Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962333 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6285 on: July 02, 2013, 11:32:36 pm »

To my knowledge, none of the images in my avatar are stored in my computer.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: July 02, 2013, 11:36:07 pm »

Yes they are, just not the way you're thinking of. It's like a cookie, its there but you didnt download anything. The computer keeps an off the record 'echo' of the image for... some reason.

I'll cite an example. If I were to view an image in funnyjunk, I'd be able to see the picture. If I directly took the image off funnyjunk and posted it in the happy thread I'd still see the image there. But since funnyjunk hates hotlinking, everyone else would just get an image of 'don't hotlink', and again, since I've seen the image it it's source, I'd still be able to see the image in the happy thread.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: July 02, 2013, 11:39:33 pm »

Well, if there is a problem, I'm not sure if I can fix it, since signavatar doesn't seem to have a password recovery feature obviously visible.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:53 pm »

just take the images, upload them to imgur, and reput them in signavatar.

Make a new account if you have to.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: July 03, 2013, 12:15:37 am »

Well.

My two cents (only two? Australia doesn't even HAVE 1c or 2c coins! Better make it 5c ;) ).

Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate Piecewise. He has done a tremendous job here with la Perplexicon, it shall share space in my DF memories alongside bloodthirsty elephants and loosing my entire embark to carp in mere minutes. But moreso, the skill of the GM, @PW you, has been exemplary. Just as I was joining initially, I was worried I might have a mediocre turn, I might be a little too boring for this game. But as you can see in my sig, I thought things happened a little differently!

(For future reference:)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!

-snip-
I want to say a particular sorry to Bigf00t, who did a ton of work on those python programs only for me to go and pull this. If anyone intends to use this system in the future, I suggest asking him for a copy of the program, because for as little as I used it, it was an invaluable resource.
-snip-
What do you guys want to do?
As much as quoting this feels like grandstanding on my part, I just wanted to give a big thanks to Piecewise. It was no trouble, and I had fun! I'm just glad that it was useful, even if only for a short time. Honestly, the really hard stuff (eg: player tracking inc modifiers) I hadn't quite figured out yet, and now that I have the files, I can figure it out, finish the program and I can run a game with my friends at uni!
... Reads word file ...
Wow, I love what you did with Null's char, thats some badass tattooing right there.

OH! Thats why you laughed at me when I used "Kallth" to try and turn my arm into something that doens't bleed. I would have shot myself but I was saved by my own ineptitude /irony.

OH and PW, NOW I get what you mean by effect:word! Oops.

"Contain (as in to hold something inside something else): Sharsazsho"
Oh.
I think you'd do like (Plant contain booze).
You know, for the longest time I thought the "Control" word was "contains" back when I was reading arena, oops. Later on, I'd go to make something "Ahh yes, suchandsuch contai.... dammit, WHY DONT I KNOW THAT WORD!". Now I do!

EDIT!: @PW, what was going to happen to those claimed by The Other? This me wants to know bad enough me is abandoning grammars.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 12:22:00 am by Bigf00t »
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: July 03, 2013, 12:40:42 am »

Hey I got into another sig somewhen. Excellent! My domination takes another step.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:11 am »

Hey I got into another sig somewhen. Excellent! My domination takes another step.
Damn straight it does.
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: July 03, 2013, 01:15:18 am »

Props where they are due PW
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: July 03, 2013, 04:17:38 am »

I'm looking forward to your next games, PW. It was a pleasure playing this one.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6294 on: July 03, 2013, 04:27:12 am »

I vote for the game with the Artificers and other groups.

Im hoping theres a group based around Will Magic (Which obtains power from their will, just like we have in Perplexicon) that can only use words if its for creating control items or minions. (This is considering will works the same in that game)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: July 03, 2013, 07:49:53 am »

By the way, how good were the Aether, Bismuth, and miscellaneous lists?
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: July 03, 2013, 09:26:53 am »

I'm pretty sure Aether had a pretty good wordlist, but our rune list...

We knew what two circles did at all, right? Not including the one that everyone worked on.

Also, fantastic run, PW. I loved this game- from that time I turned my leg to wood, ripping it from my body with explosive force, to the catstaff, failed beer-bush, turning my hand to sand, turning my head into a sword...

Was fun.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 09:46:26 am by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: July 03, 2013, 09:58:32 am »

I turned my head into a golden lizard. Beat that!
Sig

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: July 03, 2013, 10:09:49 am »

Almost made a catstaff. It was talked about forever onwards.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6299 on: July 03, 2013, 10:12:09 am »

I turned my head into a golden lizard. Beat that!

Theres a dude who converted his lungs into kittens.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 435