Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961991 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:99 failures, one amazing success.
« Reply #4110 on: April 13, 2013, 10:35:33 pm »

Exit stasis. Examine room I'm in. Determine state of self, for instance if I am still alive.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: April 13, 2013, 11:55:37 pm »

Go to the side of the guy that Saurinae isn't on, point at the enemy and say "Brio Taroth"
((Might as well try some of the targeting words))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: April 13, 2013, 11:56:09 pm »

"Interesting... I hope someone who can use this comes here soon. I'd like to see it tested."
((I'll just spawn camp for now. As in literally camping outside the spawn making equipment for people.))
Silica says <words>
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: April 14, 2013, 01:24:41 am »

Science with runes!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: April 14, 2013, 02:36:09 am »

Place hand on bear
Say Dorbaelo Zoth-Hareth
Levitate some sand, Shape sand
Say Thaltelsho

SingularByte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: April 14, 2013, 02:50:47 am »

"Readying weapons! It'll pay for underestimating us. If we kill it, how about we turn it to stone or wood and use it as a ship?"

When it surfaces, I say "Kelio Chall-thel Conth", concentrating on the creature.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: April 14, 2013, 03:29:56 am »

"~Sweet! Now-I-have-got-a-minion-again! I-shall-call-you-Pretty-Joe!~"

Item creation go!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:35:27 am by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: April 14, 2013, 04:09:43 am »

Draw it again!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4118 on: April 14, 2013, 11:33:13 am »

Kin wills the headless body to stick to Thrakor's head. Kin then says Rothon Szahell and thinks of electric bandages. if Thrakor's head is still loose use the bandage to wrap it firmly. If there is no problem see if Kin can manipulate the bandage into a shape of a whip.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: April 14, 2013, 01:42:52 pm »

"Fucking finally."

Onward to the crossroads!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: April 14, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »

"Fucking. Genius. If we kill it, we should make it into our new ship! Imagine flying through the sky on a giant serpent! If we kill it, why not bring it to undeath, give it flight, and make it ours? Fly through the sky on a great serpent of the sea!"

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: April 15, 2013, 05:56:12 am »

Jixiu wakes up quite suddenly from an impromptu nap. "Huh? Wha? Oh, dammit. I fell asleep. Oh well!"
He gets up and goes down to the village, spear at the ready.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4122 on: April 15, 2013, 01:07:52 pm »

i will bend you to my will. I assume that a shift in the words could net me a weapon that involves fungal bears, but that test is later.

BEAR ARMS
Clo-Caltel Heabishai No-noheim Shubhallethel.
[pot:1]
[end:6-1]
You are now a bear. You cannot speak. But you are a bear. Who needs magic when you're a bear?

"To the North!"

Drop off and fly northbound. Search for a town.

"YEARGH! Science!"

You fly up and toward the north. You don't make it far before you find something wandering through the clouds. It's a zeppelin, an airship of brass and silvered cloth with rows of cannons and great propellers. It's clearly seen better days; a large part of it is missing, as though bitten or torn off, and it seems to be drifting derelict.   

At least until it trains its cannons on you and the crew begins to swarm the deck. Oh dear.

Garstorpit Shorbitael. Draw my sword, activate, and unleash the fury!

[spd:1]
[PM spd:4+3]
[PM dex:3]
[PM str:5]
The Creature springs forward with unnatural speed, closing the distance between you and it in an instant and wrapping itself around your head. It's pale mask like face splits open like a horrible flower revealing a lamprey mouth full of fangs dripping with poison. It bites randomly at your head, trying to find somewhere it's poison would have an effect.

Luckily you're a robot so you don't give two shits. Hmm, although this makes casting rather hard...OH, wait!
[dex:6]
[str:4+3]
With the dexterity of a chainsword ninja you hack the thing off your face, all the while screaming something about "These motherfucking snakes on your motherfucking face."

You gain a point.

Ahah... hah... I think I'm ready to join.
As I said, BIG archive to read. I think I know what about 70 words do, though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

On spawn, look around. Look at book in hand, and open it up. After reading some of it get out of the room to get some air.
"O-oh, OK. No idea where I am or why, strange book with lots of strange words covered in notes that aren't mine, and surrounded by dead guys. Not going to panic, not going to panic..."
Milo's book is filled with notes; Most of them overlap each other and get in each others way, and many of them even overlap with the magic words. However, the magic words remain clear enough to read and make out, if some of them are obscured or even deliberately scratched out by the many people who no doubt made these notes.

