Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961750 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: The turn of suicides.
« Reply #3600 on: March 31, 2013, 05:12:04 pm »

Hmm. I'm curious as to what kinds of words I can feed into the base spell now...
Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon Rotheleaod Kenthablaw.

Imagine a crossbow with a clockwork system to pull the string back to different strengths, one for quickly firing a shot, one for average range, and one to snipe something from distance.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: March 31, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »

@Thrakor:
"If you wanted to be more than a head, I could make you an electric control item, but you might want to find someone better at manipulating elements."
((Both Kin and I have 1 will, while yours is 0. Of course, if one of us accidentally kills you, it would be permanent.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: March 31, 2013, 07:20:28 pm »

"Trust me, being a head sucks ass.  If you can do it, it's a risk I'm willing to take to get it fixed now.  If you get me back to health, I can even throw you a couple cool words or something.  Or hey, you can have that lightning in a bottle thing I have."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: March 31, 2013, 07:39:45 pm »

"Ok, but I want to fix my arm first, so I can transform back to flesh without bleeding out, so I can hold an electric control staff without it disintegrating."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: March 31, 2013, 08:02:00 pm »

"Fair enough.  Oh, and I might have to use the item anyway- if it's an electric item you probably won't be able to hold it to use it."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: March 31, 2013, 08:11:35 pm »

"I was actually planning to make it from something non-conductive, probably diamond."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: March 31, 2013, 11:55:23 pm »

"Interesting... Those must be used solely in circles..."

More runes!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3607 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:24 am »

((Odd I though I used the gauntlet word... [Derm I believe there is an error in the lexicon]))
Go find enemies kill enemies using words (hopefully from a good distance)
I may have misread the initial word, or you may have accidentally copied the wrong one or something. I dunno.

You walk down to the raider cages and take advantage of the fact that the heavy there is fighting 3 people at once.
[Spd:5-1]
[raider spd:5-1]
[spd:1-2]
[raider spd:5-2]
[raider dex:2]
[pot:3]
[dex:5]
[raider spd:4-2]
The raider vanishes in a beam of pure arcane energy. You immediately vomit lava. Ugh. You feel kinda sick.

((Meh, That does not seem like it will do a decent amount of damage..))
*Say "Hathic Contallthelthel" while thinking about a bastard sword*
[magihound spd:4+1]
[spd:5]
[spd:4+2]
[hound spd:3+1]
You summon a tiny little crystal toothpick. This is very unhelpful for fighting the vicious dog.   
[hound dex:5]
[hound str:4]
[spd:4+2]
You leap to the side as the Magihound's fangs snap shut around the space your throat used to occupy. Geez.

NUH-UH
i dont have time.Permadeath yourself with throatstab at the altar of flesh.
sorry,but my life is getting in the way.
We'll just leave you standing around, comatose, encase you ever decide to come back.

((Well then, speaking that the RNG hates me, let's try something overly suicidal.))
Say Hath-caon Shaazeshelial, and activate the mark, if my body stays rubber for more than a minute, hurl myself off the cliff.
[pot:6]
Your entire body turns to rubber. Yay!

You run over to the edge of the temple grounds and do a flying leap off the side of the mountain, down toward the village below.
[end:3]
You bounce all the way down the side of the mountain, skipping off sharp rocks and hitting the path a few times on the way down. You finally land all the way down on the street of the village homes, minus your right leg and a chunk of your left arm that you left somewhere back up on the side of the mountain.

"Can someone please command Patrick to control his own movements?"
Silica places her right palm on Patrick and says "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod"
((The following is in-character but not in-game))
(("Hello, my name is Silica Tykki and I will be presenting the Perplexicon weather for today. The previously scattered crimson showers caused by accidental suicide has returned today due to the self-termination of three other characters. Black clouds continue to loom over our magic researchers due a series of poor dice rolls and a possible flaw in the grimoires of the Aether Science Cooperative. Finally, the winds of weapon manufacturing are remaining capricious with Derm creating yet another directed energy weapon while Sanya learns that arrows are incompatible with crossbows.
This has been Perplexicon Weather, brought to you by the Aether Science Cooperative, reminding you that despite the rumors, making a faustian contract with Derm is not a compulsory part of the partnership agreement."
))

You don't have the bear with you. He's up at the temple. And doing shit with him means running back up there and then running back down here, potentially into more birds or worse. You sure you wanna do that?

