Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961843 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2865 on: March 11, 2013, 03:53:46 am »

((AGHHH))
Drag self back outside once there say words 
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: March 11, 2013, 05:47:14 am »

Grab sword. If it resists, hum a tune with it.

If successful, enter basement.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: March 11, 2013, 06:32:19 am »

"Hmfp."

Action!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2868 on: March 11, 2013, 11:09:18 am »

It was a sad, sad day for Kin. Failing left and right did not strengthen his confidence but alas, he would continue with Thrakor and Javier to explore the village.

Kin attempts a new word, directed away from his fellow companions.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: March 11, 2013, 02:20:48 pm »

"A WILD ICE WISP APPEARED! GO, GOLDEN BALL!"

Cup both golden hands around the wisp to imprison it, and the seal them shut, forming a hollow golden ball with the creature inside. If this fails, run like hell down the path and hope it tries to kill someone other than me.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: March 11, 2013, 02:26:48 pm »

Say words
Activate chest mark I somehow got/talk to eye
Keep exploring the village.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:01:30 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: March 11, 2013, 03:03:57 pm »

Search through the basement. Mutter a prayer.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: March 11, 2013, 03:13:42 pm »

I figured out how to describe Sanya's not-robe. It's more like an off-center poncho.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: March 11, 2013, 03:19:07 pm »

I suppose I could combine my black hole spell with some sort of container to make a Pokeball...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: March 11, 2013, 05:53:31 pm »

Activate mark, fly down the switchbacks. Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2876 on: March 12, 2013, 02:18:04 am »

"Now this looks promising."

Wind up that bad boy!  Then keep exploring.
You turn the key on the mace until it clicks. A small trigger pops out of the handle. Huh.

Now as per exploring, there are houses here, a store house down the road, a strange, ornate building at the end of the road, or you could just keep going down the path.

"Cainthalsaz Zerth".
Orbit dagger around me.
Try again.
[pot:3+1]
You summon up a small dagger made of Arcane energy.
[will:5]
The dagger floats into the air and begins orbiting you on a slow elliptical path.

Hmmm.... rune science will have to wait until that mistwalker has been dealt with.

WORDS, unless he is destroyed first... in which case RUNES.
[pot:2+1]
[dex:1]
[Derm Awareness:3]
[derm end:5]

You manage to fire a pair of pencil thin beams of fire out of your eyes. And directly into Derm's back. Luckily a rather large copper ornament between his shoulder blades completely stops the flame.

Glassco nods, exiting the shrine room and looking over the white mask in his hands. After a bit of investigating, he puts it on and makes his way outside. Taking in the cold air for a bit, he mutters words, hoping for the best. "Damn I hope these notes are right..."
You slip on your mask and head down stairs and out to the temple grounds. 
[pot:2]
Well, You don't die. You don't do much of anything really.

'Where am I?! What happened?! Why am I-- Wait, no time for questions! THEY ARE AFTER MEEEE!'

>Charge through the door screaming bloody murder and attempt to bloodily murder anyone on the other side.
There is no one in the hall on the other side, but there are eight doors here, four on each side of the hall. And a spiral staircase at the end of the hall leading both up and down.

"Department of redundancy department, paging Joseph Smith..."

Will my staff to become a nice thick rod of smacking, and grow some spore pods on the end.
[will:4]
Your rod becomes a turgid staff with a throbbing knob on the end. Just like every morning.

"~Odd.~"

More science is in order.
[pot:3+1]
Nada. Hmmm.

And you can't  so much fly as jump and then drift very gently and slowly around.

Say words.
[pot:6+2]
The mist turns black and swirls around you, spinning into a burning, blinding whirlwind. You squint to see whats going on and watch as a ring of eight eyes appears around the Wisp and burn it away with concentrated plumes of flame. The black mist bursts and vanishes a moment later, leaving nothing behind save for a mark on your stomach with 1 eye open.

I'll head back outside the building, staying alert for any trouble. If anything attacks me or Glassco, I'll use my spear. If nothing attacks, I'll try out another spell.
You walk out of the shrine and quickly run back outside, away from the twitchy looking guy in the hall.
[pot:5]
A mark appears on your spear.