((Might want to make a slight update to the OP, PW. The fact that there's still a wait list on it is probably why some people are saying "waitlisting" when joining; Also, most of the current players list is outdated, too. Maybe just replace them with "see most recent update"?))
Well, you head out into the hall of the gods. More air here, you suppose. Also more altars to questionably benevolent gods. Yay questionable benevolence!

OK. So my computer crashed last night as I was about 3/4ths or more done with the post. Guess how much Text was recoverable? Yeah, the posts above this. So If the posts from here down seem truncated or are lacking rolls, it's because i remember what the outcome was but not what the rolls were.

Will my fungus missiles to launch into the enraged locals, then if any hit, Will them to consume them alive. Then Will my armor to grow those muscles and become fungus PowerArmor.

Alternatively, if the locals are already dead, chat with these other people and wander into the forest to look for trouble.

"...Hi."
Ok so your missiles hit and killed the guy that saurinae was fighting. But your attempts to make power armor failed-got like a 1+2, at least this turn. You gained  point though.

Doctor Octogonapus - Team Bismuth - Village homes

I'm pretty sure I sent you a PM. I can see it in my sent folder. Oh well, maybe the forum ate it and it never arrived. Sent it again.

You got a pyramid, a lock and a shield, all made of fire. They don't last though. Because you know, fire.

Gouge his eyes out, and try to reach his brain while doing so.

Basically, you missed and he got in a weak hit that didn't count for anything since you're a zombie.

"HAHAHA! Would you look at that thing! Higher Sparky, forward and upward! Faster! Get ready for possible evasive maneuvers! I want to get a look at that thing from above without it catching us! Its huge!" Glassco was grinning rather manically underneath his mask, his mask hiding his rather disturbingly excited face. "Look at the lights on its body! It must need those to see in the dark waters! Its huge!" He states again for emphasis, giving another laugh. "Captain John! Ready the artillery! Lets bring it down when it appears! Fire when ya see the light of its nodules! Hah, if only I could control more than just Sparky, imagine if I could control that thing! A true serpent of the sea, no fairy tale but real!" Glassco also attempts to mentally see if he can figure out all Sparky can do if he can, and it doesn't interfere with the much more important action.

[Hah, a real challenge to fight! No peasant with a pitchfork, no spirit from a corpse, no men with axes, blades, or knives, such are easy to fight. Now this though, this will be fun no matter the outcome. Time to put those 'doomsday' spells to the test!]

Ok, here's the deal boy-o. I don't have anything planned for being out there on the sea. It's not a big deal, lore wise there are a few islands out there I can let you explore, though I would basically be making them up as we go, map wise. But the thing is that getting to them would require moving quite a ways through monster infested seas and skies that are frankly quite beyond your guy's level, both soul wise and knowledge of words wise. Feel free to keep going for it, but I just wanted to give you a heads up before you lose sparky and end up back at spawn.

Hmmh. Ok then. Did I just make poor mans antimatter?
Go see this lich guy, ask him if there are some monsters around that should be killed, and that they know the location of. Say Cainthalsaz Contallthelthel.
Magic swords, taken up to 11.
Well magic doesn't work up in that room with mr.monk, so that doesn't work. But he basically tells you that they have sealed a nigh endless amount of powerful manifestations of the other and that you could do battle with them if you so desire, to destroy them once and for all.

Try more runes!

Your runes all fail and you are eaten by a grue.

No, but your circle produced a burst of necromantic power in the form of several hundred glowing green rings that sort of exploded upward and then vanished.

Ugh... i should really start specifying to cast shit if i would otherwise sit around doing nothing...

Shoot the golem with my arcane crossbow then follow up with words as necessary, if its still alive afterwards have Mr big disarm it after handing me the split sword.
Ok so it tore mr.big's head off and then his body in half, so he's gone. And your arcane shot managed to destroy it's left arm. Your words got a 2+1 so no dice there.

Try to turn the bandit into mush by repeatedly bashing the crap outta him with my quarterstaff
He's dead by the time you can start swinging your rigid staff around.

