Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 180642 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1650 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »

Nay(name doesn't make much sense),Aye(if we can make an exception with a majority vote),Aye
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 17, 2013, 11:19:37 pm »

A- Aye

B- Aye

C-nay

A Synod is a conference called to decide religious doctrine.
EDIT-for C, let it be known that I would rather avert direct conflict with Jbg. I'm getting Deja vu here.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:24:31 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 17, 2013, 11:24:32 pm »

Well, then. A has three aye and one nay; B has three aye and a probably-aye; C has four ayes. Convenient.
Related to Inithis's suggestion, I'm going to add a new Proposal:
A. Amendments
To make it perfectly clear, I propose a new law to add to help facilitate more efficient modification of our laws: 3b. The same process may be applied to alter rather than add laws.

Any other motions on the floor?

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 17, 2013, 11:30:22 pm »

I thus move that we do not act upon Jbyg except when he acts upon us, and then in opposite measure. I am finding this constant conflict to be tedious, and do not want this to become a new AADD.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 17, 2013, 11:30:39 pm »

Aye to the new proposal.

I also propose we let GWG set Jbg's punishment. He has no fondness of the god, but will be fair.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 17, 2013, 11:32:37 pm »

Unlike how Jbg is on the list and he didn't do much, yet I killed so many people, and so many followers

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:00 pm »

...Honestly, do you WANT people to condemn you?

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:38 pm »

Aye to the new proposal.

And I was going to ask if we should punish Javier...

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 17, 2013, 11:45:23 pm »

this isn't suppose to be a vigilante organization. it's supposed to be a defensive pact. The condemnation just means that we can actually act against him, not that we have to.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 17, 2013, 11:58:03 pm »

I thus move that we do not act upon Jbyg except when he acts upon us, and then in opposite measure. I am finding this constant conflict to be tedious, and do not want this to become a new AADD.
Aye to the new proposal.
Aye to the new proposal.
As has been previously pointed out, our condemning Jebyg doesn't mean anything in and of itself; I see it as a sort of warning. It also makes it easier to assign punishments.

I also propose we let GWG set Jbg's punishment. He has no fondness of the god, but will be fair.
Well, everyone seems fine with not punishing him yet, so...when I feel we ought to, I'll suggest a punishment. I refuse to have any powers beyond my actual powers, plus of course my position as moderator and secretary of the Synod. If you want to give me 100% power for determining punishment? Start a motion for it and don't be surprised when I vote nay. In an actual emergency, a single person with power would be useful, but otherwise, no.
...Although the power to set up a temporary "dictator" like Rome did could be useful...

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 18, 2013, 12:00:26 am »

Well, everyone seems fine with not punishing him yet, so...when I feel we ought to, I'll suggest a punishment. I refuse to have any powers beyond my actual powers, plus of course my position as moderator and secretary of the Synod. If you want to give me 100% power for determining punishment? Start a motion for it and don't be surprised when I vote nay. In an actual emergency, a single person with power would be useful, but otherwise, no.
...Although the power to set up a temporary "dictator" like Rome did could be useful...

I meant just for this case. And I don't think I would trust any god to rule over us.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 18, 2013, 12:09:25 am »

I meant just for this case. And I don't think I would trust any god to rule over us.
I wouldn't trust me, either.
Seeing as we're all agreed to not punish him just yet, it's a bit moot.

Sig

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 18, 2013, 12:12:01 am »

Hm, I have a proposal.

If Jbg apoligizes to Vgray(sincerely) and reverses his curse on Vgray's dwarves, he gets out of the punishment.

He probably won't go for it, but we may be pleasantly surprised.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 18, 2013, 12:21:47 am »

Well. I'll make that an official proposal.

A. Absolution for Jebyg
As suggested by Inithis, if Jbg sincerely apologizes to Vgray and removes his curse, he will be absolved. This requires a simple majority.

Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 18, 2013, 12:32:31 am »

Jbg, you can infuse theme with chaos. But being chaos, their stuff is as likely to work far better as it is to explode. You dn' pick and choose random effects. That's why it's chaos.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 188