Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958700 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

((The panting guy was referring to  frostbyte's character lol.

Anyways I should join a team... especially since I'm going by the rule of "don't kill people" when there is quite a few human enemies around. I need someone to kill them for me.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile

In order, cast as-yet-undetermined spell on self and activate my chest mark, send my minion to kill the mage (Or whoever's left), then attack heavy myself.  Resist the temptation to soccer kick Thrakor into the enemy, despite how effective this might be.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

That might be detrimental to your foot.

Especially if I ever get fixed and shoot an acidic cylinder cat at you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

[Is it me or does every time I see the title I read it as "Perplexicon: Magic is stupidity." It never stops to amuse me though.]

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"I don't suppose you've heard of Rule one either?"

Run up to the heavy and say Garstopit.

((Because living is overrated.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!

Mountains to the sea.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

Ok, I want some magic swording!
Rothon Harialltontal again! Magic sword WILL let me stab things. Also, if a player is turned into a lightning based entity, I could stab them to heal them.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile

Rothon Harialltontal again! Magic sword WILL let me stab things. Also, if a player is turned into a lightning based entity, I could stab them to heal them.
((Or you might absorb them highlander style, or get electrocuted to death just saying))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin uses Rothon on mage.

"I regret nothing!"

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile

((Or you might absorb them highlander style, or get electrocuted to death just saying))
Diamond is non-conductive. And absorption? More points for me! How do I lose with this?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Wh- Motherfucker. I need me some points.

Dammit now I gotta make that thing again.

Make that thing again. Shareeb Clo-caltel Rothon Ku-karua Zothelthcaon.
[pot:6]
You don't reform your previous crossbow. You make something all together more terrifying. It doesn't even really resemble a crossbow, more it resembles a blunderbuss with the end of it's barrel splint into 6 sections Each of these little sections has a small spike on it, angled toward the barrel. It doesn't seem loaded, but you suppose you could stick anything metallic in there and it might work.

Pretty. ((How big is this Crystal Cleaver?))
Head on down to the raider camp and try to kill the raider mage
It's about as large as a normal meat cleaver. It's not the size of a sword, if that's what you're asking.

You make it down to around the center of the village and are on your way further down, toward the raider cages, when a creature wanders out of one of the burnt buildings  nearby. It looks like a dog, but is nearly four feet tall at the shoulder, heavily muscled  and strangely shaped; with a bear trap of a mouth and keen, faintly glowing blue eyes. It looks at you and growls. You could swear it's smiling.

((Well, the RNG really hates me.))
I'll re-pledge to The Ink-sea, go outside, say Zorhaltoran Tarothel and observe what appears.

You wander back downstairs and out to the temple grounds.
[pot:2]
Life continues to not be awesome for you.

Ozzy takes a moment to let the magic happen, to allow the mystic power's he has unleashed to ripen and bring forth fruit.

"....fuck..."

Sighing in disappointment, he tries something else.  Still facing off into the great blue yonder to perform his mystic experiments without huring anybody but himself, he yells belts out, "Hath-caon Baltaellsheral!"
[pot:3]
You get a piece of rubber arm armor. Unfortunately your impotence means that this piece of armor is just a single finger from a gauntlet. Great.

This thing is as sweet as I thought it was gonna be! So awesome....

"Yo, you ok? I heard you yelling for help. Well help is here!" I say to the person I just saved. Er... wait why am I narrating that in my head o.O Oh well... nobody can read my thoughts anyways.

Reload my shotty crossbow. Then say "Shareeb Hael-ton".
You stick another 6 bolts into your crossbow and then say your chosen words.
[pot:3+1]
You summon up a steel cleaver. Yay steel cleavers. They seem to be in style nowadays.

"Hah, it worked! We're flying! Fuck you gravity, and your oppression! You can't bring us down this time!" Glassco taunts the elements as he watches the stone floor bowl levitate into the air. "Right then, where to Captain John! Shall it we take it for a spin around the temple first, or just pick a cardinal direction and head out?" Glassco makes the ship move in whatever fashion John wishes. "And they said I'd be a terrible sailor."
[will:4+1]
You drift silently around toward the back of the temple. Unlike the front, where the stormclouds seem to be kept at bay, perhaps by whatever magic the monks use to keep the Other out, there is a solid wall of black, soot coated storm clouds clinging to the mountain behind the temple. They look extremely ominous, and flying around the temple means flying directly into them.

