Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 180575 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1590 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:33 pm »

Why would you include mortals in the voting?  We would need 2/3 vote to condemn a mortal?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 17, 2013, 07:42:09 pm »

I'm going to stay out of this club, I will help or hurt whoever I wish not those decided by others. I HAVE SPOKEN.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 17, 2013, 07:44:08 pm »

We Devils have to stick to transforming mortals it seems.

Even the good ones.

I applaud your efforts to bring order to this world.

Your rules are acceptable.

"Thank you. Now, if we have one more, the terms '2/3 Majority' and 'majority' will not by synonymous with 'unanimous,' which will be...a nice milestone, I suppose."

Why would you include mortals in the voting?
That's an excellent question, because I don't recall stating we would.

We would need 2/3 vote to condemn a mortal?
Politeness and equality, plus how often would we need to condemn a mortal? If you want to change that, you can suggest it.

I'm going to stay out of this club, I will help or hurt whoever I wish not those decided by others. I HAVE SPOKEN.
Suit yourself...

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 17, 2013, 07:55:29 pm »

"Draco," came the voice of Azaroth. "Your ideas are laudable, surely. But I need clarification of a few matters first. Primarily, what can a 'Power' be condemned for? Secondly, if a mortal sworn to my service breaks my law, am I required to appeal to the council before suitable punishment is enacted?"

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 17, 2013, 08:00:37 pm »

Useal responds."While I consider the Idea to be admirable, I am worried by the fine print. the addition of mortals would cripple my ability to govern Avalon. I would have to seek approval for the least of fines. I hereby suggest that every power be given the right to levy punishment  on those who follow them, and to control their mortal followers outside the bonds of the congress. this would allow more leeway while preserving the essential idea behind the congress. A loose pact with many participants is better than a strong one with three.
Also, the greater emphasis on mortal pawns may appeal to a certain go of chaos".
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 17, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »

My creations appear to be very moral creatures. It's a wonder they don't worship you. Would you like to help manage the laws of my new city? Admittedly it consists of only one factory constructed by my Fae friend...at the moment.

What about the current conflict between me and the god of war? Would I be allowed to call for a vote to condemn him?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:08:37 pm by Vgray »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 17, 2013, 08:12:00 pm »

glances at list of devilsso we've got a devil of war and destruction, a devil of secrets and pride, and a devil of disease... and a god of order. when did this world turn into Warhammer? All we need now are color wizards and witch hunters.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 17, 2013, 08:14:13 pm »

glances at list of devilsso we've got a devil of war and destruction, a devil of secrets and pride, and a devil of disease... and a god of order. when did this world turn into Warhammer? All we need now are color wizards and witch hunters.
Don't forget the devil of lust. But wait; how do I, a god of Chaos, fit into that?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 17, 2013, 08:15:16 pm »

I would accept this pact, as long as there are limitations on condemnation. There needs to be a proper cause for punishment, lest we destroy those we simply dislike.

Oh, and the name could possibly be improved.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 17, 2013, 08:18:22 pm »

Don't forget the devil of lust. But wait; how do I, a god of Chaos, fit into that?
With Orcs, obviously.

I would accept this pact, as long as there are limitations on condemnation. There needs to be a proper cause for punishment, lest we destroy those we simply dislike.

Oh, and the name could possibly be improved.

You are correct, the name is quite discriminatory. How about "The Synod"?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 17, 2013, 08:34:14 pm »

it turned to war hammer the second I asked what Carriers looked like....

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 17, 2013, 08:37:23 pm »

Three words. Pantheon of Prosperity. Or it can be it's own branch...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 17, 2013, 08:39:56 pm »

Draco (GWG) to be honest your wording seemed a little vague to me although I do agree with your overall idea. I'm a little hesitant only because I don't like the idea of being told what I can and can't do with mortals.  It's easy enough for a god to be all nice and friendly with them when your power is dependent on their worship but some of us get our power through other means (such as sacrifice) and thus would be put at a disadvantage by these rules.  I'd also like a bit more detail about how the punishment works.  I also agree about limitations to punishments among ourselves.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 17, 2013, 08:41:37 pm »

Y'know you guys may see my diseases as bad, but I was merely doing some really good population control....

As the populations rise, and tech gets better, we must all pay upkeep
By limiting population and technological prowess, I have kind of helped you all get a little better without ridiculous upkeep

But right now, I feel as if I should either perform more "population control" or let the populations grow so we can get more worshippers......

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 17, 2013, 08:46:38 pm »

Draco (GWG) to be honest your wording seemed a little vague to me although I do agree with your overall idea. I'm a little hesitant only because I don't like the idea of being told what I can and can't do with mortals.  It's easy enough for a god to be all nice and friendly with them when your power is dependent on their worship but some of us get our power through other means (such as sacrifice) and thus would be put at a disadvantage by these rules.  I'd also like a bit more detail about how the punishment works.  I also agree about limitations to punishments among ourselves.

I'm still baffled the god of morality has no problem with killing Atheists...that makes me more moral than him.

I'll repeat the idea that you should offer them a chance to align themselves with one of the Powers.

And I'd rather Jbyg not have the power to abuse his Dwarves thank you very much...

I'm not saying we give them a say.

I'm saying we protect them. Otherwise Jbyg commits mass Genocide of Atheist and Azemist Dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:53:47 pm by Vgray »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 188