Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.6.1  (Read 103383 times)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: [DF 34.11] Warhammer 40k - Underhive Settlement 1.4.5
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2013, 12:08:05 pm »

Some more bugs:
-Brass doesn't show up at the smelter, because the entry in reaction_smelter.txt lacks a " :NONE] "
-The Cogitator needs steel sheets. Not a single civ has access to steel sheets.
-Rust and Priming Compound are produced in ludicrous amounts... in the latter case seriously cluttering the workshop
-Crusher Labourers bleed everywhere. Wait, that's not a bug, that's awesome. Oh, and they can be effortlessly healed by manning a stubber like some healsome relic. That's a bug.
-servo engines/servo motors what?

Nothing terrible, since I fixed most of these myself, and I am incompetent.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2013, 02:26:13 pm »

I really enjoy this mod, but Ive had to give in and change dome floor to be diggable as I found the only other option was to abandon ten embarks/use DF hack reveal. An undigable layer on the first z=few z-levels is just crippling from a gameplay perspective, I'd much prefer it if it was in common large clusters.
So glad you pointed out the brass andcogitator errors though, I'm gonna have to go fix those. Any idea if the stubber problem can be stopped though? Not that Ive ever had ammunition for a stubber and yet to test it.

Also hoping Suds comes back soon as he hasn't logged in since December.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »

Hope dies last etc.
Dome floor? Dome floor is great. There are always at least two or three veins of... garbarge... on the first zlevel, if you use mineral_scarcity: 100 (as in the prepacked advanced worldgen), you just have to dig a lot of stairs to find it. I like this mod especially for its merciless difficulty, the fact that not only stone is a rare ressource but space too(two things DF usually showers you with) gives a new and exciting feeling to it.

Oh, and you may want to fix ink too. It isn't stored in barrels correctly, but the only workaround I found was deleting the coke bar from the reaction (in reaction_cooking.txt, I think).

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2013, 03:16:31 pm »

I really enjoy this mod, but Ive had to give in and change dome floor to be diggable as I found the only other option was to abandon ten embarks/use DF hack reveal. An undigable layer on the first z=few z-levels is just crippling from a gameplay perspective, I'd much prefer it if it was in common large clusters.
So glad you pointed out the brass andcogitator errors though, I'm gonna have to go fix those. Any idea if the stubber problem can be stopped though? Not that Ive ever had ammunition for a stubber and yet to test it.

Also hoping Suds comes back soon as he hasn't logged in since December.

When I was taking a shower I took a close look to what I did to this altered soil system and I said to myself "No, I'm giving too much freedom to the soils and moving it too far from the original"

So, please give me a couple of ours to work with it, I will make a soil leveling to make farming very very hard but not so unforgivable as the current soil set is (Add 1 "organic_waste" soil wich is the only one you can do your underground farming) And keep "ash wastes" [UNDIGGABLE] With big clusters of trash wastes to dig your fortress in...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:26:07 pm by stormcry0 »

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2013, 05:04:55 pm »

About 40% of my military has lost use of one or both of their hands.

Because while I have some decent flak armour for my elite and steel for the rest nobody equips gauntlets.
I tried everything-replace clothing, partial match, exact match, assigning every gauntlet on its own. They just won't.

help.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2013, 10:47:48 am »

If you're using an armor creation reaction, those reactions don't create left/right gauntlets., just unequipable "gauntlets". Forge them yourself, at the metalsmith's forge.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2013, 04:58:06 am »

Wow, lots of stuff. I've been a little busy lately but I've just come in to a load of free time. Thanks to everyone who pointed out bugs and other issues; I'll get to fixing them post-haste.

This looks amazing. I knew abregados version, but hadnt seen this one. Currently looking through the raws.

Your REACTION:WORK_OUT wont do anything, because no item is created. Df only increases skills if something is assigned as product.
Then the reading desk will also do nothing, except for the lost book.

Yeah, I noticed both of those shortly before I got sidewinded, I fixed the problem on the spot but never got around to uploading.

Mr. zimmer I have a frivolous question, I've been looking through your raws and I wonder how did you made or from where you copied the languages for the ratskins and scavvies

They were made via DFLang. Scavvies used the Chaucerian English word list included with the utility. I felt that what came out adequately represented the debased Gothic which I assumed Scavvies would speak. Ratskins I made by machine translating a randomly generated paragraph to Hindi and pruning out capitalizations and accented characters.

