Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958704 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Breakfast Nook of the Dead
« Reply #2940 on: March 14, 2013, 07:49:58 am »

"Sure, no problem. Just yell if you need my help." Glassco gives his notes another once over, then says words. "Here goes nothing."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: March 14, 2013, 08:10:53 am »

Go to the Altar. Nspect said Altar, weapon at the ready.Say ENCHANTMENTWORDS
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:43:42 am by javierpwn »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #2942 on: March 14, 2013, 10:29:33 am »

((Strange, I thought I already walked down that path already. Oh well.))

Kin waves to the newcomer but keeps on walking down the path. He says word.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: March 14, 2013, 12:45:12 pm »

If the mark obstructs my movement, deactivate it. Start heading down the path and say "Ralthel". See the result and then say " Haeltheaol".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2945 on: March 14, 2013, 02:23:38 pm »

You missed my turn! Though admittedly, I did forget to bold it.

Hmm. On second thought, go back to the scroll room, and do some more research on what exactly the magic of the other is supposed to do, and if anything bad happens to those who use it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: March 14, 2013, 02:57:15 pm »

Thanks for the bandaging...
"Hey. Mr. Gold guy? I want to do some science but if I accidentally spawn an ENVOY OF DEATH I'm going to make it out of gold so you can fuse it's face to your chair and make it not kill things mmkay?

Hopefully not deadly SCIENCE TIME WORDS
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: March 14, 2013, 04:15:50 pm »

'Village? This should be good.'

Check the town for a bar, tavern, inn, brewery, or anywhere alcohol could logically be found. Deactivate tattoos. Words.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: March 14, 2013, 06:32:59 pm »

Silica continues following Sanya. ((I have absolutely no idea where I am, so I'm pretty much stuck following the nearest person))
She aims away and says <Words>.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: March 14, 2013, 10:19:51 pm »

I would like to join
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:58:36 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: March 14, 2013, 10:26:17 pm »

Put self in stasis until my computer issues get solved.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2951 on: March 15, 2013, 12:27:20 am »

"Hmph."

Cast Mass Rez. Interrogate results on recent happenings.
[pot:4]
You basically get this:

As the tortured souls scream upward in a column of eerie green light, slowly dissipating, you hear them whisper.

We need a form.

CIRCLE SCIENCE!!!

Oh and follow derm from a distance

[pot:5+1]
You scratch the circle into the stone with your brick and then place one of your candles into the center. You activate it and the candle hovers above the ground for a few seconds as blue light leaks from the rune and into the candle.

A moment later the candle floats back to the ground, changed. The wax has taken on a light blue sheen and become strangely angular and sharp, crystalline in nature. Huh.

"What... me? Um... Well first a way to get back home... though I get the feeling I'll be here for a while so I hope you don't mind me borrowing some of your stuff while I'm here... but yeah I'm looking for a way back home. So uh... yeah you wouldn't happen to know how would you? Preferably a way that won't get me potentially killed.. like in the basement... man that scared the crap out of me... why do you guys even have a metal freaking bug down there anyways? Glad it decided to stay in the room rather then chase me. Anyways I'm getting off topic... or I digress... haha I always wanted to use that word... though feels kinda funny saying it... probably since I don't use it often. Oh also how come you guys are mummified and creepy looking... ah I mean... no offensive or anything but... yeah... never mind..."

Start rambling on about stuff.
To return home you must banish the manifestation of the Other which is held within the deep ruins at the heart of this mountain. And to do that, you Must first break the seal to reach it by killing the eight sealers. 

"That seems really hard...do you guys have like...a bus station or an airport instead?"

"I really need more skill at shaping..."
Flesh shape the hole together, then:
Have the dagger follow me, search for monsters to kill in the basement. If I find something, crush it with will if it is made of flesh and/or arcane, otherwise fling a dagger at it, then try to pull the dagger back through the monster.
[Will:6]
You successfully  close the wound, the hole replaced with a new pinkish scar. Now then, lets try that knife again.
[will:3]
The knife kind of hurls itself across the room and bounces off the floor leaving little craters as it goes.

Huh.

Neat. Boo on unlit torch- I was intending to burn down the building.

"I'll take this.  Can always use a lightning grenade."

Stow the lighting grenade and move on down the path past the village.
You pocket the lightning in a bottle and head farther down the path. You enter an area that seems like a town center of sorts. A large alcove carved in the stone,
a half circle with several larger buildings arrayed around it's edge. Most are blocked off or partially scorched from internal fires but a few are still open.There are two buildings that look like they might have something in them.The first has a rather crudely painted sign with a picture of a shirt on it and something in a language you don't know. The second has no sign, but a thin line of smoke is drifting from the chimney hole.  The road ahead continues down toward another curve and a fork in the path.

"Hey, what's up with that village down there? YO DERM, IF YOU FIND ANY GOLD, IT'S MINE!"

Enter the village, and if nothing attacks me, peer inside the church and see if there's any gold.
You float on down to the church building at the end of this part of the path and push open the door. There's nothing special inside, just a small, smashed, weather worn church with water rotted pews and barred windows. Strange, you could have sworn you saw a guy walk in here a second ago.

"~Ah. Unwise-that-was. Findings-interesting.~"

Let's take care of that problem, shall we?
[pot:2+1]
You summon a new tattoo that activates for a moment and then vanishes. You are still bleeding a lot. Oh boy, getting dizzy...and almost dead here.

"crap"
Shareeb Donbel
[pot:1]
(Seriously, these dice have it out for you. I rerolled it 3 times and it was 1 every time.)
[end:6]
Your left foot's big toe turns to steel.

The universe tortures you but will not let you die. Life is strange some times.

