Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961755 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Impotance and Puns
« Reply #675 on: December 12, 2012, 05:26:41 pm »

"Alright, then I'll back off. You might miss me though if that mad botanist over there sets up a Little Shop of Horrors. Just run away if anything says 'FEED ME'."

Follow Possibly to the third floor. Use the Mag-ma if someone tries to kill me.

"We're not the best fighters, are we? Still, there might be some spells here that could power us up. Let's see what we can do if we work together."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: December 12, 2012, 05:29:39 pm »

well seeing as i no longer have to worry about hydrus and possibly attacking me i belive i will do different garden science.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 12, 2012, 05:30:22 pm »

"[Is confidential. And stuff.]" "Why not."
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 12, 2012, 06:03:11 pm »

Head towards the south stairs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #679 on: December 12, 2012, 10:20:01 pm »

In case you're wondering why we're waiting, its because we Need Choobakka's input on his little scrap with Susan. However, if he doesn't show up somewhat soon I'm just gonna sort of skip over their fight for now and do everyone else's turns until we get a response from him.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: December 12, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

Sorry about that. Baldur's Gate distracted me for about six hours.

PUNCH THE SUSAN, IGNORE THE HOMUNCULUS!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #681 on: December 12, 2012, 11:44:32 pm »

"Hydrus, Thunder-Punch, this is pretty sad. Ah've got a dislocated arm and ye' two are playin' children's games. Given limitless power, and this is what we do with it."

Pity, then go to the third floor, onto the small area in the center. Try to shove my arm back into socket. Say Generic.

((We are terrible at murder, aren't we?))
You climb down the south stairs and walk to the platform in the middle . Once there you try and relocate your shoulder.

[str:3-1]
You shove at your shoulder, struggling against the pain, but can't get it back in. You groan and stop trying for now, instead giving magic a try.

[pot: 5+1]

The stone splits and a sturdy wooden rod, 7 feet long, grows from the ground, a scattered few leaves sprouting from it's end.

"Alright, then I'll back off. You might miss me though if that mad botanist over there sets up a Little Shop of Horrors. Just run away if anything says 'FEED ME'."

Follow Possibly to the third floor. Use the Mag-ma if someone tries to kill me.

"We're not the best fighters, are we? Still, there might be some spells here that could power us up. Let's see what we can do if we work together."
You retreat to the third floor with Possibly, looking back at Thrakor with equal parts disdain and fear.

Thrakor peeks out.

"You team up, try to ambush me, and want peace?  It's probably a bad idea, but I will accept if you leave the floor."

Back off if he leaves.  Otherwise, continue with attack.
You sit down behind your stone and sigh. All this power was immensely helpful, but it painted a big target on your back. How long till another came to try and take your throne?

well seeing as i no longer have to worry about hydrus and possibly attacking me i belive i will do different garden science.
[will:4]
The fruit change, becoming much larger and heavier. Through their thin skins you can see a cluster of black thorns, like organic shrapnel, wrapped around some sort of strange organic mass in the center.

Head towards the south stairs.

You walk to the south stairs. That was easy.

Sorry about that. Baldur's Gate distracted me for about six hours.

PUNCH THE SUSAN, IGNORE THE HOMUNCULUS!

Susan yells garstopit at Alexander again and hides behind the homunculus.
[susan dex:6-1]
[alex dex:2-1]

[susan pot:6+1]
[alex dex:2-1]

Alexander draws his fist back...and is promptly enveloped in a hellish maelstrom of poisonous, corrosive green gas and twisting black tendrils. He's dead before the cloud can even dissipate.

[Alex is dead. Susan Gains a point.]

Talos Appears on the second floor, next to the north stairs!

Talos:Spinal_tapper: Pool:4/4 [second floor, North stairs]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [forth floor, south stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 3/4 fourth floor, north stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:1/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel, left shoulder dislocated.) [third floor, center platform.]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:1/3 [first floor,center]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North west side]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:2/2  [third floor, center platform.]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:3/5 (plant staff) [Fourth floor, West stairs.]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:46:20 pm by piecewise »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: December 13, 2012, 12:01:07 am »

count my altered fruit then use my superior dexterity to carefully throw one off the edge of the level whilst not going close enough to the edge to expose myself to spells cast by greedy or angered mages.
command the grass to spread further across the level and to grow up the pillars.

If attacked throw my fruit at my attacker and command it to burst as it strikes or passes them.

