Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 183292 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #555 on: January 04, 2013, 01:37:48 am »

So what counts as sinning? What makes a saint? If it's solely based upon your god's ideas of it, the other god's won't be happy when their followers souls don't come to them.
Don't care. If they come for us they face the wrath of 3 greater gods. They can't do anything.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 04, 2013, 01:46:52 am »

Well, two GG's and a devil. But still.

And morality shall be based on the human's perception of it; whether what they do is good for the humans around them and benefits them, or is intended to. We shall not be biased towards any god, ourselves or others.

The afterlife is fair; nothing more, nothing less.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 04, 2013, 03:38:09 am »

I wonder, do dead souls count as followers in the afterlife?
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 04, 2013, 04:35:16 am »

Oh well maybe Celestia has a more open mind...

As long as they're honest about it and the sex is consensual, I have no problem with it.

If they show up and say "Hi! We're horny demons and we need other species in order for us to get pregnant. Who'd like to help?" I won't interfere.

If they're showing up in the middle of the night and impregnating women unawares, infecting them with diseases and expecting them to raise the children to adulthood to only then find out they've been raising demons...that would not sit well with me.

I advise you to consider carefully what your goals are. If your goal is to have these creatures for their aesthetic value, I'm not one to argue over aesthetics. If your goal is to create havoc, I will oppose you regardless of how you choose to frame it.

I seek harmony for my people. Will you oppose that? Or will you be part of it? Or, a third option, will you ignore it and do your own thing?

I do not seek conflict. But know that if it comes looking, I will be there to end it.
That better then expected, word of warning, a foocubus reaching their end of a month without sex will do the same as a staving man, but with my cult that should not be a problem.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 04, 2013, 04:38:06 am »

how is foocubus pronounced? fuk-U-bus?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 04, 2013, 04:43:45 am »

More fool-U-bus.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 04, 2013, 04:47:23 am »

More fool-U-bus.
Damn, that isn't nearly as punny.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 04, 2013, 04:54:42 am »

I call Slaanesh, Sandslash(pokemon)because it amused me so if you want to call them that go ahead.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:57:06 am by scapheap »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 04, 2013, 09:56:11 am »

Seems fair enough, GWG. I feel kind of uncomfortable about the whole -afterlife aid- thing though. The whole point of the system is for there to be a place where life is, above all, fair. If some villain gets to fudge the system because their god says so, that defeats the entire purpose.
And the same to you.
It just seems more logical to have the guy judging the dead to be a god of justice. And waddya know, we have one!

Mmm, fair enough system; providing that any truly evil combatants (ex: killed for no reason, took great pleasure in the murder of innocents) is not given a pat on the back and an Valhalla cookie.

And, of course, if anyone tries to intrude on our afterlife...

We kick the crap out of them.
M'kay, that's 2/3 gods agreeing so far. GWG what do you think?
It's worth a shot, but I'd like to make an amendment.
The system can be changed at any time by the consent of a majority of the gods involved.
Oh, and why are the Chaotics reincarnated immediately? Justify that and I'll agree with it.

And morality shall be based on the human's perception of it; whether what they do is good for the humans around them and benefits them, or is intended to. We shall not be biased towards any god, ourselves or others.
The afterlife is fair; nothing more, nothing less.
I'm not sure if that is fair. A saint who never lives up to his own expectations would be worse off than a psychopath who doesn't see anything wrong with what he's doing. There needs to be a concrete set of rules which doesn't vary from person to person. That is fair.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 04, 2013, 10:02:34 am »

Shouldn't we do this completely democratically, and have all Gods/Devils on the panel? I might have some very good followers, who as fas as I'm concernered, are saints. But they'd be considered sinners by you guys, and thus punished.

Or we all just deal with our own followers, and screw your panel.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 04, 2013, 10:13:08 am »

I suppose that's reasonable...however, I can't help but feel that this is more suited to the Gods of Justice and the Afterlife.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 04, 2013, 10:45:02 am »

+1

Whomever a soul asks for, they shall receive.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 04, 2013, 12:14:03 pm »

I agree with this, your not getting my followers.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:00 pm »

Whatever. I don't care much about the Afterlife idea, I just don't feel that it's right to have the God of Justice left out of any judging thing.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2013, 01:26:34 pm »

Your entire idea of the afterlife crumbled in a matter of moments...

Now every god wants a piece of the puzzle :P
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 188