Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Author Topic: Roll To Redshirt  (Read 86933 times)

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Redshirt
« Reply #615 on: March 14, 2013, 07:15:15 am »

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 14, 2013, 09:10:56 am »

MORE SEDUCTION! GERMANS! BRITISH! GREENS! REDS! EVERYONE IS MY LOVE SLAVES!
No. Bad redshirt. No seducing your own side.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 14, 2013, 09:11:23 am »

MORE SEDUCTION! GERMANS! BRITISH! GREENS! REDS! EVERYONE IS MY LOVE SLAVES!
No. Bad redshirt. No seducing your own side.

*pout*

i suppose i'll just have to do with every other side then.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 15, 2013, 01:01:54 am »

Appeal to Logic, Sanity & Reason that a fire covering more than half the battlefield really should have killed at least SOME of the combatants.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 15, 2013, 04:47:52 am »

Appeal to Logic, Sanity & Reason that a fire covering more than half the battlefield really should have killed at least SOME of the combatants.

I think they're a bit busy with crying in the corner...
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 15, 2013, 06:03:16 am »

That is why it's an action that will be subject to The Dice. I don't know what's going to happen if this one lands on a (1) or a (6). A (5) may not be good either...
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 15, 2013, 08:05:08 am »

That is why it's an action that will be subject to The Dice. I don't know what's going to happen if this one lands on a (1) or a (6). A (5) may not be good either...
(1) EVERYONE COMES BACK ALIVE. HOLY FIRE. (6) EVERYONE IS DEAD. GOOD JOB I GUESS. (5) OH WOW, POOR GREEN.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Benjamaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 15, 2013, 05:39:45 pm »

I wonder if i can use my glass accessory to blind people...?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 17, 2013, 05:55:15 pm »

Return to plane of existence after managing to get my hands on a tesla cannon

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 26, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »

THE RECLAIMATION OF SANTLOS I - TURN X

313REDS+5AFVS+38RESV196GRES+23AFVSV50FJRSV100PRAS

GWG recharges! (4) Gun recharged!
Komra summons the Heart of Gold! (5) summoned.
Onyxjew completes the manhattan project! (1) he attempts to find ancient historical knowledge on the project. It turns out that this knowledge is forbidden. He is burnt to death at the stake by MP units.
Rabidgam wants an iron-man suit! (6) he finds one! With iron-man in it!
Fireiy visits the supply depot! (1) a burst of machine-gun fire from the supply depot tears him in half
ArchAIngel summons ancient warriors! (2) he cannot, for fairly obvious reasons.
Misko helps check out the supply centre! (2) His companion is torn in half, with a bit of...arm?... splattering into Misko.
Ggamer clarifies what the katana-thing does! (1) a red gets argumentative and accidentally shoots him with it. Ask for one with a safety catch next time.
Traitor Persus asks for some Nazi stormtroopers to help! (6) You know that footnote a few turns ago where the Germans win WWII? They later became an inter-stellar empire....[/plot_twist]
Emral disguises himself as a Green! (1) he is caught breaking the laws of war and is shot by a firing squad.
Kingquest uses the mech! (5) he gets in and tears a green tank in half!
Tomio organises a dance party! (6) he dances. His dancing is so terrible that his own small intestine, in a desperate attempt to save life and civilisation, leaps up and throttles his brain. Five people unlucky enough to be watching did of internal haemorrhaging.
Hugo emerges from a different timeline! (1) no it doesn't, it doesn't exist!
Benjamaru attacks the Germans in a fury! (2) the lack of a suitable target leaves him unable to incite his RAGE
Doomblade carries on assaulting the Green Lines! (3) he stops for a rest.
Kahn carries on seducing! (4) she snags a couple of dates with cheesy pick-up lines.
Frostbite enters the battle, and tries to fire everything! (2) he fires his rifle. And misses.
PsiEye appeals about the fire! (2) they either can't hear or aren't listening.
Pufferfish tries to get back to this plane of existence! (2) nope, he's stuck in the daemon worlds.

GREEN REACTION: (6)

Green 9 fires on the resistance again! (5) two resistance fighters keel over.
Green 14 carries on firing with his AA gun! (1) the crew of the tank he just blew shoot him.
Green 17 calls in artillery support! (5) the howitzer battery from earlier, having re-sited to avoid counter-bombardment, open fire again.
Green 18 tries to set up a machine-gun nest! (2) he drops the MG in the mud and has to stop to pick it up and clean it.
Green 19 tries to help 18! (2) he has no idea where to start.
Green 20 attempts to ambush the incoming red tank destroyers! (6) he manages to destroy the lead one with a well placed sachel charge, blocking the road. Shame he got caught in the explosion.

RED ARMOUR! (1)
a tank tries to take out some infantry! (2) it gets half-stuck in a ditch.

GREEN ARMOUR! (1)
Another tank fires on the one that got stuck! (3) the shell glances off.

AIR WARFARE!
3V4V1V2
The R&G air forces take a break from pounding at each other to have a 'turkey shoot' competition against the helpless transport planes. The greens win by a small margin. The transport planes lose. The remaining Fallschirmjäger tumbling, screaming, from their burning planes think that it was a bad idea. But nobody asks their opinions.

Fallschirmjäger! (3)
An officer leads his squad in looting the supply depot! (2) he has trouble breaking down the store-room door.
Another, from the first group, leads his men to the supply depot! (6) he finds it surrounded and under attack by quick-thinking RED forces.
A third officer orders his men to begin fortifying! (2) they fail to find the necessary supplies to do so.

PARATROOPERS! (6)
A lieutenant attempts to clear the town! (6) he clears the town entirely of hostiles, killing five greens and four reds, but loses almost the entirety of his first section of men; eight British bodies litter the streets.
Col. Frost and Maj. Tatham-Warter attempt to set up a headquarters! (5) they set up in the village hall, also setting up a field hospital in the basement.
A second lieutenant orders his men to set up defensive positions! (2) he has trouble getting his men in order after the jump.
A paratrooper attempts to scout the area! (2) his 'chute got caught in a tree.
A second second lieutenant tries to recover air-dropped equipment! (4) his men find a 6pdr. Anti-tank gun.
A final paratrooper looks for a good sniping position! (5) he gets onto the flat roof of a house.

GREEN HOWITZER BOMBARDMENT! (4)
The first shell (5) smashes directly into a RED tank squadron, putting two tanks out of action.
The second (6) smashes into the farmhouse, demolishing it. The five remaining resistance fighters inside, along with eight greens and 9 reds, are killed by the explosion and resultant shrapnel and flying debris.
(1) the next shell falls short, killing five hapless Greenshirts.
The final shell (2) flattens a hedge.

INFINATE IMPROBABILITY DRIVE!
(3) the occupants of the heart of gold wake up as sofas.

END TURN STATUS

393REDS+3AFVS+31RESV177GRES+22AFVSV50FJRSV92PRAS

((dear [insert deity here], this is late. Apologies.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2013, 05:20:49 pm »

> Take command of the HoG. Use the former crew as seating and send for tea.
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 26, 2013, 05:24:03 pm »

Reappear on the battlefield at the time of the battle.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 26, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »

Rebuild the Red tank divisions.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:17 pm »

Help with the rebuilding of the Red tank divisions.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 26, 2013, 06:03:12 pm »

ExplUbercharge someone!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49