Indeed.

Awesome mod. I have a few problems though...
1) Heavy Stubbers are beautiful... but they will be crewed by at least 8 people and their dogs at once, if one isn't careful.
2) junk is awesome, maybe too awesome (6 bucks per pile, about 100 bucks profit with a dabbling techie) but some of the stuff, like the servo engine and the metal torch, seem to be unusable in crafting. EDIT: Works now, probably problem with the bins.
3) Ink is expensive. Buggy expensive. I could literally buy a caravan with two flasks.
4)Ghost fingers are buggy; they don't even show up, instead you get an unnamed plant that isn't harvested, doesn't rot and is worth 100 bucks. I managed to fix this by copying some RAW-tags around, but I have no idea what i did.
5)It's pretty easy to survive by farming dogs. Maybe introduce another genderless caste?
6)Is there is a way to make "dome floor walls" smoothable? It would be pretty nice.
7)Reading books doesn't even stop skill decay.
8)(edit)I can't seem to produce fire save chains?
9) I just unloaded a medical crate and my game froze for a minute.... now there are 30 000 units of thread in my Receiving Bay :| (/edit)
10)This mod is awesome and you shöuld feel awesome.

I didn't read all of the thread, so some of this probably came up already. Sorry.

Junk is meant to be awesome. It's non-renewable and an incentive to keep digging. You can blame Abregado and Destroid for the surplus of thread, I didn't even touch that one. Thanks for all the other bug reports. As for the stubber problems, there's a solution in the works but I'm not exactly allowed to talk about it. I think. Soil layers can't be made smoothable, it's hard-coded.

-Crusher Labourers bleed everywhere. Wait, that's not a bug, that's awesome. Oh, and they can be effortlessly healed by manning a stubber like some healsome relic. That's a bug.

That's a symptom of the way DF handles transformations - wounds aren't tracked across polymorphs. Necessary evil.

When I was taking a shower I took a close look to what I did to this altered soil system and I said to myself "No, I'm giving too much freedom to the soils and moving it too far from the original"

So, please give me a couple of ours to work with it, I will make a soil leveling to make farming very very hard but not so unforgivable as the current soil set is (Add 1 "organic_waste" soil wich is the only one you can do your underground farming) And keep "ash wastes" [UNDIGGABLE] With big clusters of trash wastes to dig your fortress in...

I'd appreciate any help in setting this up. I tried removing topsoil levels altogether and having it all be stone, but that opened up the warp which converted all tiles into an ever-shifting hypnotic morass of flickering colours. It's a cool effect but I can't imagine under what circumstances it would be appropriate to use. Any assistance with balancing the mineral occurrence would be a godsend, really.

About 40% of my military has lost use of one or both of their hands.

Because while I have some decent flak armour for my elite and steel for the rest nobody equips gauntlets.
I tried everything-replace clothing, partial match, exact match, assigning every gauntlet on its own. They just won't.

help.

I've been seeing this too; I'm not sure what the exact source of the problem is as from what I've seen it appears to affect imported gauntlets as well as player-created ones. The best fix would be if Toady would add support for reaction-made gauntlets, but at the moment I think we'll have to make do with training biters.

Actually, can anyone confirm if hivers will equip imported gauntlets if there are no locally-produced ones? I'll try it myself once I get some time to play, but if someone already has the proper circumstances set up I'd appreciate it greatly. Having gauntlets as an import-only good might be a decent patchwork fix.

Bringing the Metalsmith's Forge back and removing all weapons and armour from the Hiver civ might be an effective fix, but I'm not sure how it would affect worldgen and it'd certainly make adventure mode as a Hiver fairly dull. (As it stands, they don't start with any guns anyway, which tends to lower their life expectancy some. That's a result of not being able to remove the bowyers' without getting rid of the wood industry altogether.)

Actually, I don't really remember why we had the custom smithing workshops to begin with. It's a bit micro-intensive and quite a complicated way to do a simple thing. I might bring the vanilla ones back and relegate the custom ones to a secondary role (such as increasing efficiency and looking nice with graphics on), but I'd love to hear some input about this.

