Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958694 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2700 on: March 04, 2013, 05:49:14 pm »

Say words
Look at path while doing so

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2701 on: March 04, 2013, 05:51:22 pm »

Look for another room.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: March 04, 2013, 06:48:39 pm »

Exit, and initiate the first of many bad ideas.

"Ready up, World. The server don't last forever."
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: March 04, 2013, 06:49:40 pm »

head into the bedroom and pocket everything i can carry that can be used as a weapon
(knives, candlesticks, wine bottles etc.)

Once found head to the storage room and distribute them amongst the cult of derm

Cmon candlesticks.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:14:41 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: March 04, 2013, 07:51:34 pm »

head into the bedroom and pocket everything i can carry that can be used as a weapon

Once found head to the storage room and distribute them amongst the cult of derm

Cmon candlesticks.
Pariah with the candlestick in the basement!

...We aren't playing that game? Oh.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: March 04, 2013, 07:52:48 pm »

I find I funny when you are forced to convict yourself for the murder. Makes for great hilarity!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: March 04, 2013, 08:05:03 pm »

I find I funny when you are forced to convict yourself for the murder. Makes for great hilarity!
Huh, anytime it was me I always tried to prevent the other players from guessing right. Always changed the game from Clue to Mafia in my mind.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: March 04, 2013, 08:36:56 pm »

Mutter a prayer to no god in particular and say words.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: March 05, 2013, 12:06:05 am »

"~Aw-you're-not-alive. How-sad.~"

Pick up the little dirt-child and cradle him in my arms. Then say words.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: March 05, 2013, 01:36:57 am »

"Wonderful. Now then, time for armaments."
Words. Then place a hand upon the materials summoned and shape it into a naginata.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: March 05, 2013, 02:08:10 am »

"Sorry, I can't go any further. Magic is negated here and without it I'll just be a burden to you all. I'll meet you all back outside the shrine."
Silica goes back to where Sanya is. She then uses the words she was planning to use earlier while aiming and facing away from anyone else.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:29 am »

((Time for experiments))

Walk into the room after its been scouted, if ambush by mantis not inevitable walk in an having spotted the mantis say words once it is close
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:22:23 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:20 pm »

Walk over to the room with the Monk, as him this:

"Hey, I'd like to ask you something. Can you tell me more about the gods these shrines are dedicated to? Gotta make sure to not cause accidental smiting of myself."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2713 on: March 05, 2013, 08:03:09 pm »

"Right. Various minions and Midas over here, Go forth into the storage room!"

Get my wee leetle man of steel to go into the room and scout it out.

The little man doesn't move.

"You didn't make me animate, idiot. All I can do is talk since you made me conscious. So great job. "

FOR NOW.

"Crows... why does this seem familiar?  Yeah, I don't have what I really need to take care of them, but I suggest you watch out!"

Magical defense go!
[spd:6+1]
[stormcrow spd:6]
[pot:2]
You expend your entire magical reserve but your words come out all muddled so nothing happens.

[Stormcrow dex:4]
[spd:5+1]

You flatten yourself against the ground as a bolt of electricity leaps from the flock, still lost somewhere in the clouds, and into the stone behind you.

"No thanks, I've had enough of this place for one day."

[spd:3+1]
[stormcrow spd:3]

You break away from the group and run for it, sprinting down the narrow path and more then once almost running straight off a bend. Finally you make it through the cloud cover, coming out into a light drizzle. You can finally see what lies just below along the path: it's a village or town of some sort, built into terraced layers on the face of the mountain. The buildings are each carved from the living stone, with only the front and part of their roof visible from the outside, the rest extending into the mountain itself. The path continues down into the village, snaking across the different terraces, down toward the foot of the mountain.

Well... really isn't much here. Guess all the good stuff is in with the metal bug thing. Well off to explore some more. Hm... what's with all these people?

Grab a heavy robe to keep me nice and toasty and borrow a knife (it's better then going bare handed right?). Go out in the hallway and tell the people inside that there's a giant metal bug in the other room. If they go in and mange to kill the bug, follow them and see what's inside all the crates. If they don't, just head upstairs and force the GM to describe the room I'm in.
You grab one of the heavy robes and a small knife before walking back out into the hall. The people there appear to be massing for an attack, however the results of their gathering have yet to be seen.

"Gee, I hope Enemy spawning isn't handled on an individual basis. Otherwise they're in for quite the fight."

"I can't really fight them, but I could try something."

Kin says a magic word targeting the avians. Retreat back up.
[spd:4]
[stormcrow spd:6]
[stormcrow dex:5]
[stormcrow str:6]
[spd:4]
[end:4]
You open your mouth to say your word but all that comes out is an unintelligible gasp as the flock of stormcrows circle in again. They swarm over you, scratching with their talons, pecking and raising blackened electrical burns all over your body. They tear at you for a few seconds before taking wing back into the clouds, leaving you brunt and bleeding but still on your feet.

"Dammit, spellbook! Not the spell I wanted!"

I cast Summon Bandages.

Assuming nothing goes wrong, I'll then wrap my arm in the bandages and try to mentally command the blood in my arm to clot.

[pot:4]
a stack of bandages apparently made out of blood appears in front of you. And then it instantly collapses into a pool of blood. Because it's made of blood.And blood is a liquid.

Two turns.

SCIENCE TIME.

Activate the circle I've put so much blood, sweat, and tears in. Mostly blood.
You activate the circle. It glows brilliant crimson and then something odd happens. The rune in the center, the large one, burns away.Maybe it was used in the wrong place? The other rune hovers into the air and forms into the image of a mace. But after a few seconds the circle simply vanishes without seeming to do anything.