Hm... I bet there is a secret here.... that or they just store their candles here since there is no electricity. Let's see how much video game logic applies to this world.

Look around the room to see if there is anything slightly interesting... or at least something that'll give me a reason to light up all the candles. If nothing at all then head up to the next floor and what i can explore from there.

The room appears to be a memorial of sorts. Guess that one candle means one person has died. Wonder who it was. Oh well.

((AGHHH))
Drag self back outside once there say words 
You drag yourself upstairs to the temple grounds.
You summon a human skeleton! It collapses into a pile of bones. Dang it.

The universe is kind of feeling bad for your situation at this point.

Grab sword. If it resists, hum a tune with it.

If successful, enter basement.
You grab the sword. It instantly deconstructs your right hand into dozens of 1 millimeter meat cubes.Oh dear. You are now bleeding quite a lot.

"Hmfp."

Action!
Hmm well, I assume this action is pointed at the now defunct mist man. But it doesn't say that specifically...SO TIME FOR FUN!
[will:6]
[larry awa:1]
[larry end:4]

A burst of wind explodes out behind you and slams into Larry and his golden throne. He goes flying off his throne and into the men behind him.

"Woops."

It was a sad, sad day for Kin. Failing left and right did not strengthen his confidence but alas, he would continue with Thrakor and Javier to explore the village.

Kin attempts a new word, directed away from his fellow companions.

[pot:4]
Your left foot tingles.

Cup both golden hands around the wisp to imprison it, and the seal them shut, forming a hollow golden ball with the creature inside. If this fails, run like hell down the path and hope it tries to kill someone other than me.

You sit up and dust yourself off.

"And here I thought the threat was from magical mist, not Derm's magical flatulence."

Say words
Activate chest mark I somehow got/talk to eye
Keep exploring the village.

[pot:1+1]
No luck there, sir.

The mark doesn't talk or activate. Doesn't seem to be under your control.

As per exploring, see Toaster's post.

Search through the basement. Mutter a prayer.
Lots of junk in here. You grab a hand scythe, a gold ring, and bottle of booze.

Say magic words, then head down the mountain while tinkering with the windup key on my gloves.
[pot:6+1]

Your words create an enormous feline made out of arcane energy. It isn't alive, it's pretty much just a statue. Aw.

You head down the path as the edge of the cloud layer, but derm and his crowd of men are hogging the path from there on.

You turn the keys on your gauntlets until they're fully wound. You flex your fingers into a fist and the sharpened gears on the knuckles grind into rapid motion, throwing sparks as they buzz away like weaponized meat grinders.

Activate mark, fly down the switchbacks. Words.
A pair of wings, made of paper thin obsidian, appear on your back. After a few cursory flaps you walk to the edge and survey the way down. Hmm. You can either drift down slowly, which means spending time in that cloud layer which is probably not the safest, or you can dive down at high speeds, punching right through the clouds. And potentially diving head first into the rocks. Hmm.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: March 12, 2013, 02:34:34 am »

Sorry derm... apparently my guy got his eyes crossed

Actions
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:41:35 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: March 12, 2013, 02:45:08 am »

((
A pair of wings, made of paper thin obsidian, appear on your back.
Hmmm...
Ironic, how hubris will probably kill me. All those stories about how personality flaws killed heroes, and all those times I laughed in the face of such stupidity. Yet I am bleeding horribly because I wanted shiny wings.
Yeah... Obsidian is kinda fragile  :P.))
"Time for fun."
Search for NPCs to arcane-shank.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: March 12, 2013, 02:48:04 am »

((Hm... I wonder if anything will happen here if enough people die))

Hm... some person died? That sucks... but nothing to do with me. Thus I don't really care much. Let's see what else this temple has to offer.

Head up one floor and check out what's there. If it's the shrine floor, let's just say I checked out all the rooms and I offer my blood the whichever one looks like will make me faster. I'm too slow right now to have much of a chance in a fight. If it's not the shrine floor, see what all there is to explore.

((Question, can you have an offering to more then one shrine? Or just one? or is that something I have to figure out on my own?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 435