Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182664 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #255 on: January 02, 2013, 08:35:56 pm »

So Devils and Fae have an easier time doing things outside of their spheres? Huh...

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 02, 2013, 08:45:41 pm »

So Devils and Fae have an easier time doing things outside of their spheres? Huh...
there are more differences. devils also receive power from the proliferation of their spheres, as well as from worship. Fae don't need or benefit from worship, they just regenerate magic. Fae are permanently corporeal, and can be killed like mortals.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 02, 2013, 08:46:36 pm »

there are more differences. devils also receive power from the proliferation of their spheres, as well as from worship. Fae don't need or benefit from worship, they just regenerate magic. Fae are permanently corporeal, and can be killed like mortals.
Gods can be killed by mortals......
If there were thousands of them......

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 02, 2013, 08:50:06 pm »

Just posting a chart of power based on the list posted above. Power represented by how many of everything else needed to beat it.
GG: 2 Devils, 3 Lesser Gods, 5 Fairy Lords, 10 demons, 20-30 angels, 40-60 Fairy Courts, 120-180 imps, 120-180 Lesser Fae.
Devil: 1 Greater God, 2 Lesser Gods, 3 Fairy Lords, 6-8 Demons, 12-24 angels, 24-48 Fairy Courts, 72-144 imps, 72-144 Lesser Fae
LG: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 2 Fairy Lords, 2 demons, 4-6 angels, 8-12 Fairy Courts, 24-36 imps, 24-36 Lesser Fae
FL: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Lesser God, 2 demons, 4-6 angels, 5 Fairy Courts, 15 imps, 20 Lesser Fae
Demon: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 2-3 angels, 4-6 Fairy Courts, 12-18 imps, 12-18 Lesser Fae
Angel: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Fairy Courts, 6 imps, 6 Lesser Fae
Fairy Court: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 3 imps, 4 Lesser Fae
Imps: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Lesser Fae
Lesser Fae: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Imps
How many humans does it take to kill an imp? Multiply that number by 180 and thats how many humans it takes to kill a Greater God.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2013, 08:51:16 pm »

No, mortals can kill a god's followers, but the gods themselves could just hide in the celestial realms. Fae are stuck in the normal five dimensions.
(actually, spellcasters might be able to do it, but..)
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:05 pm »

Just posting a chart of power based on the list posted above. Power represented by how many of everything else needed to beat it.
GG: 2 Devils, 3 Lesser Gods, 5 Fairy Lords, 10 demons, 20-30 angels, 40-60 Fairy Courts, 120-180 imps, 120-180 Lesser Fae.
Devil: 1 Greater God, 2 Lesser Gods, 3 Fairy Lords, 6-8 Demons, 12-24 angels, 24-48 Fairy Courts, 72-144 imps, 72-144 Lesser Fae
LG: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 2 Fairy Lords, 2 demons, 4-6 angels, 8-12 Fairy Courts, 24-36 imps, 24-36 Lesser Fae
FL: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Lesser God, 2 demons, 4-6 angels, 5 Fairy Courts, 15 imps, 20 Lesser Fae
Demon: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 2-3 angels, 4-6 Fairy Courts, 12-18 imps, 12-18 Lesser Fae
Angel: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 2 Fairy Courts, 6 imps, 6 Lesser Fae
Fairy Court: 1 Greater God, 1 Devil, 1 Fairy Lord, 1 Lesser God, 1 Demon, 3 imps, 4 Lesser Fae
How many humans does it take to kill an imp? Multiply that number by 180 and thats how many humans it takes to kill a Greater God.
thousands?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2013, 08:53:26 pm »

No, mortals can kill a god's followers, but the gods themselves could just hide in the celestial realms. Fae are stuck in the normal five dimensions.
(actually, spellcasters might be able to do it, but..)
Fuck spellcasters, spellcasters and beings of war fuck up the delicate number system i calculated.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »

thousands?
Well, let's start with the Lesser Fae, i think maybe 2-3 humans can kill 1 lesser fae, which is equal in power to an Imp. So, 2-3 times 120-180 is about 240-540 humans to kill a Greater God in single combat and if the god stayed in the mortal realm for some reason.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2013, 09:31:11 pm »

No. Let's put it this way.

If you haven't watched LotR, you really don't belong in a fantasy RPG of any sort.

If you have...the Balrog was an Imp of War(so around as strong as an FC).

Think about that for a second.

Also, Jebyg...you're trying to make your people immune to fear and disease...when the things that might affect them come from Powers that specialize in that sort of thing. They might not get the sniffles, and a shoggoth might not faze them, but when the Blood-Pore Plague comes around, unless you use a hefty chunk of power to keep them safe, they're going to be affected. Similarly if a Living Nightmare wades through their ranks.

But you could always just make them incredibly good at fighting. Of course, there's the issue of the insanity/violence/chaos in your domains reducing them to one, lone survivor of the blood orgy that became once two of them started arguing...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:13 pm »

Modified my turn. The full edited thing is the most recent post.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:33 pm »

The Balrog an...oh my.
This is a couple leagues higher than I thought.
Where would a creature like the D&D, CR 2 imp fit in?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 02, 2013, 09:45:10 pm »

...Mmm, Balrog-y goodness.

I was planning on joining as a devil(although not a "chaotic evil lol dead humans" kind.)
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 02, 2013, 09:50:35 pm »

Fine, 5-10 regular humans per non-war imp. So, 5-10 times 120-180 is 600-1800 regular humans per non-war god.
15-20 regular humans per war imp means about 1200-3600 humans per god of war. Since I'm a god of war and i'm imparting a portion of my power (about a tenth total) to each of my 20 champions that means each champion and their base power can kill 1.2-2 imps. Damn.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:02:21 pm by Jbg97 »

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 02, 2013, 09:52:05 pm »

The Balrog an...oh my.
This is a couple leagues higher than I thought.
Where would a creature like the D&D, CR 2 imp fit in?
least fae, probably.

Also, would you mind having your eladrin spread word of my town as a safe haven? Ther'll be a temple for you in the turn after this one if you do.(and if you accept I physically cannot go back on this)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 02, 2013, 09:57:36 pm »

But if the balrog was taken down by gandalf, a Human magic user, magic users screw everything up......
40-60 gandalfs to kill a GG
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 188