Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962341 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4425 on: April 23, 2013, 06:51:47 pm »

I'm sorry for revealing it, I was trying to learn various words myself.
But you can sort-of relax. You only know the word for black hole if you already know the word for sand.
I'll be careful to hide my words from now on, in order to maintain anyone's secrecy.

Today's words are all known widely except one, and they're hidden today. So, unless one of the words I used is more dangerous then I thought, or the unknown word (which the Teams probably both know, it's a pg1) is dangerous, then I should survive this time.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

luvmonke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:21 pm »

Investigate the thing that's sitting off by the side of the road, as I can always continue to the waycastle or outpost later.

Approach whatever it is cautiously muttering words as I go.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: April 23, 2013, 08:33:59 pm »

So, peace corsair? I've agreed to heal Sanya.
((He's already edited his post, he'll still be arming his skeleton but he won't attack you.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: April 23, 2013, 08:39:07 pm »

Also I totally rolled a ten for dex that turn.  I think that spell answers my earlier question as to if it was possible to kill everyone in the arena with a single cast.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: April 23, 2013, 10:21:40 pm »

((5 bucks says I found a random spell combination that will destroy the general area. And me, if casted poorly.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: April 23, 2013, 10:41:36 pm »

((5 bucks says I found a random spell combination that will destroy the general area. And me, if casted poorly.))
5 bucks says i can destroy your general location from the shipyard
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: April 23, 2013, 11:37:38 pm »

Ten bucks says you can do it with only two words and two turns.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4432 on: April 24, 2013, 12:49:46 am »

We can turn the ground you're standing on into black hole goats with our runes. How many people can say that?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: April 24, 2013, 01:02:11 am »

Twenty bucks says you can do that without a circle, just the runes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: April 24, 2013, 02:00:51 am »

We can turn the ground you're standing on into black hole goats with our runes. How many people can say that?
((Everyone in Aether, Bismuth and anyone else who knows the required words. Not that it'll be of much use due to the suicide chance. Unless of course, the amount of souls the user is likely to gain is greater than half their current soul count (assuming of course, the souls gained are added after the 50% reduction due to death) and there aren't any allies nearby.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4435 on: April 24, 2013, 02:15:58 am »

My staff, his body being mind crushed into scrap. My will be done!
[spd:3]
[Riv spd:1]
[will:1]
Lets see...that staff is made of steel and controls steel.

You are made of steel.

There was a request to crush a steel body.

Guess whose steel body ends up crushed?

[end:2]

Welcome back to the spawn. Also lose a point from something. Doesn't matter what.

Um, what? Did you just completely ignore tsuchigumo's status? And the first part of mine? She just ran into one of my landmines, and is totally pissed and wants to kill me, and I'm trying to kill her and the dude with her before they can kill me. And it's far too funny/hilarious to ignore. Also I think you've forgotten to count my wills for the last three turns. I should be well above 16/20, probably past the next level.

Regardless, my next turn is the same as my last - Kill Sanya and Superblast (and anyone else who attacks me) before they kill me do the healing thing on Sanya, Summon Thallids, and try to heal myself. And if anyone attacks me anyway, have my fungus consume them. And defuse any remaining landmines, those things are trouble.

Fakeedit- Damn I'm complaining a lot. Sorry bout that. I really do like your game, and I look forward to reading it every day. (Also we need more emotes. I want one that conveys apologetic embarrassment, but there's none to be found...)

( thought I counted them...oh well, lets just say you're at the next level. And the reason I didn't have you attack is because super said only to attack if you attacked, Mexican standoff style, and because tsuch didn't attack that turn. Mostly because I was hinting she should try something else for more fun. Oh well.)
[will:4+3]
You staunch Sanya's bleeding with Fungus bandages.
[will:3+3]
Summon up another giant mushroom man.
[will:2+3]
And Successfully splint your leg and coat your face and hands in a fungi mask and gloves that bond with the burnt skin.  The concussion however...proves harder to fix. Unless of course you want to just jam fungi in your skull till it works or you die. Probably that second one.

And all the mines are gone. You should know, you caught them all straight in the face.

(don't worry about it. I realize I mess things up some times. Honestly there's so much stuff to keep track of I would be surprised if I didn't make at least one mistake per post, on some level.)

Come on, which gods did I piss off today?
Say "Hath-caon Hobitaeaod Garhantel" and try to grab it with the crook of my last leg.  If that works, will myself to grow my other leg back.

[pot:3]
Not quite. You summon up what amounts to just an ordinary lump of rubber in a shape vaguely like a tin can. Oh dear.

... Tiny Hammer -_-
Say "Ku-karua Prathoal" and pray to my god for a war-hammer

[pot:6]
You summon a Warhammer made out of magnet! Don't let it get too near to metal people.

gah, son of a bitch stole my arcane stakethrower... do possibly violent stuff...

