Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182591 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2013, 09:39:19 pm »

Do you understand why I am opposed to that? And to you killing a quarter of the world's population?

Anyways...I asked this in the IC thread too, but I'll add it here while I'm posting. Are my Eladrin treated as angels or powerful mortals? In the latter case, where do they fit on the Celestial Power Scale? I'd like to know before I send seven sub-Lesser-Fae to fight a Devil...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2013, 09:44:23 pm »

i would say the equivalent of 1-2 tiers below the faerie court
They can stand toe to toe with my carriers, but much else is uncertain

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2013, 09:53:30 pm »

To be fair, Great Wyrm, while he did kill a quarter of the human population, everyone else makes up for it. And the plague has run it's course; even the bubonic only lasted three years(I think...).

They're stronger than imps, weaker than Fae Court. Meaning that Frost Giant could kill one if they were by themselves, but two could beat it. Carriers are very similar in power level. But alone...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:23 pm »

So creating Imps would take less power than creating more carriers........
I could have just created Imps of pestilence........
[/RAEG]

If carriers have same strength usually without weapons, who would win in a 1v1 unarmed match between carrier and Eladrin?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »

To be fair, Great Wyrm, while he did kill a quarter of the human population, everyone else makes up for it.
How so?

And the plague has run it's course; even the bubonic only lasted three years(I think...).
So? He still killed 25% of...ah. The plague's already almost done? If that's true, changing action.

They're stronger than imps, weaker than Fae Court. Meaning that Frost Giant could kill one if they were by themselves, but two could beat it. Carriers are very similar in power level. But alone...
Wait, aren't imps stronger than the Fae Court?
Okay. Divide them up into a couple groups.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »

Well I'm awake, time to get my godliness on.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2013, 10:01:50 pm »

3 imps to take on a fae court, yet It is a COURT aka multiple fae joined up in ranks

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2013, 10:05:17 pm »

Oh boy oh boy, Jbg is amassing an army, this should get interesting, although he is sinking a decent amount of power into his actions.
If he gets into a fight, he might lose

BTW Warbands are murderers and war causes death, so you're feeding me more death power

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2013, 10:07:23 pm »

Oh boy oh boy, Jbg is amassing an army, this should get interesting, although he is sinking a decent amount of power into his actions.

BTW Warbands are murderers and war causes death, so you're feeding me more death power
I'm actually not using that much power. The angel is just talking to the humans, and inciting them into a rage. The only power i am using is to cleanse them of disease, fear and giving my champions a bit of my worship.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »

If Eladrin can take on a frost giant, they could probably easily kill off the entire warband....... Especially if there are 7 of them.......

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2013, 10:15:23 pm »

And i were to send out all my carriers to amass at the warband at night, the same thing could happen

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2013, 10:16:28 pm »

3 imps to take on a fae court, yet It is a COURT aka multiple fae joined up in ranks
No, I just confused fae courtiers' and Lesser Fae.

So, somewhere between 1/6 and 1/2 of an angel each per Eladrin. Neat. As an angel is around a decidevil, I need at least a score of Eladrin, and perhaps 60. It takes 5 energy to make an Eladrin, so getting another 33 would cost...165 energy...I'm not getting an Eladrin Celestial Police Force any time soon.

Oh dear...oh dear oh dear oh dear. I need to get SERIOUS power if I'm going to police this world....I'm so screwed.

Jbg, could you provide an explanation of motivation for any conflict you get into with your warbands so I don't persecute you for justified conflicts? That would save us both headaches. Actually, that applies to everyone, but Jbg's seems to be the most soon....
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »

If Eladrin can take on a frost giant, they could probably easily kill off the entire warband....... Especially if there are 7 of them.......
And i were to send out all my carriers to amass at the warband at night, the same thing could happen
A: The warband will win, if not i care little. The whole world feels hatred at what the devils, fae, and even gods have wrought. They shall serve me, and i shall serve them.
B:Why would carriers affect them? i protect them against all disease.
No, I just confused fae courtiers' and Lesser Fae.

So, somewhere between 1/6 and 1/2 of an angel each per Eladrin. Neat. As an angel is around a decidevil, I need at least a score of Eladrin, and perhaps 60. It takes 5 energy to make an Eladrin, so getting another 33 would cost...165 energy...I'm not getting an Eladrin Celestial Police Force any time soon.

Oh dear...oh dear oh dear oh dear. I need to get SERIOUS power if I'm going to police this world....I'm so screwed.

Jbg, could you provide an explanation of motivation for any conflict you get into with your warbands so I don't persecute you for justified conflicts? That would save us both headaches. Actually, that applies to everyone, but Jbg's seems to be the most soon....
I don't control the warbands, all I do is give them power and set them on the path to vengance. All the gods, devils,and fae who have screwed over humans can be subject to their rage. I may support them, and i may try to dissuade them should the cause seem futile, but their decisions are their own. Please do not interfere with justice.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:21:59 pm by Jbg97 »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2013, 10:23:37 pm »

Jbg, are you planning to attack my town? If you want to keep that prophet you should probably move him.(also, good luck turning my warded city and good reputation against me)

Also, is their anything I might be able to trade to Cupiditas, Protogenos, or Strelic for their blessings? (reproduction boost for  Cupiditas, farming boost for Protogenos, or trade luck from Strelic). Other blessing offers are welcome. I can do city shielding, build temples for you, or just do something your Domains don't permit.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »

Re: Jbg:
Oh crap...that means I need to keep an eye on a bunch of warbands rather than a single god...
Well, it should be easier to handle one warband...

If we agree that the warbands are embarking on an unjust course of action, can you dissuade them? Please?

Re: rancor the ninja:
What are your domains again?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 188