Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182565 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #540 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:16 am »

An ethereal world shaped by morality. Based on how good people had been in life, they would have increasing amounts of control over the dreamscape. A saint would be as a god in my plane, shaping the ether to his will, as a sinner would be at the mercy of oblivion, helpless, the mists of creation ignoring his demands and pleadings.

Being one of my worshipers does not give you 'special privileges' in this afterlife; however, you will be allowed to contact loved ones through our temples, be able to inhabit the dreamscape when asleep, and be guided to the path of morality by those who lived it.
As long as you do not attempt to take my warriors away from me and on the path into this world, i am happy.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:14 am »

So warriors go to Valhalla. And everyone else goes to your plane...

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2013, 12:26:35 am »

Sounds good to me. I don't know who wouldn't want to eat, drink, and fight without consequence though.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 04, 2013, 12:26:50 am »

Raise you ten dorfbucks that he doesn't have enough.
...There's no way you are going to be able to create an entire world, mcclay.
Bet you 5 dorfbucks that enough energy would do it.
I'll bet you 20 that he can mever raise enough energy to do it.
No bet, either of you.

An ethereal world shaped by morality. Based on how good people had been in life, they would have increasing amounts of control over the dreamscape. A saint would be as a god in my plane, shaping the ether to his will, as a sinner would be at the mercy of oblivion, helpless, the mists of creation ignoring his demands and pleadings.
As God of Morality and Justice, I request a part in judging the mortals.

Being one of my worshipers does not give you 'special privileges' in this afterlife; however, you will be allowed to contact loved ones through our temples, be able to inhabit the dreamscape when asleep, and be guided to the path of morality by those who lived it.
I have nothing major against this (it's your right), as long as A. your worshipers can use these benefits to help others and B. you do not persecute other gods for giving their fallen followers some kind of afterlife aid.

So warriors go to Valhalla. And everyone else goes to your plane...
I'd make a plane, but...
I got it.
Inithis, how about we split the afterlife job? You make the majority of it, I make the place where the moral people go. In exchange, I may use my authority as God of Morality and Justice to judge the mortals.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 04, 2013, 12:29:15 am »

Seems fair enough, GWG. I feel kind of uncomfortable about the whole -afterlife aid- thing though. The whole point of the system is for there to be a place where life is, above all, fair. If some villain gets to fudge the system because their god says so, that defeats the entire purpose.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 04, 2013, 12:29:51 am »

Just sayin' you get to judge everyone else in the universe, except warriors. I judge those, and if i find them lacking of true warrior spirit, i send them to you for judgement.
edit: Oh shit, what about chaotic creatures? We'd need to make a whole other afterlife for those who are beyond good, evil, and warrior.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:31:33 am by Jbg97 »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 04, 2013, 12:31:16 am »

Who judges the greedy people? AKA people most likely to follow me?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 04, 2013, 12:35:12 am »

Ok, how about this.
When anything dies, it is sent to a sort of afterlife bus station that is neutral ground for all. Then me, GWG, and Inithis judge the souls as a panel, seperating them into groups: Good, Evil, Warrior, and Chaotic.
Good and Evils are sent back to GWG and Inithis, and they do whatever the hell they want with it. Warriors are sen to me for further judging, if i find them lacking, i have them reincarnated. Finally, Chaotics are reincarnated automatically.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:49 am »

Ok, how about this.
When anything dies, it is sent to a sort of afterlife bus station that is neutral ground for all. Then me, GWG, and Inithis judge the souls as a panel, seperating them into groups: Good, Evil, Warrior, and Chaotic.
Good and Evils are sent back to GWG and Inithis, and they do whatever the hell they want with it. Warriors are sen to me for further judging, if i find them lacking, i have them reincarnated. Finally, Chaotics are reincarnated automatically.
Somehow I think this agreement is slatned in your favor
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 04, 2013, 12:42:42 am »

Mmm, fair enough system; providing that any truly evil combatants (ex: killed for no reason, took great pleasure in the murder of innocents) is not given a pat on the back and an Valhalla cookie.

And, of course, if anyone tries to intrude on our afterlife...

We kick the crap out of them.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 04, 2013, 12:45:43 am »

Mmm, fair enough system; providing that any truly evil combatants (ex: killed for no reason, took great pleasure in the murder of innocents) is not given a pat on the back and an Valhalla cookie.

And, of course, if anyone tries to intrude on our afterlife...

We kick the crap out of them.
M'kay, that's 2/3 gods agreeing so far. GWG what do you think?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:58 am »

Wasn't I to kill off the chaos creatures, what would be the point of killing them, only to revive them??

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 04, 2013, 12:53:27 am »

...Their souls are reincarnated, not their bodies.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:53 am »

Wasn't I to kill off the chaos creatures, what would be the point of killing them, only to revive them??
...Their souls are reincarnated, not their bodies.
Also, the chaos creatures aren't the only chaotics. Any mortal can be a chaotic, Elradin, Shoggoth, Dwarf, Human. Anything really, they just have to go down the right path.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 04, 2013, 01:34:48 am »

So what counts as sinning? What makes a saint? If it's solely based upon your god's ideas of it, the other god's won't be happy when their followers souls don't come to them.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 188