"Wait, how did he make mercury affect me? And why did that stop me from continuing my attack if I don't feel pain in this form? Oh well, time to put that new soul to use:
Cainthalsaz Zzeralleth Hobitaeaod Contallthelthel."
Use sword to will my arm to regrow.
[pot:3+1]
You summon up a dust-arcane control sword, thats a little bit more of a knife then a sword, all things considered, but hell, it works. You consentrate on using it to regenerate your limb.

[will:3]
Well...you make your stump a little less ragged.

Do stuff i haven't decided on yet.

+1 to channeling because my secret minion is pool intensive.

i cant decide whether to head deeper into the word or run back to the temple and hitch a ride over it :(

"~How-terrible-I-am-sorry.~"

Say "Shalzethtol" at the bastardly thing catching me by the arm that is made of wind! Hope it dies. If not, have Tod-2A chop at it and see if anything happens.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tod loses an arm as Sven launches a sneak attack and shouts a word down at his prone body. Tod counters with his own word an instant later.
Sven easily dodges out of the way of a burst of screaming green souls and both mages launch their minions into the fray.
Sven's minion swings a powerful downward blow toward Tod-2a. Tod-2a is injured, only half as large and armed with nothing but a cleaver, but even injured as he is, he's faster. He parries Minion's blow, slapping the blade to the side, and hacking a few superficial wounds into the giant.

"Looks like I can't fit them in my shotbow. Oh well. Anyways I'm pretty much all prepared myself so I'm heading down past the wall. If three need any help then just like the girl did before."

Helping people feels good.... though I mainly did it to get stronger by killing some birds... like what happened when I "knocked out" the one guy....
((Hey can you get souls from creatures instead of crazy people and ghosts of crazy people?))

Head down past wall and into the village. If nothing get's in my way, look around for a torch or something and then into the trap door in the church that I shouldn't even know about.

You wander back down to the village homes and look around.

"Well, I could check out the warehouse for a torch, or one of these homes, or just hope there might be one in the church over there. Which to do, which to do."

Kin climbs up from the cliff edge and picks one of the metal sticks the mage threw at Thrakor.

"You okay, buddy? Would you like me to carry you if I don't get instantly shocked?"

Kin gains +1 to Channeling.
You pick up one of the metal rods, holding it like a staff, and squat down next to the electro-head laying on the path.

Man, the reception up here is terrible. Oh well, you know what they say, when life gives you kittens, butcher them for crafts and meat. thought Octo as he turned towards the kitten. "Hey! You! Kitten! Stop moving around, you're giving me a headache. You are in the Anchor of the Eight, a temple atop a mountain, the last place in this world left untouched by the influence of the Other. You have been summoned here by me, Doctor Octogonopus, to help me gain power, conquer all and eventually cleanse these lands from the influence of the Other. As for the adorable part, I don't know, it just happened. Who knows? It may help you stay alive if we come upon someone weak willed. And don't worry about death. If you die I can just summon you again... if you prove useful enough. Now, are you done asking questions like an annoying child in a prison ship? You know what curiosity did to the cat, right?" said Octo with a sinister look in his face.

Ask the kitten:"Now it's time to ask my questions: What is your name, what is the last thing you remember and are you willing to help me conduct morally questionable experiments to humans?"

Talk to the kitten. See if I can control it by ordering it (first by speech, then by mind if speech doesn't work) to sit still do a cute little kitten dance try to fly or at least glide a bit.

Try "Harialltontal Wortheliel Rosha-halel" while thinking of an altar to the quicksilver god. Also, PM words.

((I've decided to keep any obscure or unknown words that could be used against me a secret. Everything else will be said out loud.))

((EDIT:@piecewise: Oh and I just noticed that my character stats say:
"Sha-calun the Everflame Lv.0 (7/20 6 natural pot roll/flame usage)
(reroll natural pot 1's)"
Shouldn't it be "0/20" (except if the flame god also likes kittens) since I just pledged myself to him? Or maybe I get points based on the potency of my character. I'm not complaining, just making sure I'm not cheating.))
(fixed that. Thanks for letting me know.)
"I dunno, I dunno, And I guess?"

You ask the Kitten to fly but it can't manage it. It's wings are too small.

