Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962103 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #525 on: December 09, 2012, 09:26:59 pm »

ARGH.

Well, I hope what I'm doing works. If nothing else Alga will accidentally kill me and steal whatever it is I'm about to spawn, then rampage with akimbo weapons.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 09, 2012, 09:29:11 pm »

prepare to defend myself if alga goes bonkers

Actually i think ill get outta there while i still can, initiate manouvre 'fleeing thunder'

Also if my theories are correct shabha means staff not sword
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:41:36 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 09, 2012, 09:30:04 pm »

Do we know the word for sword? It's what I want, but it dosen't really matter- one way or another I'm arming myself.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 09, 2012, 10:11:21 pm »

Irony, mix your word with Garstopit for some evil sauce on your demon cake!

If I get any points for my crystal golem eviscerating anyone, I'm going to flood the world with them- just FYI.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 09, 2012, 10:13:41 pm »

If I get any points for my crystal golem eviscerating anyone, I'm going to flood the world with them- just FYI.
((I would be deeply disappointed if you did not.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 09, 2012, 10:17:05 pm »

And a cloth golem!  Order it to follow me around and be a bandage dispenser!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 09, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »

use the search bar and find the word golem, the word for cleaver is listed in a spoiler near the bottom of the list
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 09, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »

Thrakor watched the crystal golem go off on its own.  Huh.

Attempt Magic Plan Relly!

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2012, 11:02:01 pm »

Hmmm, I've got two mana. Let's see if this does anything...

Karenthar halthel?

Susan decides to go to any secluded spot on the first floor to experiment safely away from others.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:06:56 pm by satan »
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2012, 11:23:39 pm »

"Uh." Yurf stared blankly at Waldo for a long moment before shaking his head in confusion.
"Right, lissen up, got a plan..." He leaned closer and murmered his plan to Waldo.

>Tell Waldo my master plan, then run to the west stairs and charge down them, raising my sword and hacking and slashing at Sanya (and anyone who might aid her) in a bloodthirsty rage until she is (or they are) well-and-truly dead.

"You... Tried... To kill... me!! Raaah!"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:20:26 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2012, 11:26:35 pm »

"Ee- Ah! No! Get away! F... Fuck! I can't run!"

If I remember correctly, I have a blunt metal... stick thing.

After speaking words, try to hold Yurf off as best as possible with the beating stick!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:47:06 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2012, 11:47:50 pm »

New Plan: Return to Sanya's aid, using Word on Yurf. If that doesn't work, give him the lash.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 10, 2012, 12:15:59 am »

[Will:1-1]

The darkness consumes your mind.

When the world comes back into focus, both Yurf and Sanya are dead by your hand.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #538 on: December 10, 2012, 12:42:57 am »

Hm, a safe way to test...say, have people been PMing you their words?

"Gars!"
[pot:2]

Your chest tingles a bit, but nothing happens.

((Well. That's a thing.

Also I'm sure the fact that I'm making Will rolls is nothing to be concerned about and will in no way result in the feasting.))

Wait patiently and non-omnicidally. Away from Sanya, just to make sure.
[will:4-1]

The voices come back, louder and more violent; you can't stop yourself as you charge toward Sanya, but you can fight against it at the very least.

[dex:4-2]

You wait until the last moment, as your arm drags the scorge back, and jerk yourself to the side. The strike goes wide, the fangs gouging into the stone of the stairs  and liquid darkness oozing from them.

"Looks like no Skelebears for this drunkard. Not the first disapointment, prolly not the last."

Generic

((Wait, if that didn't work...... There is a word for Life. A word of power that literally summons a soul and possibly sentience for your automatons. This is ground-breaking. I must find that word.

I think the Word Irony is using is getting worse with each use, by my estimates. I wonder just what is behind that wall of deep shadow and flesh.))
[pot:1+1]
A tiny glass bead or marble drops to the ground in front of you.

"Dear god Alga, what... Just... Oh my. I feel kinda... woozy. Speaking of which, of all the things you could have made into a weapon, it has to be a tongue? I guess since I'm part mannequin there's nothing inherently wrong with it, but two females mostly away from everyone else with a gigantic tongue... Ergh. I think too much."

Think again of a weapon, this time a lightweight sword. Focus on the image of the sword, visualizing it's details- a rectangular, flat guard, a simple, long handle, and a thin, long sword with a single edge. Imagine the slightly curved edge, and the powers it could hide within itself. Seeking the unknown, speak with a simple whisper, knowing the power behind it.