As for all the bellyaching about the dome floor, feel free to make it diggable yourselves. It's one line. I'll even include an easy patch in the OP. I intend to keep it in the 'official' version as it is, although I'd prefer to find a compromise as stated above. If I recall correctly, in my testing version, I greatly increased the probability of large stone clusters appearing in hive ash layers, and if I add a few more stone types exclusive to hive ash I think that might result in a more forgiving but still constraining distribution of inorganics.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:05:42 am by Suds Zimmerman »
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2013, 05:44:22 am »

Glad you are back! I have a present for you:
I like the current smithing system, but the gauntlet bug is a pretty big thing, since most hits are to the legs and arms in my games. As things are, I just modded out nerves(which I tend to do anyway), made armor protect the upper arms and hope for the best.

I may have mentioned already that I love this mod; I hereby mention it again.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2013, 09:19:30 am »

Glad you are back! I have a present for you:
I like the current smithing system, but the gauntlet bug is a pretty big thing, since most hits are to the legs and arms in my games. As things are, I just modded out nerves(which I tend to do anyway), made armor protect the upper arms and hope for the best.

I may have mentioned already that I love this mod; I hereby mention it again.

I appreciate your support. I didn't expect there to be so many bugs, though I didn't exactly test vigorously. Would you mind PMing me the raws that you've already fixed? It would save me quite a bit of time and effort.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »

Ghost fingers need a MAT tag.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2013, 10:37:07 pm »

Ok, so, i managed to make a less painful soil system, as I said before, this is more of my tastes and what I believe is the ground of the underhive, with the exception that right now is impossible to make the [SOIL] not farmable, right now all the plants lacks the [CAVE] token, so i will take a lot at letting the wastes be diggable but still challenging in the space aspect...

Also, I want to add something special to the trash soil because right is not doing anything special like the two rubbles that give you stones... Maybe in the trash can be organic trash to let underground farming and give [COVE] token to all the plants?

EDIT1:Oh, a question, if you have ever played the FALLOUT mod you know there are "trees" that act as trash containers, what if I take out the "trash" Soil and Mr. Zimmer or anyone adds the three-like trash bags as source of items and (if possible) organic trash(sand or mud?) to make any underground soil farmable. <-- You will beg for some organic trash  ;D

if you wantto try it, you have to replace all the content in "inorganic_stone_underhive" ... I tryed to stick to the original as much as possible and after 10 tests I can say that you wil be able to place a fort every single time you embark no matter the place or high.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--In a side note: One of the test was a tragic one, 7 was sent to a coastal zone, 4 drowned in the melting ice, 2 died coughing their own blood because the only material present was toxic rubbles (what a bad luck!) And the third one went insane and died of dehydration naked o.o --
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 10:54:34 pm by stormcry0 »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2013, 10:46:12 pm »

Couldn't you just make HFS a Chaos warp center or something?

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2013, 01:50:44 am »

Uhm, aquick question: How do I generated energy power for my mills to work? (without using rivers or brooks, and I believe we don't have windmills in the underhive o_O)?

Also, in what building can I make toolkits?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2013, 05:48:05 am »

Uhm, aquick question: How do I generated energy power for my mills to work? (without using rivers or brooks, and I believe we don't have windmills in the underhive o_O)?

Windmills exist since we can't exactly have geothermal generators or power line tapping. Toolkits are a legacy of the old version which should no longer be present. I'll get them out completely in the next update.

stormcry0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 07, 2013, 12:27:19 pm »

Windmills exist since we can't exactly have geothermal generators or power line tapping. Toolkits are a legacy of the old version which should no longer be present. I'll get them out completely in the next update.

oh thanks you Mr. Zimmer, in the other hand, why no tollkits? :C they are interesting, you must have tools to work in the workbenches... I would keep them, but my real problem are the use of metals, I mean, I have ferrous slags, a reclaimator, a smelter and the two basic forges (hiver and the other o.O) And still I don't see how I can smelt the ferrous slag and then see where to make the toolkits...

Is just like with the isotropic rod, is really awesome the fact that every single source of water is sludge and toxic, but people are inventive, adding plastics from oils extracted from animals/plants then refining it and then shaping it in a furnance would give you another way of making them beside buying it from merchants... Same thing with toolkits.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:28:52 pm by stormcry0 »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33