Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962040 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1740 on: January 20, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »

well fuck it appears i accidentally turned my character into Steve Irwin wearing a pirate suit
...That so deserves to be sigged.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 21, 2013, 12:02:51 am »

I just hope my winged bone chestplate dosen kill me
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 21, 2013, 12:07:27 am »

"Did you see that? Real magic! Oh man, this is so damn cool!"

Use new-found powers for good!
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 21, 2013, 12:13:37 am »

Use new-found powers for good personal gain!
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 21, 2013, 12:34:13 am »

Note to self- don't morph back without fixing chest first.

Run up to whatever level Null is level with or above, then flying leap tackle him and take him down with me.  Pummel.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1745 on: January 21, 2013, 01:01:14 am »

If null looks like he's going to kill someone, somebody else should try and steal the kill. It'd be a shame to see the points disapear, or worse have null get them.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 21, 2013, 01:14:01 am »

((Doesn't null have that magic sword with unknown qualities? Pummeling him might not end well))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 21, 2013, 01:15:42 am »

If null looks like he's going to kill someone, somebody else should try and steal the kill. It'd be a shame to see the points disapear, or worse have null get them.

He's maxed out.

((Doesn't null have that magic sword with unknown qualities? Pummeling him might not end well))

Well, he did evade me rather than face stab me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 21, 2013, 01:21:52 am »

"Murdering the injured. Always loved it."

+6 Dexterity. Walk up to Tamara looking as harmless as possible, given the circumstances. Prepare to dodge from all directions in case of trouble. Hide from sight in the south stairwell.

Alright, Nosey, don't screw up. I repeat, don't screw up. It is vitally important that you don't screw up.

"Hi! I'm the Nose! Who would you be? I'm quite pleased to meet you and all, but I wanted to ask you something. You made a spear for that guy over there, right? How'd you do that? Looked like magic, you know. So here I was thinkin' "Nosey, you're a smart enough guy, but you ain't ever gonna be a real wizard, so stop pretendin' you might be. You'd best just stick with a wizard." So I thought - why don't I work as a bodyguard for a wizard, and in return I'd get, like, weapons and stuff? I could even kill someone halfway for you and then allow you to do the rest so you'd become an even better wizard! Whaddaya think?"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:06:47 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25:54 am »

Not pummeling Null, pummeling the same guy he's pummeling.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:11 am »

+6 Dexterity. Walk up to Tamara looking as harmless as possible, given the circumstances. Prepare to dodge from all directions in case of trouble.

Alright, Nosey, don't screw up. I repeat, don't screw up. It is vitally important that you don't screw up.

"Hi! I'm the Nose! Who would you be? I'm quite pleased to meet you and all, but I wanted to ask you something. You made a spear for that guy over there, right? How'd you do that? Looked like magic, you know. So here I was thinkin' "Nosey, you're a smart enough guy, but you ain't ever gonna be a real wizard, so stop pretendin' you might be. You'd best just stick with a wizard." So I thought - why don't I work as a bodyguard for a wizard, and in return I'd get, like, weapons and stuff? I could even kill someone halfway for you and then allow you to do the rest so you'd become an even better wizard! Whaddaya think?"

"I'm glad to take the offer. If you have an idea of what you'd like, I can try it, if not, I'll try and make something that won't kill you and me and everyone else by accident."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:40 am »

"I'm glad to take the offer. If you have an idea of what you'd like, I can try it, if not, I'll try and make something that won't kill you and me and everyone else by accident."

"Fantastic idea! I'd like something I could stab people with. A spear, dagger, maybe an axe if you know how to make one. But something safe, please."

He looks around suspiciously.

"Maybe we should go to a different floor first, though. The people around here don't look... stable, exactly."

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 21, 2013, 09:24:00 pm »

I'm not all that worried about them, since they haven't tried to kill me and I haven't given them reason to... You're kind of targetable, what with that point, so just stick around me and if someone tries to kill you until you get your weapon I'll be sure to Rothon them into vapor.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1753 on: January 22, 2013, 02:36:48 am »

become smart goddamnit, make cupsworth do stuff

[will:5-1]
The bear stops trying to murder you and appears to be on your side, though you're not sure how devoted he really is.

((Yay my turn, I will avenge you GWG))

Yell to Satan's char "Do you want to make an alliance"

say "Shubhallethel Aels Donbel" while concentrating if anyone trys anything yell "Cainthalsaz Rothon Donthel" or if they get close say "cainthalsaz Je Real"

[pot:6+1]
You get a nice shimmery image of a chestplate with wings made out of spears. It vanishes a moment later

Use new-found powers for good!
[will:4+1]
[Nose will:3]
[nose end:2+1]

The Nose suddenly falls to his knees, coughing blood and spasming violently as his chest seems to crush inward of it's own accord.

+6 Dexterity. Walk up to Tamara looking as harmless as possible, given the circumstances. Prepare to dodge from all directions in case of trouble. Hide from sight in the south stairwell.

You walk up to Tamara and get about half way through your speech before your ribs break themselves and stab into your lungs.

[drowning on your own blood: 2 turns left]

Note to self- don't morph back without fixing chest first.

Run up to whatever level Null is level with or above, then flying leap tackle him and take him down with me.  Pummel.
[Dex:1+4]
[Null dex:6+4]
[Null Will:3+3]
[Null pot:6+3]
[str:6+1]
That same invisible force rips you from the ground and into the air, hurling you up towards Null. You stop  maybe a foot away from him, held spread eagle in mid-air. He idly spins his blade near you, its point hissing past your face.

"You've got a lot of force but no finesse. Wise up quickly or I'll put an end to this."

With that he flicks his wrist and you go flying onto the third floor platform.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:2/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, south area.]

Corsair:Corsair: pool 1/3: [fourth floor, east area]

Larry:wwolin: Pool 0/0: [Bone spear of the wind] [Third floor, Center platform]

The Nose(7):harry:Pool 0/0: (Bleeding internally) [first floor, south stairs]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:4/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:2/5 (Whole body made of arcane energy, fast.)[Third floor, center platform.]

Bobo:akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [Fourth floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 (steel staff)[Third floor, North stairs]

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 22, 2013, 02:57:47 am »

Larry's jaw drops. "OHMYGOD, OHMYGOD, I'M STANDING NEXT TO NULL AND THRAKOR AT THE SAME TIME! Hey, do you think whichever one of you wins this fight could sign my book when you're done? I really want a cool memento on the off chance that I'm somehow able to go home after this."

Use wind to rocket up to a fifth floor pillar. Then blow apart The Nose's spinal column with bone magic.

"Hey, Tamara, you can have any blood that he coughs up if you want it. I know you've got that staff and all for it, and I owe you one for making this thing for me."
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 03:14:08 am by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 435