((I do believe that the theiving creature must be a magical soul and ill be damned if im gonna let it get away with this

Hehe you seem to always forget my second +1 speed bonus (not that it would have helped me here) and my pool has been 2/5 for several turns despitelack of combat and casting :P))

Point at Sea Phantom and Say: CAINTHALSAZ CONTAR ZZERS
Attack it with knife

[SP spd:6+1]
[Jav spd:4]
[Un spd:2+1+1]
[SP will:5+2]
Both of you pass out again as the Sea Phantom clicks it's teeth and glides closer. This time, you stay knocked out till the next turn.

"I wonder if that effect can be undone, it could be useful for hazardous material storage..."
Silica says <words>
[pot:5+2]
Yep. you make an arcane lightsaber. It's all red too. Guess you're darkside eh?

Also, you never did try pressing the button on that other sword, did you?

[Surprised you didn't do that in the first place Derm. Then again, everyone seems to take the hard way with offensive magic. Its always lightning breathe this, fireball that, stab this, hack that... There are easier ways.

No problem Piecewise, just trying to make things easier on you.

EDIT: Also Byte has a +1 to Pot rolls, although with the roll of a six really doubt that would of changed anything.]

"Haha, success! Sparky is now huge...-er! ...Oh right, I kind of gave up on the 'mark to free up ability to mind control' thing. Since I figured that if it links it similarly, then it really wouldn't free anything up, so I figured why not just make him bigger then? Seriously though, he's huge! If it wasn't for the fact that I'm so sure I'd kill myself if I touched him, I'd say we should just ride him. Also I've decided its a he now, since I'm tired of saying 'it', makes it a touch impersonal in my opinion." Glassco celebrates his success by resisting the urge to make Sparky give him a high five, as he's sure that would end up in his horrible, horrible death. Either by broken arm or electrocution.

"Also, there's a shipyard that a way! It might have a ship. Or not, probably not to be honest, it looks pretty decayed from here. I don't know anything that could bring something back to peak and prime condition, except maybe some loose interpretations of mental willpower. Or turning something into one thing, then back again. Anyway, got that helmet ready? I'm good to make this baby worthy of us!" Glassco waits patiently for John to hand him the helmet.

[Actual actions below!]

"Ah, thank you. Time to turn this bowl into a sloop! Also, you got a point about the cave, there might be neat stuff in there. Not sure if Sparky can fit in it anymore though, but then again with this I should be able to control stone, so what's to stop me from just widening the cave?" Glassco takes the helmet from John, gives it a good look over to see what it looks like, and places it on his head. "Right, also... I have me a bit of a crazy idea, mind if you can try something for me? Either way, something positive will happen, I hope, but if it truly works... Well, the effects could be astronomical. Also on that note, I won't lose control of Sparky, he's perfectly fine. If I do though we're probably going to die horribly, but I don't see why I should. Right now he's just a big 'ole friendly ball of lightning beetle and awesome." Glassco relays the plan to John silently, then takes a dramatic step towards the bowl. "Right, with that out of the way, time to get this baby into shape! Gentlemen and gentlebugs, I suggest taking a step back, mental prowess is on display here!" Glassco then gets to shaping! [Said shaping is in the spoiler down below.]

Spoiler: Ship Re-envisioning! (click to show/hide)

[Can't put the above in spoilers because you can't nest spoilers for some stupid reason.]
The helmet looks kinda like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You put it on.

"Wait this is a better Idea"
Take the bow off of the skeleton give it my obsidian sword and chestplate and words at angle for annoying her bearliance with explosives then get skeleton to kill him if he is still alive[/s]
You exchange weapons and armor with your skele-bro.

"Oooh, I had a fun idea. Hmm, first step."
Rune science.
[pot:6,5,4,6, +1 all]
Blood, salt, ink and sand.

"Thought as much."

Seeing as A16 enhance an object with a rune property Kin decide to try another circle, A31, C1 and offload the metal rod on the larger circle hopefully without discharging himself. Activate the circle.
[pot:4]
The circle works and all, but nothing seems to happen.

(Here's a hint for you guys. Very few of those circles actually create new things; most of them modify things. So throwing random runes you don't know what do into a circle you don't know what does will almost always result in it activating but nothing happening. )

Now that's just creepy. And what's this book?

Adrian pages through the book a bit, picking out a few words at random to say.
Words don't work in the temple. Gotta get out to the temple grounds before  they do.

I didn't want to step into it, just next to it.
In that case it doesn't activate.

I'm sure the fact the thing I ran into isn't just "stone boar" but is "Master of the Mountain" is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

"Ooo, bacon!"

Magic it in the face!

Is my mace still wound up or does it need to be rewound?
(We'll assume you rewound it)
[Spd:1+1]
[Master spd:3 +1]
The creature charges, stone hooves thundering across the soil.
[spd:6+1]
You run and leap out of the way as it charges toward the spot you used to occupy and jerks it's head into the air. As it's iron tusks rend empty space, the ground just in front of it erupts with a wave of stone spikes that trails off away from it.
[pot:3] You spray a thin beam of dust at the creature but it seems to flow right over him and do very little damage, if any.

Oh.  I assumed there were more corpses.  And can't I control a group of zombies as one critter like Angle did with the mushrooms?

