Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958624 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2656 on: March 03, 2013, 02:41:23 pm »

Attempt to activate circle, or see of someone else wants to try. Failing that, walk outside to the area where everyone is magicing.

((I have no idea how much pool I have.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: March 03, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »

2, unless you put another point into channeling.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: March 03, 2013, 03:06:20 pm »

Hmm... I should be able to activate the circle, then, as it has two symbols in one circle (A, E, C)?
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: March 03, 2013, 03:21:41 pm »

I'm in exploration mode- hence me trying to get away from the temple.  I'm looking for some action of the non-ganking variety right now.

Turning myself into rubber did cross my mind for getting down the mountain- just do a full-body change and use the closest available cliff.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:11 pm »

Well you can grow more wings and just fly down the mountain.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: March 03, 2013, 05:37:52 pm »

Thats what I'm doing!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2662 on: March 03, 2013, 06:01:03 pm »

We need like... a list of rooms we've seen and their descriptions. I don't want to backtrack all the time to earlier posts.

Also clockwork. neat.

Okay it looks like there isn't actually anything, you know, here. Hrm.

Oh well, time to make stuff.

Words!

[pot:3]
A tiny steel homunculus appears in front of you. It's barely taller then maybe 6 inches.

"Oh great. This again." It says in a tiny, squeaky voice.

follow derm, use my finger to draw a rune in the snow, step back and activate it once complete
[pot:2]
You doodle a smiley face in the snow, completely forgetting what you set out to do. Derp.

"Hahaha, it feels good to be controlling things with my mind again! Sure, it's not bone, but but gold is pretty nice too. And why else do I have these magical friends? HEY! ANYONE WANNA SUMMON ME UP A LUMP OF GOLD!?"

Head to where Derm is, staying a good distance from him in case his spell goes awry. If anyone makes anything made of gold, will it over to myself, and if multiple things are made, then try to fuse them together. If I'm attacked, defend myself with a wall of the gold I will hopefully have, before sending a lance of it through my attacker's chest.

"GOLD FOR THE GOLD GOD!"
You catch up with derm and immediately begin making references to yourself as king Midas, throwing up gang signs while simultaneously begging people to make you a piece of gold so you can actually do something.

I'm alive! Man that was scary. Anyways best be careful from now on. Though my urge to explore is getting the better of me....

Head to the other room that's down here but be make sure nothing looks like it gonna kill me before going all the way in. If there is something dangerous, leave the room and go back into the hallway. Say "Prathel" to see what that does in any case.

Your magic doesn't seem to work in this hallway here, but luckily the second room is clear of scary things. The second room here is a bedroom of sorts with many beds. Probably where the monks slept before they...became what they are now. There are few trunks around besides the beds but it's all very sparse and spartan.

Say words and move behind Derm from Corsair just in case.
You hide behind derm while saying some words of your own.

"I'm absolutely certain that the 8 inches of flesh, ribcage and black, soulless heart that makes up my human shield will protect me from all harm! No way a giant laser of fire and kittens could get through old dermy here! Nope!"

[pot:2+2]
You summon a nice lump of gold about the size of your head.  Larry, who is standing near by, Squeals with delight and points his finger at it while making exaggerated faces of extreme strain.

[larry will:1+1]

The hunk of gold doesn't move. He looks around and then runs over and sits on it.

"Mine."

((Hmm interesting))

Well then time for experimentation first say Cantar and throw whatever forms at the gold guy. Then after that say "Gastropit" & attempt to control/modify it somehow, if unsuccessful in modifying / it then say "zentol" then attempt to control/modify that.

[pot:4]
You summon up a nice lump of gold for Larry. He immediately tries to control it, again.

[larry will:6+1]

The lump of gold skids across the ground at high speed and slams into the one larry is sitting on. Larry goes flying off as the gold chunks fuse together and keep skidding away. Larry gives chase making high pitched grunting noises until he finally catches the lump, now twice the size of his head, and sits down on it.

"Still mine."

You shrug and try garstopit
[pot:3]
A small amount of the toxic green and black substance appears in front of you and you try to control it.
[will:4-1]
The toxin obeys your mental prodding, though only slightly, and it dissipates a few seconds later. Not the greatest test, but conclusive at least.

"~Hee-hee! Such-fun!~"

Okay, take two. Standing deadly response orders still apply.
[pot:6+1]

A tattoo appears over your entire body and you suddenly turn into a being of swirling air, like a little dust devil with arms and legs.

"Anchor of the Eight... Break a seal... Power source.. Great ones..." Glassco puts it all together in his head. "So this is a temple built on a mountain containing some god put there behind a seal by the other eight gods, with their shrines being below us, yeah? This Other guy... He's your power source?" He asks, before adding. "And not meaning to be presumptuous or nothing, what's in it for us? I don't think many of us are bastions of good will, considering when we first got here someone started shouting gibberish at the others all menacing like, with the others fleeing."

Glassco keeps talking to the mummy-monk.

He turns to the other guy, pondering. "Not opposed, not opposed at all. Name's Glassco, nice to meet you Jonathan. Mind if I call you John?" Glassco gave a crooked smile and held his hand to be shook.

