((I tried to SAVE him from falling from the push. Then everyone... jumped in. Actually we should clusterfuck our spells on a single point and see what happens.))

Someone had to do it.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »

>Bash bash bash bash bash!!

>Continue smacking my opponent's head on the floor and choking him! If he tries to speak any more magic, jam the fingers of my mummified hand into his mouth to shut him up!

>As soon as he's dead, GTFO of there, grab the sword and run back to the stairs.

"Grrnnggrhhaaargh! Die already!" Yurf was getting impatient.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2012, 09:29:12 pm »

((This should have been a part of my original but I don't really see how it could fit in a turn. If Yurf can live...))

"Hey Yurf! Grab my spell!"
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #324 on: December 04, 2012, 11:42:37 pm »

Adam will push Yurf off and then yell GWP at him while thrusting his arm at Yurf

Point at Yurf, and INITIATE PLAN SCIENCE!
((Don't panic. Unless things go horribly wrong this might help.))
Point at yurf and their combat partner. Kallth Donth!
>Bash bash bash bash bash!!

>Continue smacking my opponent's head on the floor and choking him! If he tries to speak any more magic, jam the fingers of my mummified hand into his mouth to shut him up!

>As soon as he's dead, GTFO of there, grab the sword and run back to the stairs.

"Grrnnggrhhaaargh! Die already!" Yurf was getting impatient.

[adam dex:1]
[Yurf dex:5]
[Jamie dex:1]
[Sanya dex:4]

[Yurf str:4]
[adam str:3]
[Yurf str:4]
[adam end:3]

Adam tries to pry Yurf's hand off, tries to kick him away, but Yurf keeps hold, continuing to smash his skull into the ground and crush his windpipe. Adam starts to lose consciousness, his vision fading.

As this is going on jamie and Sanya are both lining up their own shots, ready to capitalize on that moment of vulnerability.
[sanya pot:3]
A particularly thick piece of thread or string fires out of the air a few feet in front of sanya and flies, not down toward the fighting but straight out in front, across the room and into a wall, coiling and then flopping to the ground. Huh.

[Jamie pot:4+1]
[jamie will:1]
[Yurf will:1]
Both Jamie and Yurf suddenly lock up, completely paralyzed, frozen in place like homicidal statues.

((Didn't even notice I was. I'll check for it next time.))

"That was.... anticlimactic."

Shrug and play with something else. Generic.

((Damn, I was kind of hoping for something a little more murderous or at least interesting. But I guess not all spells end in fire and brimstone.

I think you asked for opinions on the RTD, Piecewise? Loving it. The possibilities for innovation are endless once your vocabulary is built, and !!science!! is always fun.

Edit: Am I the only one who wants to kill the two that are fighting? It kind of feels like the combat is taking too long and a well-placed blast of fire would really speed things along.

Personal greed isn't really helping that decision.))
[pot:6+1]
An enormous hunk of ice materializes out of nowhere. Now if only you had an equally enormous tumbler and about 500 gallons of scotch.

The hell is that?  Well, one way to find out!

Push the button!
You poke at the circle on your arm. It doesn't seem to do anything. Huh. Maybe whatever this thing does is activated some other way? The right word or action or maybe even just thinking about it?

"Ugh... No gloves, no love. Well, I've got to put some rubber on my shaft before I can use it. Maybe I can fuse it to my bad hand."

Place my rubber hand on the staff and do my GWP.
[pot:2]
A few rubber shavings dribble down a few feet in front of you. Oh.

((Oh man, bouncy ball room of death would be so awesome.))

Speak word.

[pot:4+2]
You summon a great big old hunk of Obsidian to add to the growing number of great big old hunks of obsidian dirtying up the place.

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 (Being strangled, passing out)[First floor, next to YURF]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified, foot encased in wood,Paralyzed)  [first floor, Near north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:1/2 (left hand is rubber) [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(3): Purple: Pool:2/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless. Right arm marked,)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 1/6 (Paralyzed)[Second floor, near north stairs]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2012, 12:00:06 am »

And we have our first mindfuck spell.  Congratulations!

Blast.  I'll deal with this later- there's MAGIC to be done!

Magical plan SNARF!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04:54 am »

Magic!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2012, 12:09:07 am »

Maaaaaaaagic.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2012, 12:12:35 am »

"Ugh... darn rubber magic. I'd be better off trying to turn my whole body into lightning at this rate. Well, maybe it's time I do what the book says and kill someone to grow more powerful. It's not the nicest thing to do, but hey, it's me or them, right?"

Drag Jamie to the lightning-rod and throw him on it. If he snaps out of his paralysis, jam my rubber hand down his throat and blast him with Lightning.

"You two girls on the stairs want to help out? I could always use a few friends in a place like this. After all, five hands are better than one. Maybe the power will even split itself up for us. And if not, I'll be sure to protect you two with my life if I get it."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:43:09 am by Wwolin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2012, 12:22:16 am »

((Am I the only one who finds it massively confusing to keep track of who everyone is? :P I think Adam was the guy I was fighting, but Jamie was paralysed instead? Does that mean my opponent is still moving, etc? That would be bad...))

"..."

Argh! Yurf didn't like this, oh no, not at all. Stinkin' magic.

>Snap out of it!

>Get the sword and finish off my victim!

>Then leg it for the stairs.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:26:55 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 435