"I'll just be a second, I've got to get my former arm back."
Head to the spear. Activate aura. See if I can use it to move faster or jump further.
You walk over to the spear but you have no tattoo to activate. Remember, it appeared in the area near your hand but since you had nothing in your hand it had nothing to attach to.

"Sure, no problem. Just yell if you need my help." Glassco gives his notes another once over, then says words. "Here goes nothing."
[pot:3]
You summon up a metal chest plate. Unfortunately it's too small for any human to wear. Maybe you could sell it to a leprechaun...

Go to the Altar. Nspect said Altar, weapon at the ready.Say ENCHANTMENTWORDS
You walk toward the altar, stumbling over the uneven carpet covered floor. It's a large, granite slab, about the right size for a person to lay on with a shallow trough around it's edge.

[pot:1+1]
Nah bro.

((Strange, I thought I already walked down that path already. Oh well.))

Kin waves to the newcomer but keeps on walking down the path. He says word.
You join up with Thrakor further down in the village. As you catch up with him, three men wander out of one of the burnt buildings. They're all thin, haggard and quite mad looking. Two are armed with pitchforks, one is bare handed. Together, they turn their heads and look at you and Thrakor.

"Aw geez."

Also that word makes your whole body tingle.

Continue following Derm, then say words.
[pot:3+1,4+1]
That first spell does nothing. The second one causes a near by wall to glow. Huh.

If the mark obstructs my movement, deactivate it. Start heading down the path and say "Ralthel". See the result and then say " Haeltheaol".
Doesn't seem to do anything on it's own.
Also doesn't seem to do anything. Huh.

You wander down the switchback path, all the way to the Village outer gate. Sitting in the middle of the gate, pecking at a corpse, is a bird. It resembles a vulture, but far larger and sporting 4 wings and 4 eyes. Blackish green mist leaks from it's mouth as it's head twitches and jerks to look at you. It warbles and hisses before taking flight straight at you.

You missed my turn! Though admittedly, I did forget to bold it.

Hmm. On second thought, go back to the scroll room, and do some more research on what exactly the magic of the other is supposed to do, and if anything bad happens to those who use it.
There is a scroll about the Other and it's influence, although it isn't terribly specific. Apparently the King struck some sort of deal with the Other when he imprisoned it. When it's name was spoken it would grant the speaker protection from whatever it's most pressing current problem is. In return, the Other would mark the speaker as a corrupted, and those who used it's name too many times would be taken.

It doesn't say what it means by taken, but it sounds rather final.

Thanks for the bandaging...
"Hey. Mr. Gold guy? I want to do some science but if I accidentally spawn an ENVOY OF DEATH I'm going to make it out of gold so you can fuse it's face to your chair and make it not kill things mmkay?

Hopefully not deadly SCIENCE TIME WORDS
Oh Tsuch, you are no where near Wwolin.

[pot:3]
You summon tiny elbow pads made of cloth and that strange dust stuff that deconstructed your hand. Perhaps touching it would be bad.

'Village? This should be good.'

Check the town for a bar, tavern, inn, brewery, or anywhere alcohol could logically be found. Deactivate tattoos. Words.
You look down over the village. Hmm, well that place way down there where Thrakor and that other guy seem to have angered a mob looks like it was the town center. So if anywhere has booze, thats probably it.
[pot:1+1]
Looks like this didn't go well. Also there's that giant bird over there by the gate. That might be bad.

Silica continues following Sanya. ((I have absolutely no idea where I am, so I'm pretty much stuck following the nearest person))
She aims away and says <Words>.

You're still just kinda standing around right outside the temple because sanya is just kinda standing around failing to make friends with his magic.

[pot:4+2]
You summon a giant clockwork bear. It looks...terrifying. Also not alive.

((Dammit. Fun tiem.
Spoiler: Cog (click to show/hide)
))
Sorry if I missed you last time, but you appear in a large square room standing atop a magic circle. There are mummified monks all around you and no real way out except for one door.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 15, 2013, 12:40:34 am »

((I suspect the "Other" is Zentol. I think I must have screwed up really badly, I was trying to summon burningly radiant gold.))
"How are you feeling right now? Should we catch up with everyone else?"
Silica places her right hand on the bear and says "Zoth-Hareth Dorbaelo"
((Maybe I should just setup a hospital here. The giant terrifying clockwork bear could be placed near the beds in the children's ward like some sort of teddy bear decoration.))
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:12:32 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 15, 2013, 12:42:29 am »

I will not be discouraged! Glassco sighs, picking up the tiny steel chest plate, inspects it to see if it is possible to be useful as a knee guard, or pauldron. He gives a glance to everyone else in the temple courtyard, giving a friendly nod and crooked smile at anyone who sees him looking around. Still a good amount of people here it seems.

Looking back at the chest plate, he ponders to himself. "I bet there is a way to make you bigger... But hells if I know how. I suppose if I can't use you for anything, you can be a good testing target. Better than myself. Either way, take two!" Glassco says the same words as before.

[I would assume as well, I told everyone as much from what I discovered from the Monk-Lich, and Zentol's new form. That, and the eight eyes. Eight eyes, eight sealers, eight gods, etc. Very eight centric. That, and Zentol never does as it is commanded to, but rather as to what is most useful to the situation, as I've noticed. Someone tried to make wings out of it, it instead gave them back their limbs. Doesn't seem to be a word that is receptive to control... Only freebee you get from me however, speculation wise, and this is because I don't want people turning into eldritch abominations.]

EDIT: [...More than they already are, that is...]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:45:31 am by Xanmyral »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 15, 2013, 12:45:49 am »

well thats...something... kinda pretty in an im gonna tear the shit out of your hand kind of way...

poke candle with dagger, is it still semi-waxish?
Afterwards draw MEGA CIRCLE in the dirt
Try to find an npc to yell my WORD at/b]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 01:20:24 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 435