Grab a dagger from the tents, but don't wield it yet.  Cast spell, and will my zombie to become more accurate again.  Then head down to the forest, being careful not to step on any leftover landmines.
Angle's mushrooms were little critters. I count them as one since they were small and would have acted like a single creature. If you had a swarm of zombie fetuses, that would only count as one, for instance

[pot:5+1]
What do you want to put that spell on, if not the dagger?
[will:2]
Welp.

You head down to the edge of the forest, but seeing as there's a living mountain looking creature a bit farther in and your spell is on hiatus and your zombie is still dex-less, I'll guess you may want to hold off for a second.

"Back here? Well, I'm starting to get the idea that I'm immortal. Huh."
Go back to the temple grounds, try words.
[pot:1+2]
You summon the skeleton of a gold fish. Huh.

Ok, so that is aura, not enchanting. Crap.
Say Cainthalsaz. If it doesnt get me out first time, do it again until it works. If all three attempts I can make do not work, try cutting out with my sword.
Problem 1: Single words cause their magical effects to appear a few feet in front of you. So not helping there.

Problem 2: using sword implies cutting. Cutting implies moving. See the problem?

"Here's the helmet. Just try not to lose control of Sparky when you use it. While the shipyard might be interesting, I'm also curious about the cave. Caves often have quite a bit of treasure in them."

EDIT: I stand near Sparky and say Secret Words.
[pot:6+1]

And now he's fast too.

"~A-difficult-choice.~"

Say words. If successful, stroll to raider camp.
[pot:3+1]
And you walk your diamond ass down to the raider camp.

"Hmm... Interesting, interesting... On fire you say? And how did that make you feel? Tell me a bit more about yourself. What is the last thing you remember? You can tell me everything. Trust me, I'm a doctor."

Go psychiatrist on the bear. Try to summon second bear again and look for differences between it and the first bear. More rune experiments.
"I was dead. At least I think I was. Why am I here then?"

[pot:6+1]

No difference, but the look of it. But this one isn't talking.

[Pot:3+1]
Circle doesn't work, rune burns out of the circle

[pot:1+1]
Nope.

Also no mana left. That last circle took more then the others.

Say "Gathel Wortheliel Contallthelthel."
[pot:4+1]
You make a sword out of ice and mercury. It's poisonous AND hard to hold on to. The perfect combination.

Put my bear statue in the circle instead of the human and activate it again.
Still doesn't do anything.

I SHALL JOIN THEE. I made a good list of words from reading through this, and I have plans. Possibly involving a void, completely filled with booze. Or permanent drunken stupors.

You know whats going on right now or need it explained.

Garstopit is a verb now?

Make some more circles like the ones I used to make the crystal plants, that is same curcle and same two runes. Then I will have a garden.

Then leave the room and enter another door. Unless someone destroyed the place while I was out
, which I'm OOC pretty sure didn't happen but IC wouldn't put it past everyone.

Well you manage to summon one more plant. Yay.

As per leaving, you blocked the doors off, remember?

((I thought I said if one them use words I was to shoot them.... My character has no idea what all the words do so if some stranger just suddenly shouts out potentially killing me words, then I'm gonna freaking shoot them.... And I kinda wanted too since I'm guaranteed a magic soul if I win... oh well.....))

"Ok one of you screwed up my bear.... Now if one of you just go and heal it then everything with be ok and I'll let you two go.... but try anything funny and your face will become a pincushion got it?"

Yeah threaten them! Show them that I won't be screwed with! Especially after blowing up my bear!

Order one of them to heal my bear. If they run away or do anything different, shoot them. If my bear decides to maim one of them, shoot them too (unless I've already shot, then use my sword.

They heal your bear.

These are weird bandits.

Try again with the same cirlce and bit of steel.

Still doesn't do anything. Do you know what the rune you're using there means? Maybe you should.

Investigate the thing that's sitting off by the side of the road, as I can always continue to the waycastle or outpost later.

Approach whatever it is cautiously muttering words as I go.

There's an overturned cart here, off on the side of the road. The ground near it has been scorched, and there's a scorch mark on one side of the cart. The cages it was carrying have spilled out onto the grass;most are open and they're all empty. There are a few charred bodies laying around the cart, but little else.

Ahead, further toward the north, the outpost squats in the center of the road.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4436 on: April 24, 2013, 02:18:26 am »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: April 24, 2013, 02:28:19 am »

((PW: I never tested it since I was afraid it would require a dex roll, which due to Silica's magic-specialized nature would likely harm her or people near her.))
Noticing that Derm has respawned, Silica approaches him.
"Found anything of interest in the areas you've explored? I have created some pieces of equipment, currently just weapons, if you want to commission a weapon or acquire one of the ones I've already made, just say so."
Silica then walks out of the magic-nullification zone and says <words>
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:35:03 am by Empiricist »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: April 24, 2013, 02:52:50 am »

This is not going well... wake up and run back the way i came utilizing all the mental defenses i can muster, do stuff if i reach safety.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:18:25 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4439 on: April 24, 2013, 04:06:27 am »

More runes.
((@Arch: try arcane with the same word that got you into this mess.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for death by exploded diamond splinters.))
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 435