"Perhaps...for the good of our organs we should avoid that?"

((What about my gauntlets I put on? Also by greaves being pants do you mean they aren't armour?))
(Hopefully I have a near full armour set now.)
Go look around for something unfriendly to murder if successful use murder words otherwise non murder words
No, I mean you summoned greaves the first time, and then summoned greaves again. You never summoned gauntlets.

Silica goes and joins Sanya before she aims away from everyone and says "Zzers Clo-caltel"
You join Sanya on the path and say your words.
[pot:1+2]
You get a tiny pile of gears and springs that fall to the ground very quickly.

"~I-do-not-like-the-spawn-of-the-devil-hanging-around.~"

Point at the skeleton, try saying "Zeusha Shalzethtol" and hitting the thing with it. Should that fail, have Tod-2A run at it and try to slash it to bits.
[spd:4]
[ls spd:1]
[pot:6+1]
[will:4]
[tod-2a end:4]
A burst of green necromantic force explodes around Tod's left leg and reduces it to blackned bone. You and he topple over backward.
[LS dex:3]
The LS reaches out with one hand hand and catches hold of your right arm.

congratulations you are a crystal-plant man.
try moving around and enchanting parts of yourself, the effect should hold.

walk over to Tod and compare minions, assist him with his lost spirit problem.
Draw three runes along the way.

Skip the first rune in favor of a point blank zorhalth on the body that lost spirit is coming from, if that fails have Mr Big insert the split sword into its ribcage then twist the blade so the edges are vertical and pull the trigger.
have myself and Mr Big step back after each attack so as not to obscure Tod's line of fire.

Must reach hoverbowl... must build ballistae...

[pot:2+1,6+1]
Your first rune-which is actually the second one you sent me- reforms into the image of something vaguely stick like. The second one makes the ground twitch and move on it's own.

You run out to the street and the Lost spirit that is taking advantage of Tod's self inflicted injuries
[Ls spd:6]
[spd:1+1]
[LS dex:4]
[dex:6]
You sidestep as the Lost spirit hurls it's free hand at you and run straight up to the body it's coming out of.
[pot:5+1]
The corpse the Lost spirit is rising from bursts into flame and burns away; the spirit vanishing with a screech as it does.

You gain a point.

try to bonemechanics your broken foot again
crows?
Phal Zzeralleth Caoncarthel
[will:1]
[end:2]
Your skull explodes into tiny little bone fragments. It's amazingly ironic considering the object that let you accidentally murder yourself is a helmet.

You respawn.

"Ahhh... Excellent. Everything is proceeding according to plan. The time has come. For centuries I have waited to emerge from the shadows and now I will make myself known! But first, I need power." After rambling on like a complete idiot for a few more minutes about his plans and how they were going along nicely to no-one in particular, Octo gave some blood to the altar of Sha-calun the Everflame and several cliches later went outside and raised his arms purposefully. "Ancient spirit of evil, transform the power of my words into Fluffy, the ever moving!"

Give some blood to the Everflame God. Then go outside and say "Harialltontal Aels Karenthar Zzeralthonth Zoth-Hareth Hobitaeaod" while thinking of a cheetah (but a fluffy little kitten is fine too).

((Let's see if these words work like I think they do.))

You make a quick offering and get yourself under Sha-calun's tutelage and then run outside.
 [pot:2+1]
You summon a kitten with tiny wings. It darts about, looking around.

"Oh dear. Oh no. How did I get here? Where is here? Why am I so adorable?"

"Ah, the taste of a freshly harvested soul. Truly there is nothing sweeter."
Plus one to Channelling.
Find Raiders. Kill Raiders.

You wander down to the raider cages. There's another freaking mage here, abusing Kin and Thrakor. Oh well, time to get to smashing.
[spd:1]
[mage spd:6]
[mage pot:4]
[mage dex:3]
[spd:2]
The mage fires a spray of mercury at you, catching you in the left arm and spinning you backwards. The mercury clings to you, glowing bright red, and begins to eat away at your arm, dissolving it down to a stump before it all finally drips back to the ground as swollen lumps of glowing red under thin skins of silver.

Leave the altar room, and go to the Altar of Nul-Shael.
Inspect room

Nul-shael's altar is the same basin and knife setup in front of a pedestal holding a tree that has leaves of every element.

((Did you just turn me into a plan-crystal man? Daaaamn. This rune is epic. Page 1 of runes is elements, right?))