If not attacked cast words on the floor near thrakor

i told thee i would be back Bridge, now ye shall feel my wrath
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:36:02 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: December 13, 2012, 12:03:25 am »

Run. Hide. Watch. Learn.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: December 13, 2012, 12:08:42 am »

"Hey, as nice as this platform is and all, I can't help but feel vulnerable here. Follow me, and I'll try to help you with that arm of yours. Oh, and take that walking stick of yours with you... It doesn't seem too useful now, but some wood might be really helpful in the near future."

Walk to the southeast portion of the third floor, and help Possibly with his shoulder. Then face the wall and say Thomas Jonathan Jackson. Unless either me or Possibly is attacked, in which case I will use Disco Inferno to hopefully vaporize the bastard.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #685 on: December 13, 2012, 03:02:47 am »

"That was scary. Wonder if I can move the tattoo to a piece of paper."

Selande says "Hancal Zaralo Gars" while imaging a glowing tattoo on a piece of paper.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2012, 08:46:35 am »

At what price power?

Go down the north stairs and get my thunderball.  Go back up the east stairs all the way to the fourth floor, and go to the 2:00 position.

Chuck a lightning bolt at anyone who attacks me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:17 am »

Pick up the staff. Activate it with thought. Try again to 'fix' my shoulder.

((Hoping this works how I thought it would work.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #688 on: December 13, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »

count my altered fruit then use my superior dexterity to carefully throw one off the edge of the level whilst not going close enough to the edge to expose myself to spells cast by greedy or angered mages.
command the grass to spread further across the level and to grow up the pillars.

If attacked throw my fruit at my attacker and command it to burst as it strikes or passes them.

If not attacked cast words on the floor near thrakor

i told thee i would be back Bridge, now ye shall feel my wrath
"Hey, as nice as this platform is and all, I can't help but feel vulnerable here. Follow me, and I'll try to help you with that arm of yours. Oh, and take that walking stick of yours with you... It doesn't seem too useful now, but some wood might be really helpful in the near future."

Walk to the southeast portion of the third floor, and help Possibly with his shoulder. Then face the wall and say Thomas Jonathan Jackson. Unless either me or Possibly is attacked, in which case I will use Disco Inferno to hopefully vaporize the bastard.
Pick up the staff. Activate it with thought. Try again to 'fix' my shoulder.

((Hoping this works how I thought it would work.))

[Possibly dex:5]
[hydrus dex:1]
[waldo dex: 5+1]

[Waldo dex:3+1]
Waldo hucks one of his five fruit off the edge of the level. It falls in a sharp arc and lands on the west rope bridge, on the end attached to  the circular ledge. The second the rind of the fruit breaks a half dozen vines, each studded with massive thorns, explode out, lashing like bullwhips. They shatter the wooden planks around them and sever the ropes; the rope bridge falls, the remaining 3/4ths dangling from the central platform.

His demolition work done, Waldo moves on to construction.
[pot:1+1]

Unfortunately, nothing seems to happen when he tries his words. How disappointing.

Possibly, ignoring the destruction of the bridge, grabs the newly formed staff and mentally commands it to heal him. Nothing happens.

Hydrus grabs Possibly and leads him back across the south bridge and over into the south east area before trying one of his own spells.
[pot:2+1]
A thin sheet of stone, maybe a foot square and vertically oriented, appears and falls to the ground, cracking in half when it hits.

Run. Hide. Watch. Learn.
You run into the north stairs and hide, trying to listen for any sort of magic words being spoken. However you can't hear anything specific being said.

"That was scary. Wonder if I can move the tattoo to a piece of paper."

Selande says "Hancal Zaralo Gars" while imaging a glowing tattoo on a piece of paper.

[pot:4-1]
The mark appears on your chest once again, however this time it includes an additional symbol to the one it had before. An instant later your entire chest has transformed into silver and you're face planted on the ground again, the weight of your chest even greater now.

At what price power?

Go down the north stairs and get my thunderball.  Go back up the east stairs all the way to the fourth floor, and go to the 2:00 position.

Chuck a lightning bolt at anyone who attacks me.

You have enough time to climb down stairs to the first floor and retrieve your lightning ball, but not enough to do anything else.

Talos:spinal_tapper: Pool:4/4 [second floor, North stairs]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [forth floor, south stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 1/4(pinned) [fourth floor, north stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:2/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel, left shoulder dislocated.) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/3 [first floor,center]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[First floor, North west side]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:1/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:1/5 (plant staff) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #689 on: December 13, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »

"Gah! Hard- to- breath-" Selande was regretting her decision to experiment with words she didn't fully understand. But now she knew more than last time. The tattoo would fade with time. Hopefully.

While Selande wait for the tattoo to stop glowing she attempt to see if she can replicate the tattoo as faithfully as possibly on the ground with all the weight pressuring her. Maybe that could affect the environment without using words.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 435