Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961908 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #2430 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15:50 am »

I was just getting somewhere!
As was I.
As was I, but all three of us are still going to be able to continue whatever it was we were doing after the shift. Or at least that's the idea I'm getting from all this.
'Twas my point.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2431 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »

Alright, since It looks like I'll be keeping you all waiting for a while, I'll keep you up to to date on how it's progressing.

Today I finished setting up another one of the 16 areas, got 3 new optional bosses done, Fleshed out one of the 8 main bosses, and am continuing to work on the Gods system, trying to get their pros and con's balanced.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: February 24, 2013, 09:21:51 pm »

Alright, since It looks like I'll be keeping you all waiting for a while, I'll keep you up to to date on how it's progressing.

Today I finished setting up another one of the 16 areas, got 3 new optional bosses done, Fleshed out one of the 8 main bosses, and am continuing to work on the Gods system, trying to get their pros and con's balanced.
Wow, you're really going all out on this. The detail is admirable, and it should be even more so when we are exploring it. I approve.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: February 24, 2013, 10:15:53 pm »

You certainly don't half-ass things, do you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2434 on: February 24, 2013, 10:26:25 pm »

Wow, you're really going all out on this. The detail is admirable, and it should be even more so when we are exploring it. I approve.

You certainly don't half-ass things, do you?
I am all ass, all the time.

Anyways, I'm basically trying to do what amounts to a RTD Roguelike here, complete with lots of secrets,a degree of random loot, interconnected paths and "ambient story" if that phrase makes any sense.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: February 24, 2013, 10:36:07 pm »

Will the gods be balanced with atheism?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2436 on: February 24, 2013, 10:39:26 pm »

Will the gods be balanced with atheism?
Well, you don't have to use them, if thats what you're asking. They provide bonuses and negatives and can influence how you play, but you can certainly complete the game without them.

Hell, you can (Probably) complete the game without using magic. It will just be really really hard.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: February 24, 2013, 11:16:18 pm »

...That's not terribly encouraging...

Will you be forced to stick to one patron deity or will you be able to use multiple?
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2438 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:17 am »

...That's not terribly encouraging...

Will you be forced to stick to one patron deity or will you be able to use multiple?
One. Now that you mention it I'll probably add some sort of bonus for not having a patron god. Although our gods aren't really gods....

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2439 on: February 25, 2013, 02:32:12 pm »

Ok so I've made it that Not having a god means you have a greater chance of acquiring souls from NPC enemies.

As it is, every time you kill an NPC enemy there is a chance that you'll acquire a soul. That chance starts off high and gets lower as you get more powerful. There are certain enemies that always give them though; namely those that can use magic.

Bosses always give them, though the number they  give varies,  and Heroes usually give them as well.

Oh, thats something you don't know about either. Heroes are basically higher level, unique npc's that have a small chance of appearing in different places. Some places have higher chances then others and there are a few places where there's a 100% chance, usually dependent on you doing something specific. If they don't give souls, they give unique items or something similar.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: February 25, 2013, 03:11:30 pm »

Is Null something like a hero would be?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2441 on: February 25, 2013, 03:41:46 pm »

Is Null something like a hero would be?
Null is like what a completely overpowered hero would be. Heroes are powerful but limited; they have a certain style to how they fight(they may stick with a few particular elements, my use a particular weapon, fight in a particular way, that sort of thing) and they're not point boosted to maximum level.

Also the majority of them aren't inherently hostile so you don't have to fight them if you don't want to.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: February 25, 2013, 03:43:57 pm »

Seems this is going new places, if you got room for a new face I'm willing to give it a shot and be put on a waiting list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2443 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »

I should let everyone know now that you're basically all starting, point wise, from scratch when we begin again.

Also, I'm adjusting the stats, breaking Dex into two stats and adding an "awareness" stat for dealing with sneak attacks, rather then everyone just having eyes in the back of their head when it comes to shit raining down on them from a half mile away.

So you're basically gonna be remaking your stat sheet at the very least, if not making a new character. Sorry about that, but you know how it goes; Don't want to give anyone a massive lead when we begin. 

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: February 25, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »

Can we keep items?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 435