Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962301 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2325 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:51 pm »

Well, transforming single limbs or entire bodies hasn't killed anyone yet, and someone did something horrible to their chest temporarily and they were fine afterwards.

Don't turn your lungs into kittens though.  That doesn't work.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: February 19, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »

That's because flesh needs a blood supply, but if you turn all your organs in your chest+plus all your blood in your chest into a gas, you don't have blood flowing to your head, or limbs.
You can't have blood flow without a solid heart.

Maybe solids would work, but gases..... especially corrosive ones, are too dangerous

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: February 19, 2013, 04:04:13 pm »

Gars Kenthablaw? 8)

((Wait a minute, that's what Gars does? I think I actually tried Gars on its own once.

EDIT: Ah, it seems to be a torso word. I should probably reread the entire thread. Will simplify things quite a bit, I bet.))
it is torso... But turning your torso into wood can be dangerous if you don't have high will, as blood won't get through your body....But if you roll good, you won't have any problems with heart stopping for a while

Not as bad as turning only your torso into gas.....

I turned my hips down into wood at some point and broke off a fake leg. I had no will rolls, so, as long as the spell works right, I don't think rolls are involved with that.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: February 19, 2013, 04:10:20 pm »

Well.... There is a difference between your legs and your torso.....
Your legs don't have any vital organs...
Your torso has almost all of them..,,

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: February 19, 2013, 04:14:24 pm »

Your legs are crucial for bloodflow. Very very dangerous to get shot in the leg.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: February 19, 2013, 04:22:24 pm »

But you don't need legs to survive, you bleed out because you have ridiculous arteries in your legs
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wonder how your blood would flow when your heart is now vapors, or how your brain would get oxygen without lungs

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: February 19, 2013, 04:24:22 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: February 19, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »

I think Derm is right.  Considering we've had bodies of solid rubber and arcane energy with no ill effects, I don't think a gaseous torso is going to kill you.

Also, just ask Null.

You punch the insulting stone sign. It sort of explodes violently as you do so. You try to grab one of the larger stones but that stone explodes as you touch it.

"Wait, shouldn't that mean the stone under my feet should be exploding too?"

"Don't second guess magic." Null says, idly picking his teeth while a stone throne rises out of the ground  for him to sit on.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: February 19, 2013, 06:57:45 pm »

"Sir, I am a floating cloud of energy that is still somehow bound by the laws of gravity. Do not even begin to question these things. The universe just might answer, and no one here would like that."

Word

Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: February 19, 2013, 09:44:37 pm »

"Ah, 'tis abaht tahm fo' some fayuh fortune."

(I'm trying to imitate the accent of Stephen Blackpool of Hard Times and failing miserably. Help?)

Draw circle using the ink.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: February 19, 2013, 09:49:47 pm »

Finally someone screws with runes.  Tempted to draw something on my "mace" but I have no clue what I'd get.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2336 on: February 20, 2013, 03:56:53 pm »

Be annoyed at loading times. Tap foot impatiently. Also, you know, dodge.

ANGRY LOADING!

Find some weakling to beat too death.

You choose rand. Since rand hasn't moved. And seeing as he's brain dead, you just walk over and shove him off the edge of the arena.

[you gain 1 point]

I'm going to assume that you mean "still too big for a mere mortal to lift" massive.

Thrakor cocks an eyebrow.  "Mr. Mace?  Can you hear me?  Can you make yourself a more manageable size?"

Ask the mace.  If nothing happens, try again to make it normal-sized.

[will:3+2]

The mace reconfigures itself into a size that you can manage.

"I love you, mr. mace."

"~I aaaammmm... bored!~"

Do Things.

You climb out of your protective bunker and say a word.
[Pot:6+2]
You get a goddamn massive hunk of diamond. I mean it is Fucking massive. Like, camper trailer sized.

"Bling Bling."

"Sir, I am a floating cloud of energy that is still somehow bound by the laws of gravity. Do not even begin to question these things. The universe just might answer, and no one here would like that."

Word
(In truth it's best not to question the laws of physics. Lest they might take notice of you and begin to enforce themselves.)

[pot:1+1]

What a lovely image of fucking nothing you've got there.

"Ah, 'tis abaht tahm fo' some fayuh fortune."

(I'm trying to imitate the accent of Stephen Blackpool of Hard Times and failing miserably. Help?)

Draw circle using the ink.
[pot:6]
You dip your finger in the ink and draw up the circle you have in mind. It doesn't even cost you any mana.

(By the way everyone; you can hide the circle you're drawing, send pm's about it and stuff, but if someone comes up and looks at it, I'll have to show what it is.)

NAHERE JOINS THE PARTY!

Also, for the sake of fun, from now till whenever (Either I realize it was a horrible idea or It becomes standard), If you are not actively in combat, your pool completely regenerates at the end of every turn. For the sake of science and less waiting around for no reason.

Corsair:Corsair: Pool:4/4 [Third floor, center platform.]

Stephen:GWG: pool:1/1 [third floor, south stairs]

Baba(1):Akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [First floor, west stairs]

Royce:Onyxjew:Pool 2/2: (Spider man. body of arcane energy)(no legs)[5th floor, North area, on pillar]

Tod-1(14):Harry: Pool:6/6 [first floor, east stairs]

Thrakor(31):Toaster: Pool:5/5 [Third floor, east stairs]

Nahere:: Pool: 3/3 [second floor, west stairs]

Derm:Derm:Pool:4/4 [second floor, west stairs]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 03:58:42 pm by piecewise »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: February 20, 2013, 03:58:45 pm »

Oh fucking hell yes.

Things!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: February 20, 2013, 04:00:34 pm »

Oh yeah, NOW you change that.  :P  Does it apply when you're drawing stupidly huge rune circles?  (You have pool five, draw five runes every turn, etc)

In any case, I have a duel to the death to take care of. 

"Okay, Mr. Null.  Let's do this."

Head down to the first floor with my useful-sized mace.  Give it a few swings on the way down to see how it feels.  Get ready to duel Null.  If he attacks, club him in the kneecap.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: February 20, 2013, 04:08:54 pm »

((Well, that sure is a handy change.))

"~Blingety-bling, oh yes!~"

Science things.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 435