"GAHH This is getting ridiculous"
Use sword on captain also say "Zzeralleth Shael"
Ok so your sword blow misses, and he dodges the breath attack, but you actually manage to kill the Heavy with a block and counter attack. So thats something.

((Fuck I meant to use P2 words instead of P3 words.))

Ozzy just shrugs at his own incompetence moves on to new words.

Having reached an intersection he lets chance choose his new path.  Using one hand to cover his eyes, another to pat his head, and third to rub his tummy he spins in a circle with his last hand extended.   He will go wherever that hand points as long as it isn't back where he came or off a cliff.

((Do I get 2 actions since I missed last round?))

(I think you forgot to send me words. Or the forum ate them or something. As per your random thing lets say, you chose the way down that leads to the raider camp and forest and crap.)

((Kill a person? You know what, screw my self imposed rule for my character. Not killing people is real annoying.))

Hm.... maybe I'll come back here later. I'm gonna find out what's behind this door eventually, but maybe I should find out more about it first.

Take one last look around around in case I might've missed something and then head out. Go to the tavern with the barkeep guy. Unless I have to find out about it first. Then go to to the town square and look for a tavern. While I'm doing that, test out the phrase, "Xeroshal Adamenstiar"
Well you search around the room again find a sword hidden with one of the bodies! It feels strangely cold. And you head to the ruined tavern and your words produce nothing at all. Nothing at all. Nothing at all.

Pet Thrakor's head, or at least rub my necrotic flesh on something made of electricity.  There's gotta be a lightning fetus laying around or something.

Then say words, and if I roll a four or higher, head into the bandit camp with my minion and play "punch many things".
You poke at one of the electrobodies and big surprise, it's not healthy for you.

And you rolled a one, so...yeah.

My bleedin' 'ead!

"I don't think that worked right!"

Words.  Again.
You get two phantom images. First is a set of grasping, twitching tendrils or tentacles. Second is just a mass that crawls off along the ground at high speeds in front of you.

Exit stasis. Examine room I'm in. Determine state of self, for instance if I am still alive.
You sir are standing around in the basement. Propped in a corner like a discard broom.

Go to the side of the guy that Saurinae isn't on, point at the enemy and say "Brio Taroth"
((Might as well try some of the targeting words))
Unfortunately that guy is dead now. Let us mourn his passing with a moment of not caring whatsoever.

"Interesting... I hope someone who can use this comes here soon. I'd like to see it tested."
((I'll just spawn camp for now. As in literally camping outside the spawn making equipment for people.))
Silica says <words>
Well you summon a pair of metal pants with force fields around them. Makes putting them on quite hard.

Science with runes!
salt, ink and sand.

Place hand on bear
Say Dorbaelo Zoth-Hareth
Levitate some sand, Shape sand
Say Thaltelsho

you manage to make it intelligent but all it does is berate you for making it out of sand.

Your levitation and shaping works, but your summoning of more sand does not.

"~Sweet! Now-I-have-got-a-minion-again! I-shall-call-you-Pretty-Joe!~"

Item creation go!
One of your words there is misspelled I think. The one starting with G.

I should really start making misspelled words result in a random different word and just not tell people about it. That would fuck with you guys, wouldn't it?

Draw it again!
It makes a lump of diamond again.  The circle is working fine; ever consider that maybe those runes and that circle just result in a lump of diamond?

Kin wills the headless body to stick to Thrakor's head. Kin then says Rothon Szahell and thinks of electric bandages. if Thrakor's head is still loose use the bandage to wrap it firmly. If there is no problem see if Kin can manipulate the bandage into a shape of a whip.
You get thrakor's head stuck on right this time. But your electro bandage fails to materialize.

"Fucking finally."

Onward to the crossroads!
So you make it down to the sea intersection.

Jixiu wakes up quite suddenly from an impromptu nap. "Huh? Wha? Oh, dammit. I fell asleep. Oh well!"
He gets up and goes down to the village, spear at the ready.

looks like someone needs to...Stay Frosty.

Yeah you make it to the village homes and find a man with a torch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: April 15, 2013, 01:28:49 pm »

((Piecewise, the circle failed last time :P))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4124 on: April 15, 2013, 01:30:54 pm »

I WILL have my fungusy Powerarmor! Then put that point in will and summon the extra Thallid that gives me. Will this one to have a huge rack of fungus missiles on top. And then head deeper into the forest.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 435