Yes!  Anyone have a suggestion on the name of my new minion?

Enter storage room with my minion, and order him to attack the critter.  If it doesn't die, cast Spell.  If it does die, take off the gauntlets and turn their key.  Then cast different spell.
You and your Necromantic minion enter the supply room. You get a dozen feet in before mechanical sounding chittering fills the room. The chrome hopper springs from behind a box and skitters toward you and your minion.
[Minion spd:5 -1]
[CH spd:2]
[minion dex:3]
[Minion str:5+1]
[ch spd:3]
[ch end:6]

Your undead warrior steps in front of you and swings his massive fist in a hard arc, clipping the Chrome hopper as it charges in and sending rolling off to the side. The Creature regains it's footing and charges the golem while you prepare a spell.
[spd:3+1]
[CH spd:5]
The Hopper is faster then you, streaking toward the golem in a blur of chrome.
[CH spd:2]
[Minion spd:1-1]
[ch str:5]
[ch dex:3]
[Minion spd:5-1]
[minion str:3+1]
[minion end:3]
The golem spins to face his attacker as the Chrome hopper's scything claw comes down. The golem catches the blade with his forearm, the metal claw pierces straight through with a burst of powdery dried flesh, but it can't reach the golem's body. The Chrome hopper pushes off your Minion's body with a powerful leap, tearing it's claw free and knocking the minion to the floor. But by now, you've had all the time you need to prepare your spell.
[pot:4+1]
[dex:3-1]
Your spell goes off without error, a beam of pure arcane energy bursts from your palm, but it completely misses your target.

"Well...dang."

Yesssss, the book in your hands is a copy. Incomplete. But the power lies in the words and symbols, not in the book.

To use the words of the book is to give the Other influence over our world. The king summoned him with rites found in the deep, where he chained the other so that he might use it's power to rule. But it's corruption began to escape, so he commissioned the most powerful mages in his kingdom to seal it there.  And with it sealed, he scorched the lands to the north with the power he stole from it. But each word spoken, each rune drawn, leaked a little more of it out. And now the world has been changed. Men grow mad, creatures grow strange and terrible, and the land 'neath our feet seethes with unknown capacity.

It must be banished or this world will be torn apart at the seams and dissolve into a gray chaos for which there is no remedy. We hold it's influence back, use magics not of it but of the Eight Gods of our forefathers. We summon men with talent to do battle. And we wait for the world to end.

Glassco asks more questions to the monk.

No, you check Your PM box.

"Hahaha, now I could get used to this! I call dibs on any gold we find!"

Enter the storage room and hop off of my throne, before willing it to slam down on the bug.

You drift into the room and are just about to enter the fray against the Hopper when you notice something else dragging itself from the darkness. It's a humanoid stone statue with a massively exaggerated open mouth, long powerful arms on which it walks and a tiny, shriveled, dead lower body it drags behind it. It's mouth and eyes glow with an internal fire.  It's expressionless face turns to you and you hear a sound like a bellows being primed.

Say words
Look at path while doing so

[pot:5+1]
[dex:4]
A beam of force erupts from your eyes and from just in front of you. They merge together and sweep down the path like a battering ram, blowing the away the mist on the path.

[Kin awareness:6]
[kin spd:6]

Kin hears the wall of force barreling down on him and presses himself against the wall. The beam tears past him, missing by an inch.

Look for another room.
There don't look to be any more rooms you haven't explored on this level...but there's still the basement and the upper floor. Plus all those rooms on the floor you started on.

Exit, and initiate the first of many bad ideas.

"Ready up, World. The server don't last forever."

You head out to the temple grounds and initiate plan "Bad idea"

[pot:6+1]

A tattoo appears on your right hand. Coolio.

Cmon candlesticks.

You spend this turn scavenging for weapons. You find:
3 candles
2 knives
A bottle of wine
A brick
A metal rod

Mutter a prayer to no god in particular and say words.
[Pot:4]
Nothing seems to happen.

(You used the two words, since you just have 2 channeling)

"~Aw-you're-not-alive. How-sad.~"

Pick up the little dirt-child and cradle him in my arms. Then say words.

[pot:2+1]
A beam of pure booze, about 2 inches thick, fires out of your raised hand and off into the sky.

"Well, I guess thats a thing."

"Wonderful. Now then, time for armaments."
Words. Then place a hand upon the materials summoned and shape it into a naginata.
[pot:3+1]
A lump of steel and a pile of bones appear in front of you, separated by a few feet of empty space.

"Sorry, I can't go any further. Magic is negated here and without it I'll just be a burden to you all. I'll meet you all back outside the shrine."
Silica goes back to where Sanya is. She then uses the words she was planning to use earlier while aiming and facing away from anyone else.

You go back outside and give your word a try.

[pot:6+2]
A shimmering image of a sword flying off away from you appears and then vanishes.

((Time for experiments))

Walk into the room after its been scouted, if ambush by mantis not inevitable walk in an having spotted the mantis say words once it is close

Well, the room never really got scouted so much as two people wandered in and spawned 2 new enemies on themselves so....Not quite sure what to do here....

"Hey, I'd like to ask you something. Can you tell me more about the gods these shrines are dedicated to? Gotta make sure to not cause accidental smiting of myself."

There are eight in total: Yo-drell of the Deep, Sha-calun the Everflame, Flux, Parathun the Fleshsmith, Scarlon the Mask, Blastel and Nul-sheal the Green.  The Mark of Flux is upon you. What information do you seek?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: March 05, 2013, 08:05:49 pm »

"God dammit, be right back."

QUickly rush back outside and say things.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 435