Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958631 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1500 on: January 14, 2013, 03:52:08 pm »

I wonder, what would recycled evil magi do? Make tires?
Nah, paper. And some ink. Recycled magi = magic books.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 14, 2013, 03:53:41 pm »

I wonder, what would recycled evil magi do? Make tires?
Nah, paper. And some ink. Recycled magi = magic books.
Evil magic books... I sense a weird parallel in the making. Considering we are all holding magical books with no purpose beyond combat, and every time one of us dies another random person with a new book shows up.

Recycling!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 14, 2013, 03:53:52 pm »

Toaster..... Both you and null have +2 to dexterity....
Meaning you can't fail at dodging...,.

That fight will last long, unless you create something indodgeable....

Several things I've casted have been so big they were undodgable.  However, see:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You snap your hand up, aiming in a rush and fire off a lightning fast burst of black, corrosive tendrils from your finger tip. It screams through the air toward Null but just before hitting him it seems to hit an invisible wall, bunching up into a wad of burning toxic ooze. The Ooze consolidates itself into a twitching mass in front of Null and then fires itself back at you.

[dex:5+2]

You evade the poison easily, dodging to the side as the toxin slams into the wall behind you.

That was Garstopit-based.  I'm hoping my boosted and hasted lightning golem can either overwhelm him or distract him to the point he can't attack/counter me.  Not everything he does is unstoppable- his snake went down pretty easily.  Having large and/or sharp crystal things to chuck at him will make things easier.  His shield appears to be a contest of wills- at only +1 advantage to him, I can beat that eventually.

Also, I could always make a cloth-control staff and make his clothes attempt to strangle him.  (Or just strip him nude and laugh at his little willy.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 14, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »

Nah, we get five people to use Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Blood (Heart) and we summon Captain Planet and he recycles Null to death.
Im all for this... except id use the word for human instead of blood so he actually comes out as captain planet and not a bleeding volcanic rock spewing steam

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You snap your hand up, aiming in a rush and fire off a lightning fast burst of black, corrosive tendrils from your finger tip. It screams through the air toward Null but just before hitting him it seems to hit an invisible wall, bunching up into a wad of burning toxic ooze. The Ooze consolidates itself into a twitching mass in front of Null and then fires itself back at you.

[dex:5+2]

You evade the poison easily, dodging to the side as the toxin slams into the wall behind you.

That was Garstopit-based.  I'm hoping my boosted and hasted lightning golem can either overwhelm him or distract him to the point he can't attack/counter me.  Not everything he does is unstoppable- his snake went down pretty easily.  Having large and/or sharp crystal things to chuck at him will make things easier.  His shield appears to be a contest of wills- at only +1 advantage to him, I can beat that eventually.

Also, I could always make a cloth-control staff and make his clothes attempt to strangle him.  (Or just strip him nude and laugh at his little willy.)

Yay you read my first plan... minus the penis jokes
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:58:19 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 14, 2013, 04:02:21 pm »

Wait a second. I think there's something we're missing here. Remember how there are supposedly spells to increase your stats/regen mana/etc? Maybe sheilding is another word. We need to make his magic cells short circuit.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 14, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

Auras are effectively shields.... An arcane aura might incinerate anything it touches

Btw I know how to kill null now.....

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 14, 2013, 04:06:04 pm »

I had that thought alteady... null has the ability to redirect spells and stuff so what happens if he directs your aura inwards?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 14, 2013, 04:16:29 pm »

Its an aura.....
Not a solid object......

To beat null, you must kill him through method of the [pg4word] tactic as pg4 refers to the mind and he has a +1 to will meaning he may not succeed in his plans

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 14, 2013, 04:18:49 pm »

Honestly? I'm thinking we should kill Null with a dedicated strike team, he seems perfectly capable of beating a pg4 word with his will score, and so far he has proven himself more than capable of overwhelming any single adversary. So far the only reason Thrakor hasn't died is high rolls. Same for Null, but luck can only last so long.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 14, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »

He will slaughter all of you.....

Unless you get lucky

Pg4 words require a will to resist

He has a +1 which if he rolls a 1+1 in resisting he fails

Otherwise it will be a back and forth......

So you could effectively mind control/influence/weaken/strengthen Null

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 14, 2013, 04:40:28 pm »

Pg4 words require a will to resist

Not all of them.

He has a +1 which if he rolls a 1+1 in resisting he fails

I'm pretty sure it should be +2.  Will rolls involving sentient beings seem to be opposed checks as well, which adds more complexity.

I know a word of protection...

You drop the ball straight onto your foot. The next thing you know you're several feet away, laying on your back, Your foot burnt and your hair standing on end.

"Ouch."

The air all around you, about a half an inch from your skin,  shimmers and glows. The glow fades until the envelope around you is barely visible.  And it stays that way for the time being.  How curious.

You touch one of the stones. Nothing happens. You pick up your ball. Nothing happens. You let it drop onto your exposed foot. Nothing happens. You cock your head to the side and pick up your ball with your left hand. Nothing happens. You rub the ball against your face. Nothing happens.

You drop the ball and grin. A moment later the strange glowing field vanishes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 14, 2013, 06:25:21 pm »

Screw it, I don't feel like being subtle anymore. And we're already spreading magical knowledge willy-nilly. And it's not like these words aren't common knowledge.

"Je'Rael-Cainthalsaz! Hurry!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 14, 2013, 06:27:09 pm »

Screw it, I don't feel like being subtle anymore. And we're already spreading magical knowledge willy-nilly. And it's not like these words aren't common knowledge.

"Je'Rael-Cainthalsaz! Hurry!"
Are you... are you high?
Go home, GWG, you are drunk.

In all seriousness I cannot wait to see how this one turns out.
Greater Collection

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 14, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »

Not high, not drunk, just desperate. And extremely interested to see what happens.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 14, 2013, 06:52:34 pm »

Last time you did that, the energy dissipated, and you didn't have a hand.....

So obviously according to your logic, the smart thing to do is to do it with your arm?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 435