Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182507 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #2115 on: January 23, 2013, 08:59:31 pm »

I'll vote nay for executing Jebyg. He's pretty fun to have around, all things considered.

If you have a beef with him however (say he ruins your city, or eats your followers, or removes your arms to build a chair), then it should be up to you and whoever you can convince or bribe into helping you to deal with him. After all, no good myths end with "The other gods gangraped the evil into oblivion, and it was never heard from again."

This could be the start of a new trend :P
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 23, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

Unthinking clay robots or sentient Golems?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 23, 2013, 09:13:58 pm »

Nay.
I'll vote nay for executing Jebyg. He's pretty fun to have around, all things considered.

If you have a beef with him however (say he ruins your city, or eats your followers, or removes your arms to build a chair), then it should be up to you and whoever you can convince or bribe into helping you to deal with him. After all, no good myths end with "The other gods gangraped the evil into oblivion, and it was never heard from again."

This could be the start of a new trend :P
that was basically what happened to chronos, tiamat, the Rakshasa, and probably a few others.

also, I like golems because a race of jailers seems useful. also, After reading Jonathan strange and mr Norrel, I vote for diAlcatraz being on the far side of the afterlife.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: January 23, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »

Maybe Inithis should create an afterlife which captures the souls of those who don't worship Powers...

Make a Purgatory/Limbo afterlife!!!!!!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:55 pm »

Hm...

Again, looking at everyone's domains:
Alrezar: Wind, Ice. Wings or icy abilities.
Azaroth: War, Fire, Destruction. Attack abilities.
Azem: Earth, Fire, Wealth. If we make golems, start it here.
Cupitas: Lust, Restraint, Pain. Use your imagination.
Draco: Law/Justice, Light, Peace. Spackle, lasers, glowy bits, and an Aura of Peacefulness (augmented by Jim to keep prisoners fine with their situation).
Inithis: Afterlife, Death, Duels. Some sort of soul-capturing ability??
Javier: Death, Disease, Trickery. Maybe zombies? Maybe give them illusion abilities?
Jim: Persuasion, Creation. Maybe a mind-affecting ability to keep them persuaded to not escape?
Usael: Defense, Contracts. Some defensive abilities? Making them follow their contracts better?

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 23, 2013, 10:33:23 pm »

He's the Devil of Death, not Undeath.

I like the idea of using Golems as a base.

Super-powered flying Golems.

...that makes me think of Tiberius from the You Are A New God game...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: January 23, 2013, 10:42:33 pm »

He's the Devil of Death, not Undeath.
Ah well.

I like the idea of using Golems as a base.

Super-powered flying Golems.

...that makes me think of Tiberius from the You Are A New God game...
And it makes me think of that Golemsmith game, and the calculations I just made about how big we'd need to make a golem that houses a small town.

Anyways.

Golems (made by Azem), with wings (Alrezar), as well as magical abilities including light (me), and Aura of Peacefulness (me, Jim), some defensive abilities (Usael), some sort of Flamey Death Attack (Azaroth), and whatever Javier, Cupitas, and Inithis come up with to add. So...Synod Seraphim?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: January 23, 2013, 10:49:26 pm »

I just had an amazing idea from misreading a bit of stuff. What if the Divalcatraz IS a golem?
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: January 23, 2013, 11:16:50 pm »

I just had an amazing idea from misreading a bit of stuff. What if the Divalcatraz IS a golem?
...you want a giant hollow golem, as big as an island, to serve as your magical prison?
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: January 23, 2013, 11:32:12 pm »

...you want a giant hollow golem, as big as an island, to serve as your magical prison?
The nice thing about being a god, I get to tell the laws of physics to go sit in a corner for 5 minutes whenever it looks at my creations funny.

Oh, and how are we counting abstentions? Do we count them as negs or remove them from the calculations of 2/3 majority or whatever?

Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 23, 2013, 11:40:51 pm »

The nice thing about being a god, I get to tell the laws of physics to go sit in a corner for 5 minutes whenever it looks at my creations funny.
Well you could still be within the realm of physics if the golem had very disproportionate legs, as in fucking massive.

Oh, and how are we counting abstentions? Do we count them as negs or remove them from the calculations of 2/3 majority or whatever?

Well, you said it had to be a two-thirds majority of the synod to pass something, a person not voting still detracts from such a majority and would be counted as a "nay" unless further specified.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »

Not really. If the legs were about as big together as the torso, it might be within reason.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 23, 2013, 11:53:07 pm »

Not really. If the legs were about as big together as the torso, it might be within reason.
Wrong thread.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:43 pm »

No, I was talking about your first quote there, comment right above mine.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:13 am »

No, I was talking about your first quote there, comment right above mine.
Oh yeah, two different threads talking about making massive golems that people live in is a bit confusing.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 188