[pot:1+1]
The mark on your forehead burns
[pot:3+1]
You summon up an altar made of mercury. It immediately and very quickly collapses into a pool. Because you're trying to make a structure out of a dang fluid. 
[pot:6+1]
A cube appears in front of you. It's about 6 inches on each side, solid black, and extremely dangerous.
[str:1-1]

You, the cat, and several benches from the surrounding area, get violently sucked into the cube, shredded long before you ever touch it.

You respawn in the spawn room.

"Huh. Strange. Well, I have no desire to try magic anymore."

Head out and inspect the altars.

The Altar to Blastel looks like it might appeal to one without any desire to meddle in the affairs of wizards any more.

Give up some blood and a pinky toe for show.
Leave said building if I get my mark

You give some blood and a single leaf of the tree separates and drifts over to you, embedding itself in your chest. It is the leaf made of Sand. You shrug and head down and out to the Temple grounds.

Do whatever it is your do to pledge yourself to a god.

((I think it's blood offering? I mildly forgot. Any help from the peanut gallery on this one?))

You give some blood and get yourself a complementary mark of Sha-calun. Yay Fire!

"Well at least I know that I'm actually a mage instead of hallucinating hobo..."

Try matching the rubber finger to each of my fleshy ones to determine whether that spell was supposed to summon right arm armor or left arm armor.

Then try a new spell, "Rentheaol Taaleth"

((I have the horrible feeling I'm summoning a giant mass of plastic.))

Looks like it is for the right hand, but it appeared on your right hand as well, so maybe the magic just knows which hand it needs to be "made" for. That's convenient!

[pot:4]
I have no "Taaleth" in my book. Make sure you're spelling that right.

Hrmph. Fine. Got a word for another armor piece this turn at least. If someone has the word for shield, I will share the word for wings with them.
Grumble. Say Adamenstiar Baltaellsheral. Put on the resulting gauntlets or whatever.
[pot:5]
You get a full set of not only matching gauntlets but complete arm armor that covers from the shoulder down. Sweeeet.

"Right, lets get this party started."

Shareeb Rothon Shaontrod Harialltontal Donth

Then lets start heading down the mountain, closely examining my surroundings, people near me, areas of interest, and routes to travel.

Your spell fails to take. Perhaps something about it is off? No matter, you head down the path, following the switchback path down the mountain until you reach the village: a cluster of buildings carved into the stone of the mountain, following the slope  downward along the path of the main road. You make it out to the Village homes, just past the Village's outer gate, and find two people fighting each other. Their weapon of choice seems to be "Giant naked men."

Kin climbs up from the cliff edge and picks one of the metal sticks the mage threw at Thrakor.

"You okay, buddy? Would you like me to carry you if I don't get instantly shocked?"
"Yeah, could you give me a hand?  Just wrap me in a robe or something and point my face at people.  I can shoot eyebeams!  Or if you can find someone that can do three word spells, they could make me an electric control weapon so I could fix myself.  That'd be pretty swell."

Kin tries to pick Thrakor up with a improvised bag cloth made from the mage's clothes while also making sure to not have the metal stick in the general vicinity of him.

"Wanna go somewhere specific or should I pick a way?"

Only cloth you have on hand, besides your bandages, is your robe or your hat. Either you're going hatless, naked, or you're making more fabric.

((Quick question: do I photosynthesize? With the being a crystal- plant man and stuff.))

Say "Clo-caltel Ku-karua Gathel-Lereth" again and get a fancy suit and a fedora. Then head back to "my" house
(Maybe? I dunno. You don't need to be standing in sunlight to survive, if thats what you're asking. )
You get yourself a nice suit and fedora-strange that they would have these, eh?- and say your words.
[pot:6]
You get yourself your magnetic, clockwork arm. Awesome! Now you're totally gonna win that Comic-con costume contest!

You scurry back off to "your" home.

((I believe that the Anti-Magic field is only in the spawn room, to prevent spawnkills.))
[Its on every floor but the basement. I assume that, yes, it is to indeed prevent spawnkilling, but its entirely possible to take a sword and some armor and wait in the spawn room. People wouldn't much like you however, and it would be a rather cheap thing to do.]

Glassco nods at John. "Fair enough." He takes a good look around to see the available routes for a flying bowl that avoids such things that are dangerous to their organs. If none are present, go parallel to the path, if one is present, go that direction but stick close to the mountain for now.

Sticking close the the mountain meaning, "if bad things happen and people do the magic that makes us fall down, we won't go splat too badly."
Well, the route to the forest far below, as well as the one to the sea, look dangerous, but much less so then any way over toward the north, or east. Really, flying anywhere seems like it would be fraught with some degree of peril.