"Whoa. Only one thing could make this even better."

Say "Clo-caltel Ku-karua Gathel-Lereth" and head out to the clothing place. Don't forget to pick up my sword, of course.
[pot:3]
Your arm becomes a clockwork, robotic limb made of silvery magnetic metal. But the transformation lasts only a few seconds and then vanishes.

You sigh and head down to the clothing shop.
"Feel like I'm forgettin' somethin'. Bah, I kin make a new one."

Walk toward the Sha-Calun the Everflame shrine.
Consider yourself there, bro-friend.

Jixiu runs down the path to the guy with the shot-bow and Sayna.
"Hello... there! Whew! Man... *pant*... I'm outta shape. Mind... If I... Join?"
You run back up the path, actually, and catch up with The guy wielding the 6 shot crossbow.

"Ah, handy."

Runes.
[pot:1+1, 6+1,6+1]
Nothing, nothing and nothing. Hmm, the last two were definitely activating but maybe they weren't being used in such a way that their effects were noticeable.

"I hate all of you!"

Kill with electric eyebeams!

Also, you have me at 1/2 pool.  Since I didn't actually cast last turn, shouldn't I be 2/2?
(yeah, sometimes I forget to change it back.)
Also your head isn't sitting where you can shoot electric beams out of your eyes at him. You really can't do crap against him in terms of firing shit at him unless he comes around back toward you.

Resist urge to salivate over awesome shotgun crossbow. Offer the man the glass shatter-bolts as compensation.

"These are glass-tipped arrows... I'm sure that, with that kind of firepower, these things could be downright cruel.

Clo-caltel Chall-thel Hamashalia Jubhal-helth.

Slightly sciencing!
[pot:2]
It is a dark day for science. A dark day indeed. Also your arrows won't work with his crossbow. He needs bolts.

In order, cast as-yet-undetermined spell on self and activate my chest mark, send my minion to kill the mage (Or whoever's left), then attack heavy myself.  Resist the temptation to soccer kick Thrakor into the enemy, despite how effective this might be.
[pot:1+1]
Goddamn it. Oh well, stil got this chest mark!

You activate it. It produces an aura of distorting dust all around your chest. In a sphere around your chest. This results in your head and all your limbs being violently and explosively severed from your body.

God damn it.

You respawn.

"I don't suppose you've heard of Rule one either?"

Run up to the heavy and say Garstopit.

((Because living is overrated.))
[spd:1+2]
[heavy spd:2-1]
[cog pot:1]
[end:1]
You manage to completely dissolve yourself with toxin before he can even reach you. HA! Wait...this is some what of a Pyrrhic victory.

You respawn.

"Ha! Joke's on you! I didn't have anything to lose!"

Mountains to the sea.

The narrow path away from the village continues along the side of the mountain, curving slowly across it's face toward the distant southern ocean. As you follow it, pressing yourself against the stone of the mountain and trying to ignore the sheer drop inches away, you come across something.It looks like a broken crate, with bits of rusted metal spilling out of it. Up ahead, the path opens up onto an overlook of sorts.

Well, you can't do that here, so lets move you on out to the temple grounds.

[pot:6]
You summon a burst of very fast electricity. And considering how fast electricity already is, this shit is REALLY fast. Doesn't effect your sword though. Just kinda happens in front of you.

"Guess I'm not he-man."

Kin uses Rothon on mage.

"I regret nothing!"
[pot:4]
[mage aware:1]

Kin uses thunder bolt!

The enemy mage is caught in a burst of electricity! He spasms and dies!

It's super effective!

You get a Point!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3566 on: March 31, 2013, 02:28:05 am »

((Odd I though I used the gauntlet word... [Derm I believe there is an error in the lexicon]))
Go find enemies kill enemies using words (hopefully from a good distance)
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: March 31, 2013, 02:32:59 am »

((Meh, That does not seem like it will do a decent amount of damage..))
*Say "Hathic Contallthelthel" while thinking about a bastard sword*
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: March 31, 2013, 02:33:46 am »

NUH-UH
i dont have time.Permadeath yourself with throatstab at the altar of flesh.
sorry,but my life is getting in the way.
I am a Goober.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: March 31, 2013, 02:35:20 am »

((Well then, speaking that the RNG hates me, let's try something overly suicidal.))
Say Hath-caon Shaazeshelial, and activate the mark, if my body stays rubber for more than a minute, hurl myself off the cliff.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 435