Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 181982 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #2220 on: January 27, 2013, 01:56:56 pm »

In addition to the undead, I'll be sending my two demons.

Also, even if we could capture the thing alive-unlikely-we can't let it drain souls.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 27, 2013, 01:58:49 pm »

Make it hold up the sky!

Or make Jbyg hold up the sky.

Wait a minute...levitate Divalcatraz and make it hold up that!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 27, 2013, 02:01:25 pm »

Draco. The way to solve the worship problem is to get more followers. Even when you're asleep, your minions can still act. I give that big upkeep for a reason; it forces you all to either compete for worshipers, which I haven't been keeping track of the distribution of populations as I should, or to all work together and try and get very devoted followers. And no, the Synod would not count as a Pantheon. Yet. Think about what the four guys who made one did to become one. They helped each other in visible ways, in the game, not simply talking things over, agreeing, and the like. Though you might end up forming a Pantheon with Jebyg and some others, should you continue to quarrel; Ra and Set were enemies, but part of the same pantheon.

Oh, and a note for the Pantheon. It's a bad idea to let another member die. It will result in Fun.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 27, 2013, 02:06:44 pm »

And as clarification, here's how upkeep works.

You know how I record the population? Divide it by five. That's the amount of upkeep you have to pay to continue existing, if you're a god. Divide by ten for a devil. Fae don't give two shits.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 27, 2013, 02:08:09 pm »

So am I awake now, because technically I was sleeping?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »

How did I help out Azaroth again? He helped out me in a big way I know that...

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 27, 2013, 02:12:10 pm »

The thing that frustrates me is Difference in upkeep between devils and gods. Devils get worshippers just like gods do, but they also get more power from ratings and less loss from upkeep.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 27, 2013, 02:13:58 pm »

Actually...I wonder how much of that is reverence/fear/hate and how much of that is us feeding off of emotions.

Or rather, whatever the hell it is we gain influence from. Wealth and Greed for me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:15:36 pm by Vgray »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 27, 2013, 02:15:06 pm »

Devil worship is mostly symbolic, it goes us power, but we get power from what people actually do with their lives
Gods are powered only by worship.

GWG, make your followers have a day of fasting, where they spend all day praying to you!

Increase the worship by a bit.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 27, 2013, 02:18:11 pm »

And Fae....use them as workers. And cannon fodder.

And destroy their souls.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 27, 2013, 02:19:30 pm »

I used to use them as dinner mostly.....
Then Inithis came and stole all my delicious souls!!!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 27, 2013, 02:25:22 pm »

Incidentally, how many people live in Hospice?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 27, 2013, 02:30:11 pm »

You granted all allied fae knowledge of where to find valuable minerals or something like that.

Also, I'm going to try and develop a new method of magic to teach to my followers.  It involves them draining energy from their surroundings or from other living creatures to gain magic and cast spells.  This should allow us to have more magic users running around and helping achieve our goals without anyone having to invest upkeep to give someone powers.  It also allows a mortal to cast magic while still worshiping a deity.

The magic would have two flavors: Pure Magic and Death Magic.  Pure Magic is gained from a mortal draining heat energy from their surroundings and is quicker and easier to use.  Death Magic is when the caster drains energy from something living to cast more powerful spells that they would not normally be able to cast with Pure Magic.  Death Magic would be less useful in combat and more useful for rituals because it would require living things to be brought in and sacrificed to fuel the spells.  Also we would try and use Death Magic less often due to the loss of life and use animals or plants instead of people for the sacrifices as much as possible.

Only a select few mortals will be taught this magic, and if they abuse it or use it in ways we find offensive, they will be executed.  These mages will be kept under very close watch and most likely be elite followers that go around taking care of business and carrying out the most difficult assignments.

Oh and Fae cannon fodder? ???
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 27, 2013, 02:31:43 pm »

We probably can't change our supernatural type.
What part of "When Draco goes night-night" did you not catch?

On the subject of temples, what would everyone say to a temple for everyone In Avalon?
Sounds nice. I'd contribute, but..what the heck, I'll make the lights or something.

Draco. The way to solve the worship problem is to get more followers.
No, really? Wow! I suppose I'll have to be evangelizing and stuff...oh, wait, I have been. And I'll need to cut off my healing miracles if I want to avoid falling asleep this turn or next rather than in four turns, so there's that...

Even when you're asleep, your minions can still act.
Which gives me 10 that I can count of for certain once I stop doing anything.

I give that big upkeep for a reason; it forces you all to either compete for worshipers, which I haven't been keeping track of the distribution of populations as I should, or to all work together and try and get very devoted followers.
Gee, like I haven't been trying to do that already.

And no, the Synod would not count as a Pantheon. Yet. Think about what the four guys who made one did to become one. They helped each other in visible ways, in the game, not simply talking things over, agreeing, and the like. Though you might end up forming a Pantheon with Jebyg and some others, should you continue to quarrel; Ra and Set were enemies, but part of the same pantheon.
Joy. And irony.
What would the Synod need to do as a group to actually become a pantheon?

Oh, and a note for the Pantheon. It's a bad idea to let another member die. It will result in Fun.
Good to know.

GWG, make your followers have a day of fasting, where they spend all day praying to you!
Increase the worship by a bit.
Would that actually do anything? Aside from alienate some followers, I mean.

Anyways...

Spoiler: The Synod (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 27, 2013, 02:45:07 pm »

You granted all allied fae knowledge of where to find valuable minerals or something like that.

Also, I'm going to try and develop a new method of magic to teach to my followers.  It involves them draining energy from their surroundings or from other living creatures to gain magic and cast spells.  This should allow us to have more magic users running around and helping achieve our goals without anyone having to invest upkeep to give someone powers.  It also allows a mortal to cast magic while still worshiping a deity.

The magic would have two flavors: Pure Magic and Death Magic.  Pure Magic is gained from a mortal draining heat energy from their surroundings and is quicker and easier to use.  Death Magic is when the caster drains energy from something living to cast more powerful spells that they would not normally be able to cast with Pure Magic.  Death Magic would be less useful in combat and more useful for rituals because it would require living things to be brought in and sacrificed to fuel the spells.  Also we would try and use Death Magic less often due to the loss of life and use animals or plants instead of people for the sacrifices as much as possible.

Only a select few mortals will be taught this magic, and if they abuse it or use it in ways we find offensive, they will be executed.  These mages will be kept under very close watch and most likely be elite followers that go around taking care of business and carrying out the most difficult assignments.

Oh and Fae cannon fodder? ???

Azaroth is a Devil.

Alrezar is the Fae with lots of similar letters.

Azaroth broke Jbygs siege and I...can't think of anything I did to help him.

I helped Alrezar a lot. And he built me a temple. Which was never even mentioned by the GM. I want details about that Dwarven Caravan later too.

You and me have a good working relationship.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 188