Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961739 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1680 on: January 18, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

Your gonna make yourself huge and step on null?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 18, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »

I can offer a staff enchanting service so every one of us mages has a huge staff!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 18, 2013, 08:30:34 pm »

Your gonna make yourself huge-snip-?

I can offer a staff enchanting service so every one of us mages has a huge staff!

The staff is my hammer.
If you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:44:19 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 18, 2013, 08:34:03 pm »

The staff is my hammer.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1684 on: January 18, 2013, 08:59:23 pm »

Um...crap.

Words, fast! Also duck and cover, both from my attack and Pariah's.
[dex:6+1]
[Bear dex:5]
[pot:4]
You summon up a pair of glowing, multi-color arcane...legs. They stand there for a moment, perfectly balanced, and then fall over. Helpful.

The bear, not bothered by these limbs, decides to step on you.
[dex:4+1]
[bear dex:6]
You leap to the side but not quite quick enough to completely avoid the bear's blow. Alas, your right leg gets crushed, smashed, pulped and otherwise bothered into a fine mess of bleeding meat and bone.
[end:2+3]
You don't pass out, but only just. You do however go into pretty much instant shock and start foaming from the mouth.

[You's gonna die: 2 turns]

60-odd turns later, I finally fix my fucking arm.
Lol, congrats

Run to least occupied area then stuff
Well, least occupied area is probably the 3rd floor stairs so...You run to the third floor south stairs and try to use your brain.
[will: 3-1]
Your attempt to use your brain has failed.

"Okay, so far so good. Now let's see about that bet..."

Head over to Tamara. Once again, punch aggressors in the throat if I'm attacked.

You walk over to the south stairs and climb on down to the first floor, meeting up with Tamara and passing Steve on the way.

Descend south stairs down to the first floor. Look around. Avoid deathbear.
You walk to the south stairs and head down. Looks like we got lots of people around here. Got Tamara, Got Larry, Got Phil over there in a screaming pile. Hi Phil! Got a giant death bear That seems very unhappy with phil. It's practically a party.

ROTHCALTAL ZARAL
You would say that but you get interrupted. Namely because that Zenthol Cat you sort of half summoned is starting to bite/disolve it's way through your leg.

I am at a disadvantage- he's acting and I'm reacting.  I need to get the upper hand, and I don't think this is the turn.

"I thought you'd summon nevermore!  Gwah hah hah!

Magical defense GO!
[dex:6+2]
[bird dex:6]
[Null dex:3+2]

[pot:6+2]

You summon a pair of wind legs. They're a very nice pair of wind legs, a 7 foot tall pair of wind legs. But not a very helpful pair of wind legs, to be completely honest.

Wind legs.

[dex:3+2]
[bird dex:1]
"Well...crap." You run down into the stairwell as the swarm of flaming birds follow in hot pursuit. 
[dex:6+2]
You turn to face them once you have them in an enclosed space and proceed to, with kungful master like skills, twack each and every one of the flaming bastards right out of the air. The combination of stabbing crystals and electricity proves very unhelpful to their prospects of living.

You stand over their ash-ifying corpses and shout. "Come on, Nully, gotta do better then that!"
[null pot:5+3]
[Null will:4+3]
[str:3+1]

Your staff is ripped from your grasp by some unseen force and smashes into about a million pieces against the stairs. You stare at it for a long time, sniffing and promising yourself you're not gonna cry.

"Damn it."

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:4/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, south area.]

Phil(6):Greatwyrmgold: pool:4/4 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up. Right leg reduced to hamburger meat][first floor, south area]

Larry:wwolin: Pool 0/0: [first floor, South area]

The Nose:harry:Pool 0/0: [first floor, south stairs]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:4/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:3/5 (Right hand and left arm made of electricity. Torso marked.)[Second floor,North stairs.]

Bobo:akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [Fourth floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (steel staff)[Third floor, south stairs]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 18, 2013, 09:06:17 pm »

Oy, that word isn't explosion!

"Now you're just an asshole!"

Run around the second floor looking for a discarded weapon that won't kill me if I pick it up.  Chuck it at Null.  Failing that, just head for the south stairs.  Totally not burning a turn to get one more pool point.

Everyone but me is on some level of the south stairs.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 18, 2013, 09:09:15 pm »

Run around the second floor looking for a discarded weapon that won't kill me if I pick it up.  Chuck it at Null.  Failing that, just head for the south stairs.  Totally not burning a turn to get one more pool point.

Note:
  • Tarocal: Legs
  • Talo: Explosion

Very important distinction that two people seem to have mistaken recently. That, or Piecewise and his insanely similar names but not meanings have tripped up the GM once again. Can never really be sure about that sort of thing.

Secondary Note:
When I get back, if I hear you say 'oi' one more time, I will turn you into a cricket. Demigod status be damned! Possibly is the heavily-accented Scott on this thread.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:11:01 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 18, 2013, 09:16:09 pm »

Shit...

move to least occupied stairwell on the same floor, do stuff, make brain be smarter.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:16:28 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1688 on: January 18, 2013, 10:11:03 pm »

Note:

Very important distinction that two people seem to have mistaken recently. That, or Piecewise and his insanely similar names but not meanings have tripped up the GM once again. Can never really be sure about that sort of thing.

Secondary Note:
When I get back, if I hear you say 'oi' one more time, I will turn you into a cricket. Demigod status be damned! Possibly is the heavily-accented Scott on this thread.

Nope, I double checked. Some people just have the wrong idea about what words mean.

That italic is a clue that you are also incorrect.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 18, 2013, 10:24:04 pm »

...Something tells me I didn't type what I thought I typed. I coulda sworn I was going to summon a Cainthalsaz explosion...

I will say Zaral Harial, Shoshashzel Balethe and hope I'm not wearing flammable pants.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:20 pm »

I cant believe null broke waldos crystal lightning staff of doom :(
The only thing left of his legacy is a snapped bridge and a pile of glitter on the floor :(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:35:16 pm by Unholy_Pariah »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 18, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »

The glitter's probably gone by now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 18, 2013, 10:56:52 pm »

Im think im going to go cry now

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 18, 2013, 11:30:45 pm »

Note:

Yeah, that was Talo.  Oh well- my kung-fu was strong enough anyway.

I cant believe null broke waldos crystal lightning staff of doom :(
The only thing left of his legacy is a snapped bridge and a pile of glitter on the floor :(

And Null broke all the bridges, so breaking that one doesn't matter any more.  But yeah, I has a sad.  It does free me to change my next action slightly, though!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 18, 2013, 11:48:48 pm »

Anyone know the words for chitin or bone?

I suddenly have the desire to turn my guy into a 7 foot tall preying mantis once i get a few more souls under my belt

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 435