Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962159 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #480 on: December 08, 2012, 04:13:21 pm »

Perfect!

You shall all be dermed shortly.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 08, 2012, 04:13:48 pm »

But there was cowardice.... Me still being alive is proof of that. I haven't attacked a single person. Taking notes of the Swiss way of life has proven very successful. Derm's arrival, whenever he gets in, will probably screw up my record.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 08, 2012, 04:28:49 pm »

Yurf peered up towards the distant person shouting down at him. It seemed a tad odd, but oh well.
"Uh, right. Sure. Keep them others from blastin' me an' whatever. Just don't be throwin' no magic at me yerself."

With that, he began to move slowly up the stairs, eyeing Susan warily. "Don't cross me, an' I won't cross you."

>Move up to the second floor. If Susan makes a hostile move, slash at her. Otherwise just take cover up there and keep an eye on her.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 08, 2012, 04:30:02 pm »

Derm's gonna kill us all with a single Gastorpit (6+5)...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 08, 2012, 04:31:39 pm »

I don't know what that is so probably.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #485 on: December 08, 2012, 05:20:44 pm »

Attempt to jump back from the image, forgetting that I have wooden legs.

"No no n- Oww... My head hurts. Stone is hard."

Rest for a moment, after making sure I wasn't bleeding or concussed.

You cast sleep on yourself.

I want that flesh word.  We finally recreated Mr. Pillow!

Now that's neat.

Attempt to shoot lightning by pointing, waving, swinging, etc hand.  Grab pillar to see what happens.  Point at pillar with right hand and Rothon to see if it's enhanced.
You point and swing your hand around and make punching moves and the like. You leave little trailers of electrical discharge behind but don't fire lasers or lightning bolts or things. You grab one of the stones and electricity leaps off your hand into the rock. Then you try a Rothon.

[pot:4+1]

Hmm it doesn't seem any more powerful then usual.

"Flesh? Beyond the creepiness of summoning a possibly alive hunk of person, I think I might have just stumbled on healing.... Perhaps.... Perhaps..."

Do what must be done. Generic-ify me, Captain!.

((If anyone is in need of healing, you might want to stumble over to me.

Note: You will be used as a test subject. Symptoms of treatment include, but are not limited to:
Explosions, mutations, arcane abominations, trasformations, grievous wounds, geysers of bodily fluids, cloning, demonic rituals, new limbs, and/or death.

Any and all of the above will be the sole responsibility of the test subject.

Keep a distance of five or more meters from the doctor until sedated. When you wake up, the doctor will most probably be in a dark corner of the world hiding from the abomination he has just unleashed.

And remember, Aperture Science is doing it all for you.))

[pot:1+1]

A single droplet of darkness appears and drops to the ground, hardening to a shard of razor sharp shadow and burying itself into the ground. It vanishes a moment later.

commence operation ''where's waldo''

Call down the stairwell to Yurf ah you look like a mighty warrior indeed... perhaps you would consider an alliance? both magic and skill at arms have their weaknesses when used alone but together they are a force to be reckoned with.

You run down all the way to where YURF is hanging out in the stairs and proceed to yell a your own hands.

[pot:3+1]
A strange living tattoo wriggles across the skin of your right hand, a circle with a glowing symbol appears on it appears directly in the center of your palm.

Yurf peered up towards the distant person shouting down at him. It seemed a tad odd, but oh well.
"Uh, right. Sure. Keep them others from blastin' me an' whatever. Just don't be throwin' no magic at me yerself."

With that, he began to move slowly up the stairs, eyeing Susan warily. "Don't cross me, an' I won't cross you."

>Move up to the second floor. If Susan makes a hostile move, slash at her. Otherwise just take cover up there and keep an eye on her.
There's a guy standing right in front of you on the stairs asking you for an alliance. You stare at him for a few seconds before wandering up stairs and pointing threateningly at Susan and issuing a non-aggression ultimatum.

Sanya:Green: Pool:2/3 (lower body turned to wood. Right leg broken off) [Third floor, west stairs]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [second floor, east stairs]
YURF(4): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified,right toe cut off.)  [Second floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:3/3 [second floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:1/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Waldo: Dark red: Pool:2/3 (right hand marked)[First floor, south stairs] 

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 08, 2012, 05:31:22 pm »

More science, I think.
Point at a wall far enough away so that whatever I cast won't explode all over me and loudly speak

Xxecesic Rentheaol!