Inspect this crate, and salvage anything of interest, then continue to the overlook.

The crate seems to be filled with mechanical parts; large bits and pieces for machines of one sort or another. Hmm. Nothing that looks like it would really be terribly useful to someone like you though. You continue on to the overlook.

The path here widens thanks to a natural rock outcropping, and you climb to the edge to take a good look around. Below you and to the south, the path continues down towards the beach, but branches halfway there. The first branch looks like it leads to the actual beach, while the  second leads to a ruin of some sort. From your vantage point the ruin, half lost in sea fog, looks like a dock or shipyard, but it's been heavily damaged. Even from here you can make out the craters and twisted metal.

Also, on my character sheet, it only lists 2/20 uses of my element. Is that on purpose? Because I could swear I've used it more than twice...
I only count it when you roll 4 or higher for the use. You used it a lot but not many were successful. I may have missed some though. I'll bump it up to 5.

"I had a feeling that might happen... Should've tested it on my hand first..."

Go align myself with Flux, then exit the building and cast spell on myself.

You quickly get yourself under flux's protection and then head out to the temple grounds and cast a spell.
[pot:6+1]

Ok, here's the thing. When you use that word, it marks whatever you're touching. But since PC's have multiple zones that can be marked, you need to pick which zone you want to be marked by it. ie which zone you want to be touching when you say the words.

Hmm. I'm curious as to what kinds of words I can feed into the base spell now...
Clo-caltel Zothelthcaon Rotheleaod Kenthablaw.

Imagine a crossbow with a clockwork system to pull the string back to different strengths, one for quickly firing a shot, one for average range, and one to snipe something from distance.

(Hey Tsuch. If you really want to be a magical smith of high regard, you should try out the circle magic. Words have great offensive potential, but circles far exceed their capacity to do fun things with objects)

[pot:2]

Sad trombone.

"Interesting... Those must be used solely in circles..."

More runes!

These don't do anything either. They activate just fine...well, sort of. The first one activates after a little while, the second after twice as long, the third after three times as long. Huh.

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: April 01, 2013, 01:16:17 am »

((Crap forgot about the hound XD))
*Try to hit the magihound with "Rothon Garstorpit", if that fails hack it apart with the cleaver*
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: April 01, 2013, 01:23:42 am »

((Hey, I survived.  That is… kind of surprising.))
Look around for danger, if there is no danger say Hath-caon Talo.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: April 01, 2013, 01:35:02 am »

FINISH HIM! FOR STEVE!

Stay out of derms line of fire and get the fuck out of dex free caster range before its harry's turn to cast.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:54:42 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 01, 2013, 01:35:14 am »

"Dangit. Oh well, may as well use that pool."
"Adamenstiar Shubha Hobitaeaod Rothon"
Will my arm back. If I succeed, drop sword, deactivate mark, and pick up staff (provided it won't zap me) and will Thrakor to regrow his body.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: April 01, 2013, 01:39:16 am »

Well let's inspect the warehouse... but first a test! I wanna see I can work these marks from long range.

Look for a big chuck of rock or piece of wood. Say "Dorbaelo Uristrast" but don't activate resulting mark. Walk away a little and then try activating it with will power! (or some other means of long range mark activation.) If it works, awesome! If not, go pick it up and hold it over my mouth and activate it because I need a drink...

After the little experiment, head into the warehouse. Look for some torches or at the least stuff to make a torch. While I'm at it, look for glass bottles. I got a plan with those hahaha....
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: April 01, 2013, 01:52:57 am »

"Hm... Forest or ocean, forest or ocean... On one hand, crashing would result in broken trees and pain. On the other hand, crashing would probably result in drowning. Maybe. Worst we'll see is maybe some lesser, non-sky pirates if we go to the sea though, while we may see other mages if we head to the forest. Mages, would that be a good term for those of us trying to break the seal? Seal breakers? Avatar killers? Naive Rubes?" Glassco ponders, lost in thought on a different tangent. "Well, unless you would like to weigh in Captain John of the Escaping Bones, I suggest the sea. I think said bones flew that-a-way, and you seem keen on finding your spine."

Unless John weighs in, go the ocean route! This ship bowl be sailing for the great blue!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: April 01, 2013, 02:18:31 am »

Silica follows her party. She says "Szahell Shaontrod"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 435