Not gods, but men. The eight great sorcerers of this kingdom built the seal. Kill them, break the seal, destroy the Other which is bound below. And for you? Power. Wealth. A journey home. Whatever you desire shall become yours. If you succeed.

Skim a few scrolls, then pocket the interesting ones and look for another interesting room.

You skim over the scrolls, grab any that talk about the gods, and then wander across the way to the other room on the right side of the ground floor. The room is a rather ceremonial looking room filled with thousands of unlit candles. How very odd.

"Oooh, godly powers! "

Cut my thumb and drip some blood into the basin.

You dribble some blood into the basin. The blood changes to mercury as it touches the basin and the cut on your thumb hardens over into a bright silver scar.

"Huh. I think I dozed off for a second there. Where am I?"
Head outside, note general layout of house.
Say words.

Not a house, a temple. Four floors, upper, hall of gods, hall of heroes, basement. 8 rooms connected to the hall of gods, 2 to the hall of heroes, two in the basement. Upper floor is a single large room.

You walk outside of the temple, into the temple grounds.

[pot:6+1]
Your right arm tingles.
[pot:2+1]
Your tongue tingles
[pot:2+1]
Your head tingles.

Say words
Activate mark
Go down the path

[pot:1+1]

Nothing happens. Damn it.

You start down the switchback path toward the heavy cloud cover below. The path is a steep one, carved into a practically vertical drop and only a few feet wide. Someone has carved simple statues into stone alcoves along the path, images of monks seated in prayer. You keep going down till you hit the edge of the cloud layer. It's like a great gray sea flowing out in front of you. The path continues straight through it.

((Oh, these are the shrines for all those gods you spoke of? Huh, that explains a bit of why we're all trapped here. It also makes me feel like I don't deserve those points in intelligence poetency. Meh, screw the meta.))

Start looking through the doors. See if any of the shrines have that... flames, skulls, black chains, screams, and lava motif.

The shrines in the rooms include, starting from the right:
First on the right: A boulder with 3 silvery cubes embedded in it.
Second on the right: A Bowl with an eternal flame burning just above it.
Third:A font of Mercury
Fourth:A constantly changing lump of flesh.
first on the left: A stone statue of a cloaked man in, wearing a bright white mask.
second on the left: A live woman chained to the platform, a blade driven into her chest. She is still alive, still bleeding, and her blood forms strange sigil as it rolls down the sides of the platform. 
third: the tree with leaves of every element
fourth: An enormous book, it's pages filling with text and magical symbols as you watch.

Head down the path of DOOOOM.

You follow Javier down the path and stop where he does; at the edge of the heavy cloud cover. There's something rather foreboding about it.

Words.
[[pot:3]
You say your words. You get a very fuzzy image of what you think is a piece of rope or wire or something similar.

Kin goes down the path, hopefully not to step on someones toes.

You follow Javier and Thrakor down, stopping when they do, if only because they're taking up the whole path and you can't get around them.

Do things.

"Hey, can someone cast a circle or rune on this paper?"

[pot:4+1]
A screech echos in the cold mountain air as you say your words and the ground glows an eerie green. Skeletal hands push themselves up through the glow, dragging with them skeletal bodies. Human skeletons, bare of flesh, crawl from the ground and weave their bones together, forming a wheel.

[pot:3+1]
A pile of paper appears in front of you.

Attempt to activate circle, or see of someone else wants to try. Failing that, walk outside to the area where everyone is magicing.

((I have no idea how much pool I have.))
Your circle continues not to work here so you just walk outside, to where magic actually does work.

Thats what I'm doing!

The skies are dangerous places, mr. Javier. Dangerous indeed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: March 03, 2013, 06:04:11 pm »

"Riiiight. Everyone! Let's raid the damn basement for loot!"

Raid the damn basement for loot.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: March 03, 2013, 06:07:41 pm »

"Eh, a deity is immortal and all, right? They can pro'lly wait."

Head down/up the stairs I noticed earlier. Continue following fresh air, or light in the absence of air.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: March 03, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »

Shouldnt that have been 2+1 due to my 3 potency not to mention my flame god of potency mark?

head to basement with derm, draw the rune again preferably with my pot bonus
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:28:46 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:52 pm »

Rebite thumb, or bite the other thumb, or finger, or something. Redraw circle in magic area.

Pour energy into it and then stand back.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: March 03, 2013, 06:16:18 pm »

"Riiiight. Everyone! Let's raid the damn basement for loot!"
Raid the damn basement for loot.
Aid action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: March 03, 2013, 06:18:05 pm »

"Golden Sorcerer has a nice ring to it, don't you think? Now, to glory!"

Try to levitate the gold a few feet off the ground while I sit on it, making a nice floating seat for myself. Follow Derm, and attack anything that looks nasty with a fist sized projectile of gold from my seat.

"You know, now that our pool regenerates faster, there's really no reason not to make gold for me if you have extra pool that you aren't going to use."
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: March 03, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »

Throw some pebbles into the foggy mist
Say words;activate rune

Uuuh, Thrakor? I suggest you go first!
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 435