Quielshar Hobitaeaod Shubha!
[pot:5]

The stone in front of you cracks and splits apart, vibrant green stalks bursting up through the ground and braiding themselves together, flowering and and growing leaves at an impossible rate, forming a staff 4 feet high. The tightly woven trunks split apart at  the top, forming a 4 pointed claw shape. Sap pours out into the space between the "fingers" of the claw and hardens into softball sized amber orb. A single leaf, glowing brilliantly green, is held within the orb. You reach out and grab the staff, it's roots giving way easily and letting you take it.

Actually i think ill get outta there while i still can, initiate manouvre 'fleeing thunder'

You stand by ready to fight when you notice that the flesh of your hand is fading back to normal. You drop the cleaver as the power in your hand dissipates and is replaced with normal skin and bone.

Thrakor watched the crystal golem go off on its own.  Huh.

Attempt Magic Plan Relly!

[pot:5+1]

An enormous pair of solid sliver, bird like wings appear in front of you and clang heavily to the ground.

Hmmm, I've got two mana. Let's see if this does anything...

Karenthar halthel?

Susan decides to go to any secluded spot on the first floor to experiment safely away from others.
You head down stairs and give your words a try.

[pot:3+1]

The air in front of you solidifies into flesh and in an instant there is another person standing in front of you, or at least what looks vaguely like another person. The Homunculus is fairly tall, pale and genderless, though male in build. It has a completely affectless expression and doesn't even seem to notice you as you wave your hand in front of it's face. Without a word it walks to the center of the gazebo area and sits down, still staring blankly ahead.

"Uh." Yurf stared blankly at Waldo for a long moment before shaking his head in confusion.
"Right, lissen up, got a plan..." He leaned closer and murmered his plan to Waldo.

>Tell Waldo my master plan, then run to the west stairs and charge down them, raising my sword and hacking and slashing at Sanya in a bloodthirsty rage until she is well-and-truly dead.

"You... Tried... To kill... me!! Raaah!"

"Ee- Ah! No! Get away! F... Fuck! I can't run!"

If I remember correctly, I have a blunt metal... stick thing.

After speaking words, try to hold Yurf off as best as possible with the beating stick!
New Plan: Return to Sanya's aid, using Word on Yurf. If that doesn't work, give him the lash.

[yurf dex:3]
[Waldo dex:6]
[sayna dex:2]
[alga dex:3-1]

Waldo reaches the forming melee first and, lacking his cleaver, shouts his chosen magical word at Sanya.
[pot:5+1]
The ensuing electrical storm covers Sanya and within seconds her ashes are crumbing down onto the stairs. Her staff clatters down the stairs to the second floor.

[Sanya is dead, Waldo gains a point]

Yurf arrives a few seconds too late to kill Sanya, but Alga, half berserk, is more then happy to give him an opponent.
[yurf dex:2]
[alga dex:4-1]

Yurf dodges back and raises his sword as Alga lashes out at him. The whip wraps itself around his sword and darkness begins to pour out of it, coating the sword and flowing toward Yurf's hand.

The Living crystal wanders out of the east stairs on the ground floor and begins heading for the gazebo area, moving slowly and carefully on it's thin legs.

Ester Appears on the third floor, central platform.

ester:Green: Pool:3/3 [Third floor, central platform.]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [second floor, east stairs]
YURF(4): Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified,right toe cut off.)  [third floor, west stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:1/3 [first floor, South stairs]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Alga: Light blue: Pool:2/2 (right arm Corrupted.) [third floor, on west stairs]
Waldo(2): Dark red: Pool:3/3 [Third floor, west stairs] 

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 02:03:06 am by piecewise »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:21 am »

((Shouldn't I be getting a +1 to Dex?
Also, nice shootin', pard! :P Glad that electrical storm didn't hit me.))

"Gah! Shit!"
Yurf went wide-eyed as the seemingly-live darkness reached for him from the woman's strange whip. He regretfully shoved the hilt of his sword away from him, then turned and rushed down the stairs, shouting to Waldo as he did so,
"Can ya blast this one, too?!"

>Forcefully shove the sword away, letting go before the darkness comes into contact with me.

>Then flee down the stairs to Sanya's staff, quickly touching it with my mummified hand. If that has no nasty effects, pick it up with my left hand for use as a club. Prepare to defend self from attackers/dive away from magical attacks as appropriate. If I have a chance, run back to the south stairs and stay out of sight.

>Once thus armed, go help Waldo lay a beatdown on Alga with my new whacking stick.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:03:57 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 435