"Might want to stay away from that."

Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 08, 2012, 05:53:40 pm »

follow yurf, if anyone attacks us make a rude gesture and use word 1, if yurf attacks someone say word 2 then activate my tattoo and attack his target otherwise use word 3 pointing about 6 feet in front of me.

hmmm it only affected one hand...  ill come back to that.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 08, 2012, 06:05:55 pm »

"Okay" says Susan, still picking her nose. "I promise not to hurt you."

I am going to try random things until I can figure out how to create sentient beings, for I would like a kitty. So everything on page two is animals and materials like cloth or iron, something on another page must be what is needed to bring inanimate things to life...

Rali-heliel Gonteli?
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 08, 2012, 06:09:27 pm »

((Curses, somebody's discovered my precious.))

Words at nearby wall.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 08, 2012, 06:21:06 pm »

"Well, wasn't that interesting. Two new words for combat. I wonder why I'm even stockpiling these, it's not like I ever try to kill anyone."

Generic.

((Crystals and darkness and piles of semi-alive human meat, oh my!))
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:31:35 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 08, 2012, 08:39:22 pm »

Hmm.  Oh well- gives me a nice taser hand.

Chillax to the max.  Electric Pimp Slap anyone who tries to threaten me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #492 on: December 08, 2012, 10:33:08 pm »

More science, I think.
Point at a wall far enough away so that whatever I cast won't explode all over me and loudly speak

Xxecesic Rentheaol!

"Might want to stay away from that."

[pot:6]
You speak your words perfectly and the spell seems to take hold, but nothing happens. Hmm. Maybe it's having some sort off effect you can't see?

follow yurf, if anyone attacks us make a rude gesture and use word 1, if yurf attacks someone say word 2 then activate my tattoo and attack his target otherwise use word 3 pointing about 6 feet in front of me.

hmmm it only affected one hand...  ill come back to that.
You chase Yurf up the stairs and, considering no one is actively attacking you or him, try out word three.

[pot:4+1]

A ghostly image of a cleaver appears to the right of you. Yeah, ok. That makes sense.

"Okay" says Susan, still picking her nose. "I promise not to hurt you."

I am going to try random things until I can figure out how to create sentient beings, for I would like a kitty. So everything on page two is animals and materials like cloth or iron, something on another page must be what is needed to bring inanimate things to life...

Rali-heliel Gonteli?
[Pot:3+1]
A Tattoo begins to appear on your left hand but then shivers and vanishes before solidifying. Huh, another malformed spell?

((Curses, somebody's discovered my precious.))

Words at nearby wall.

[pot:4+2]
A giant lump of copper materializes and thuds to the ground nearby.

"Well, wasn't that interesting. Two new words for combat. I wonder why I'm even stockpiling these, it's not like I ever try to kill anyone."

Generic.

((Crystals and darkness and piles of semi-alive human meat, oh my!))

[pot:3+1]

The air in front of you is rent open by a black gash and darkness pours out. Nine thin limbs burst from the hole, grip it's edges and strain as they try to drag something into this world. The tear closes just as you start to see the vague outline of whatever was coming.

Hmm.  Oh well- gives me a nice taser hand.

Chillax to the max.  Electric Pimp Slap anyone who tries to threaten me.

You sit down, careful to keep your hand away from you. It doesn't seem to be changing back.

Sanya:Green: Pool:1/3 (lower body turned to wood. Right leg broken off) [Third floor, west stairs]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [second floor, east stairs]
YURF(4): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified,right toe cut off.)  [Second floor, south stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:2/3 [second floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2  [third floor, on west stairs]
Waldo: Dark red: Pool:1/3 (right hand marked)[second floor, south stairs] 

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:01:31 pm by piecewise »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 08, 2012, 10:52:08 pm »

Something I can't see, no leg, and no ability to move.

"I don't even know anymore."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:09:09 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 08, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »

Damn, I always hit "quote"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:09:27 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 435